Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stop Me If You Have Heard This One...
Cavocy
post Nov 22 2004, 09:38 PM
Post #1

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,400

I've been sick with a cold for over a week now, nothing to special about that. Anyway my roomies have both left for Thanksgiving, which means the place is extremely quiet and boring. Anyway, I live staying up, but on Saturday night I looked at the clock and said, "It's midnight and I'm sick, I'm going to bed." Again nothing special.

Except for the fact that I woke up a little less than half an hour ago, making it 1 PM on Monday. I slept through SUNDAY! And half of Monday. Mind you I have to write an Economics paper, do laundry, and clean up my stuff in a little more than 24 hours. I mean... you aren't supposed to be able to sleep like unless, your like... I don't even know, I didn't sleep like that when I was hospitalized for various things that have happened.

Okay, done now. Have to go and work and do stuff I was supposed to have two days to do and now have one. Happy happy joy joy.

--------------------
"You cheated!"
"Pirate."

Have a nice Doomsday.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Nov 22 2004, 10:03 PM
Post #2

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,112

Hope you're feeling better.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Nov 22 2004, 10:05 PM
Post #3

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

That's really scary... good luck getting your stuff done smile.gif

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
Black-Wings
post Nov 22 2004, 10:12 PM
Post #4

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 1,371

woah.. wait.. so you slept for like more than 24 hours???

--------------------
If I die before I'm waked, allow me lord to rock out naked :b

VOTE BROTHER BLACK SHEEP.. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO...

+Quote Post
Gouge Away
post Nov 22 2004, 10:15 PM
Post #5

That's 'Sir Guppy' to you

Member No.: 1,507

There's an old woman in Japan who sleeps for two days then stays awake for two days at a time. You might be able to challenge her one day laugh.gif

Best wishes getting all your stuff done.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 22 2004, 10:49 PM
Post #6

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

As much as I'm sure that that probably isn't very healthy, it also sounds absolutely lovely to me! I'm terrible at getting deep sleep and usually end up waking up feeling tired, especially during the winter, so 36 hours of sleep sounds wonderful!

'Hope you're feeling better now from whatever it was.

I bet that was very disorientating. I've thought that I was on the wrong day of the week before, but I've never actually lost one!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
monosodiumglutem...
post Nov 23 2004, 02:04 AM
Post #7

may contain peanuts

Member No.: 1,342

wow.
o_o
the longest I've ever slept was about 16 hours (give or take a few) from the jet lag from going over there to Europe..
ah, well! look at the bright side!
you missed an entire day of being sick o_O

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Nov 23 2004, 02:59 AM
Post #8

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

When I had mono I did that once...then I went back to school and didn't stay home again. ^^;; I mean really, 36 solid hours is enough to shake off mono, right? heh

The weird thing about getting lots of sleep is that you feel bizarrely alert. When you're used to running off very little sleep and then you get that much it's like you've walked out of a dark building into blinding sunlight. Disorienting, definately.

Go you!

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
rika-chan
post Nov 23 2004, 03:36 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,489

ah.. sleep. this is my expertise ^___^
well, what you did cavocy is like a dream come true tongue.gif Anyways, after about 3-4 months of trial and error and semi-fainting, ive deviced a small set of plans on how NOT to sleep, but think that you did ^___^. Now, the maximum affect you can get is sleeping for 2 hours a night, nearly consecutively for 2 months. What works best, is to get something reallly exciting to do, that you love to do, except its also work, (ex. drawing a comic) Next, go to bed @ 12, and wake up 3 am. for the first week or so, itl feel like your drunk or something.. but if you put sum nice music (may i suggest 'Child Prey' by Dir En Grey XD) on, you can make it. After the first week or so, switch to sleeping @ 11pm and getting up at 2 am. Try that for another few days.. and then you are free to sleep from the following timings without too much pain
10-12,.. 3-5, ... 2-4 (1-3 is a bit risky, but some peoples metabolisim can do it)
the only problem that ive realized from these sleeping patterns, is that you loose control of blood sugar.. making you really excited. But dont worry. there are No sudden drops. Those medical experts are crazy. theyve not been on rika's sleeping diet yet, so they cant say poo. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Daedalus
post Nov 24 2004, 12:25 AM
Post #10

Pretend you didn't notice

Member No.: 556

36 hours of sleep is a scary thought.

Longest I've slept is somewhere between 20 and 24 hours, and that was only once, after a week of running around the Brecon Beacons with an assault rifle, sleeping in cramped, wet and uncomfortable places and not getting a lot of it. What joy.

Think I managed to stay awake for about 40 hours straight once, although in less strenuous circumstances.

--------------------
I wub snoo

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Nov 25 2004, 11:35 AM
Post #11

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

Yes I have done almost something like that. Going to bed at the start of Saturday (4:00 in the morning, a continuation from Friday mind you) and waking up on a monday morning at 6:30. ARGG!

+Quote Post
Wyvern
post Nov 25 2004, 12:40 PM
Post #12

sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes the bug

Member No.: 1,348

Oooh! So much sleep that sounds beautiful I have a nasty tendancy to do it the other way round. Much awakeness and no sleep.

Worst example being the run up to my final show at uni I was doing 72 hour shifts of awake with about 4-6 hours sleep between each one. Hmm not clever, got everything done but I seriously dont advise trying it EVER!

I've been told that is supposed to be impossible *shrugs* so Im not sure how I managed it. It does throw your sleep pattern out for weeks though.
On the plus side you get to see and hear some pretty neat things that Im pretty sure shouldnt be allowed outside of surrealist images and drug trips. Good for inspiration and excellent if you dont mind blinding headaches and issues with tilting floors. tongue.gif

Please my dear when you work out the secret of your amazing ability, let me know so I can put it to good use should I try doing something quite that stupid again. tongue.gif

--------------------
[CENTER]Proud participator in the Noob adoption sharing scheme.
Trial specimen: Raevnkite.
Progress:Progressing Nicely

Tribe Wyvern:Come visit!
Im Irishguys Pockety Pet!!!
[/CENTER]
Maps alter your perceptions, confuse your mind and make familiar things seem very strange and thats before you unpack the compass...

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Nov 25 2004, 02:22 PM
Post #13

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

..lucky tongue.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Nov 25 2004, 02:45 PM
Post #14

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

Hmm...I really want to see how disorientating it is now! Waiting for some kind of illness to hit...anny time now...

Dan, was that with cadets, by any chance?? laugh.gif sounds like an average weekend in my opinion!

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 02:14 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!