IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The "lurve Of My Life"!, What do you lurve?
Feyliya
post Oct 22 2004, 06:46 PM
Post #1

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 380

I just thought I'd make a thread for people to tell what things in life they really and truly lurve. That one thingiemabobber that you don't really need, but makes life just that little bit better for you and makes you smile when you use it. To start off, I'll post my current "lurve of my life".

The other week I bought a wok without opening it to look at it, besides to make sure all the pieces were included. I figured that the wok was cheap and would serve until I had the money to buy something teriffic to make my oriental dishes in. When I got home, I opened it up fully and found to my utter and complete astonishment that my wok was not only cheap, it was a professional-quality piece of cookware!

So I took my wok out for a test drive last night. I am in LURVE!!! This thing is so beautiful! The way it's so smooth and stick-repellant that water dribbles out of it like it's sliding off a duck's back! The way it's carefully texturized so that my food doesn't just slide out when I'm flipping the rice around in it! The way it goes from cold to boiling temperature in less than a minute! The way I let my rice sit for over 5 minutes on medium-hot heat without stirring while I went to the bathroom and nothing burned nor stuck! This wok is FANTASTIC! I don't know how I managed to cook fried rice so well before without it! If we ever have a Mata-Meet in Seattle, I will be sure to cook fried rice for everyone in that wok!

So that is my current "lurve of my life". A little odd, not exactly "feminist", but it makes me smile just thinking about it. What is yours?

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 01:21 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!