IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jaq Matameet, Jaqmeet, Matajaqmeet, Matamejaqet, Sorry we couldn't figure what to call it
Cath Sparrow
post Dec 4 2004, 02:44 PM
Post #1

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

Right Jaq is thinking of coming to the UK next summer so seeing as she wants to Meet some of us lunatics (mad fool tongue.gif ) it's been surgested that maybe we set up a Meet. I know it's a little early but they were poking me into action! dry.gif She thinks it'll be end of July beginning of August and I know alot of people maybe on holiday round then but if we can get as many people together as we can for her that'll would be fab! biggrin.gif So what we'll do is keep this updated as to her arrangement and see what we can do and plus it'll be another excuse for us to get together and get drunk. tongue.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 4 2004, 02:53 PM
Post #2

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Sounds good.

I can't do the second weekend in August, but with enough notice ay other time around then should be fine. Get back with dates as soon as possible!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Dec 4 2004, 03:42 PM
Post #3

Took this grammar!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 165

Well I'm planning on doing the touristy back packing thing through Europe after my contract in Korea is up and having London being my last stop before I go home (since the flights seem to be the cheapest from there). I'll be flying out of Korea around the 5th or 6th of July, spending some time in continental Europe then coming to the UK when my money starts to run out.

I don't want to spend more than a month in Europe, as it's freaking expensive with even the maximum of penny pinching, so I'm planning on making my flight for about or around August 4th.

So.

Long story short, I have no idea, but give me a date and I'll stick by it. (I'm not being very helpful, am I?)

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Dec 6 2004, 03:09 AM
Post #4

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Yay! Jaq is coming to England biggrin.gif *this makes Frogg happy*

*does happy dance*

If the second week of August is the Crawley Circus Convention, then I canne make it either, but it looks like you will be here before then.

*does some more happy dance*

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Dec 6 2004, 03:16 PM
Post #5

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

Is jaq definitely going to be in England the whole time? Because if not, then it gives me a reasonable date for the meet I've been thinking over in Scotland... Just wondering if there's going to be enough flexiblity for that, or if its going to add whole layers of complicatedness to everyone's affairs...

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Dec 6 2004, 08:08 PM
Post #6

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

Oooh, meet in scotland could be good since I'm mostly stuck here till the 5th of August and quickly running out of holiday time (already booked for the Notts meet though). smile.gif

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Dec 7 2004, 12:25 AM
Post #7

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

I've seen this and not replied for some reason....I thought this might make jaq feel unloved, so I thought I'd best comment, COOL!!! biggrin.gif

Might I recommend a trip from Lille on the Eurostar, I might even be able to swing it with the old man to give you somewhere to kip for a night or two....maybe...

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Dec 7 2004, 05:44 AM
Post #8

Took this grammar!

I can always come to Scotland. That would be keen! Like I said the places are up in the air and I plan on not making rigid plans on where I'm going. That makes grammatical sense, right?

What's Lille? Is that a city in France? I'm a bit confused.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Dec 7 2004, 09:52 AM
Post #9

NyanNyanNyan

Cool! I'll wait to see what everyone else thinks of the idea before actually putting any effort into it though. Which means that if anyone thinks they'll wanna go to this, then can you please tell me if Scotland (ie Glasgow) would be okay for you lot to travel to. Plenty of places to stay/eat/drink/be merry etc, and getting there is easy as pie (plane, coach, train etc). All I'm asking for is a show of hands, but do try and let me know soon eh wink.gif Its not all that long away... o_o

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 7 2004, 11:01 AM
Post #10

What might be the easiest and most economical way of having a meet in Glasgow would be for some sort of ride sharing to be set up, where southern people who drive could pick up northerners on their way up the country, or southerners who can't travel up to the places of people who do drive and progress from there.

Last time we tried to do a northern meet I think the cost of tickets was a stumbling block, so I'm trying to think of ways to get over this!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 7 2004, 03:16 PM
Post #11

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

Yes! Summer will be after A-levels, so I'll be able to be there!
*wondering whether anyone is bothered*
Anyway, like the lady says, give me a date and I'll pre-book the day off from everything smile.gif
We should have a meet in Cambridge sometime, methinks. I might be able to come as well then rolleyes.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Dec 7 2004, 03:26 PM
Post #12

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Last time we tried to do a northern meet I think the cost of tickets was a stumbling block, so I'm trying to think of ways to get over this!

All chip in to hire a mini bus and take turns driving?

Matameet roadtrip - sounds like fun to me. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Dec 7 2004, 04:29 PM
Post #13

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Woo, a Mata road trip does sound fun, I cannot actually drive, but I'm sure the several hundred miles from London to Glasgow will serve as the best lesson I'll ever have biggrin.gif

Will Pixi Goth be able to make it?

I'd put in for petrol and what not, if it worked out cheaper than a train ticket. Also, thr oter thing I was thinking is that being in the summer, prime tourist season, accomodation won't be cheap. Any thoughts?

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Dec 7 2004, 06:19 PM
Post #14

I've been brainwashed

The minibus sounds like quite a good idea I'll be happy to do some of the driving as I would have been driving anyway. Also happy to take a couple in my car if we dont do the mini bus. (this is all of course if I can make it)

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 7 2004, 07:11 PM
Post #15

A minibus would have to drive in a very silly zig-zag across the country. Call me crazy, but it's the arriving (read as: having beers in the pub with everyone) that counts for me! Nice idea, but I don't think it would be very practical.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Wyvern
post Dec 7 2004, 08:53 PM
Post #16

sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes the bug

Member No.: 1,348

I like the sound of a Scottish meet having never been to Scotland before.
Plus Im dying to meet Jaq put a face to the amazingly speedy caffeine powered typist.

So long as I know with plenty of warning to book holiday Im game for anything!

*starts scheming and plotting in preparation* evil.gif

--------------------
[CENTER]Proud participator in the Noob adoption sharing scheme.
Trial specimen: Raevnkite.
Progress:Progressing Nicely

Tribe Wyvern:Come visit!
Im Irishguys Pockety Pet!!!
[/CENTER]
Maps alter your perceptions, confuse your mind and make familiar things seem very strange and thats before you unpack the compass...

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Dec 8 2004, 11:07 AM
Post #17

NyanNyanNyan

Wow. Cool, thats a lot of folk already! Travel can be a bugger, but you should be able to find buses cheap if you go to www.megabus.com and book in advance. They're busy, cramped and boring, but you can get a ticket from london for as little as... (pause whilst I check) 12 return. Now if that aint cheap then I don't know what is. Plus the things go from everywhere in the country, so you can get one wherever you are, and they drop off right in the city centre of Glasgow, so its easy to meet people (also its right next to the train stations, so if anyone cant take a bus for whatever reason and gets the train instead then they can get picked up just as easily etc)...

As for accomodation, there's more than enough el-cheapo one nighter places (travel-inn etc) actually in the city centre, and I can easily look up some sites for B+B's, hostels and the likes.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Jaq, the date is mostly up to you if this is alright, but in the meantime I'll put together some information and see if anyone else might be able to make this. If you guys are sure that you can come, then I can get almost everything you need pretty quickly. Hooray for free internet!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Dec 8 2004, 12:42 PM
Post #18

Took this grammar!

Alright, tell me if this is a bad date for anyone, but what about the 6th and 7t of August? That's the first weekend in August and would be really good for me to aim for.

Any objections?

I would think that this gives people enough time to book off any days that they need to book off, and a greater chance of having days already free, since it's the weekend and all...

--------------------

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 8 2004, 12:45 PM
Post #19

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

Nope, no objection. As long as I remember nearer the time, when I get a full time job over summer and they ask "any holidays already booked?" tongue.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Dec 8 2004, 05:56 PM
Post #20

I've been brainwashed

Afraid that'll count me out cant do the beginning of August. Sorry. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Dec 9 2004, 09:24 AM
Post #21

NyanNyanNyan

QUOTE (Cath @ Dec 4 2004, 02:44 PM)
She thinks it'll be end of July beginning of August and I know alot of people maybe on holiday round then but if we can get as many people together as we can for her that'll would be fab!

QUOTE (Cath @ Dec 8 2004, 05:56 PM)

And you went to all the bother to post this thread if you knew already that you couldn't? Not good enough, you're coming whether you like it or not tongue.gif

Start of August is ideal for me - still away from uni then (start back a month after that), but in saying that, any time in August should be alright for me... :S I'll start getting stuff together in about a week or so, when I finish for christmas. Until then I'm just gonna be helluva busy, and can't really spare time to research, but no fears, I should have something for the lot of you before chrimbo. Hurray!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Dec 9 2004, 10:53 AM
Post #22

Took this grammar!

QUOTE (Tarantio @ Dec 9 2004, 06:24 PM)
QUOTE (Cath @ Dec 4 2004, 02:44 PM)
She thinks it'll be end of July beginning of August and I know alot of people maybe on holiday round then but if we can get as many people together as we can for her that'll would be fab!

QUOTE (Cath @ Dec 8 2004, 05:56 PM)

And you went to all the bother to post this thread if you knew already that you couldn't? Not good enough, you're coming whether you like it or not tongue.gif!

you tell 'er Tara. Yeesh! There's no excuses allowed now young Cath. You're coming and you're going to have a good time whether you like it or not!

--------------------

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Dec 9 2004, 11:32 AM
Post #23

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Yay!!!

I have put the date in my calendar! Woohooooo biggrin.gif

Cath, hunny if there is a RL reason you cannae come then I guess that's fair enough, and I guess we can all respect that.

But if this is just so that you can plant bombs on us whilst we are away *shakes fist* then I will just be, erm. Well I'll be really angry mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Dec 9 2004, 04:33 PM
Post #24

NyanNyanNyan

And also quite exploded. Not nice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Dec 9 2004, 06:13 PM
Post #25

I've been brainwashed

I did tell Jaq when I got harassed into making this thread (yes I was harassed!!! tongue.gif ) that I couldn't do the beginning of August so she was prewarned (so you have no excuse to tell me off! tongue.gif )! My excuse is valid I have to go to a wedding of a friend in Greece. This has been arranged since August bank holiday! So they beat you lot to my attention this time! tongue.gif (would have loved to come and meet Jaq but I really cant this time I'm sorry)

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 05:52 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!