IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cheap International Calls!, this is COOL!
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Nov 6 2004, 12:09 AM
Post #1

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 197

Ok, before you say anything, I'm not pushing this to make money, I'll more than likely use this myself (we're talking 7000 mile long distance relationship)

Anywho, a friend of mine introduced this thing called Skype, essentially a voice chat program that does free computer to computer chat, like yahoo but more reliable, with clearer sound and less lag, anyway, while i was downloading it (it's 10meg so i had a minute to waste) I was looking around their website and came across something quite fantastic, its called SkypeOut, essentially you can use this voice chat software to call people....on their phones! But here's the groovy bit, and it is groovy with a capital GROO, for a select few countries...well...about 26 (including mobile/cell phones for America and Canada) it cost just 1.1p!! thats 1.7€cents and just 2cents US!!!

Now, this may not mean much to some of you but for those of you with loved ones who live far far away, I hope you'll agree this is truely an awesome find....or maybe I'm just over excitable tongue.gif anyway, I though some people *coughjaqcough* might find it interesting

...oh yeah linky

enjoy biggrin.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Nov 6 2004, 10:18 AM
Post #2

dream to make believe

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 863

I went off on one about that a while ago... when I was going to have broadband (which, let's face it, isn't going to be any time soon).

Are the call prices per min or just a connection charge? *too lazy to go look*

edit: realising p@ was going to Camden today I went and looked and anyone who feels lazy and wants to know, it's 1.1p per min.

This post has been edited by snoo: Nov 6 2004, 10:20 AM

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 11:59 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!