> Think Before You Act!, sudden death
ravein
post Dec 9 2004, 02:17 PM
Post #1

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

http://www.wral.com/news/3982564/detail.html

So this is what I came to work to this morning. There is one student dead and one in the hospital with the death of a friend on his hands. It doesn't mention it but these kids stole the car they where driving.
Guy's be careful. I know a lot of you are young, and it is easy to act and not think things through. Just think before you act. This is a horrible thing to see.

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dancing hamster ...
post Dec 9 2004, 02:52 PM
Post #2

Our UAV is online

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,304

we are young - but not foolish (well most of us)

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 9 2004, 03:12 PM
Post #3

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

...people know not to do this, and they still think it's cool. I just wish there was a way of getting this kind of thing out of teenage culture sad.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Dec 9 2004, 03:36 PM
Post #4

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

That's horrible.

Right after I got out of highschool a couple of people I knew got into a car wreck. They decided to drive drunk at high speeds on a foggy night and they ran into a pole, killing all four of them. The driver, who is the one I knew best, was decapitated by the crash.

Sometimes people may think that they know better than to do stuff, but often that teenage feeling of immortatility overruns the better judgement.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
ravein
post Dec 9 2004, 03:43 PM
Post #5

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

I just hate that someone so young is gone. Death is tragic anytime, but for someone so young it is worse. I just wish that they had taken the time to think about their actions before they acted. I know I did some stupid stuff in high school and I know that it a series of unfortunate events that caused their deaths. I just wish that they had considered that their actions could have consequences.

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Dec 9 2004, 03:47 PM
Post #6

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Reasearch has shown that offenders have problems with impulsivity and thinking about the consequences to their actions.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Dec 9 2004, 04:06 PM
Post #7

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

QUOTE (LoLo @ Dec 9 2004, 10:36 AM)
Right after I got out of highschool a couple of people I knew got into a car wreck.  They decided to drive drunk at high speeds on a foggy night and they ran into a pole, killing all four of them.  The driver, who is the one I knew best, was decapitated by the crash.

Something similar happened to me. After I graduated, a guy from my wrestling team and a friend of his went out after a few beers. They took a sharp turn too fast and went off the road into a ditch. They both died on impact. Coach was devistated and the guy's picture now resides in the wrestling room.

My senior year, a really popular chick was hit by a drunk driver in a semi and died. The student body brooded for days and all of these considerations were put aside for her. Interestingly, though, another student died of leukemia the same year and was barely acknowledged.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Cassidy
post Dec 10 2004, 09:15 PM
Post #8

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,498

QUOTE (ravein @ Dec 9 2004, 04:43 PM)
I just hate that someone so young is gone. Death is tragic anytime, but for someone so young it is worse. I just wish that they had taken the time to think about their actions before they acted. I know I did some stupid stuff in high school and I know that it a series of unfortunate events that caused their deaths. I just wish that they had considered that their actions could have consequences.

Death at any age is tragic, if an older person has died all the years of experiances have gone for ever, the memories that will be gone, knowldge that can no longer be shared, used or recorded....if a younger person dies then all the potential has died with....whats worse....we are a youth orrientaed society that often undervalues older people unlike some eastern societies....sorry rant over...any death is tragic

+Quote Post
Medae
post Dec 11 2004, 05:02 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,403

Sadly, this will always hold true. There'll always be those who think they're above death. It's scary... I've been in a situation like that before, but not by choice. My life was completey in the hands of the kid driving, who decided to show off by taking a very sharp turn at 65 MPH. A girl down the street from me died last year after making a turn too fast in the rain. Her car flipped over a ditch and landed in her own horse pasture... she died just yards from her house.

It's unnerving to think that a loved one could be walking across the street one day then bam, get hit by a bus. Kinda makes you value life that much more, eh?

--------------------
They ended up calling it Jinx, because while it was a friendly
sounding word, it still warned of its potential for disaster. And it
was easier, at least among their circle of friends, to simply say
"Jinx" when Sophie wasn't to be trusted around anything that could
possibly be influenced by this particular trait of hers.
--The Onion Girl

+Quote Post
Twitching
post Dec 13 2004, 12:34 PM
Post #10

like peppermint aftertaste

Member No.: 714

Med, you weren't riding with Johnny were you?

(Friends don't let friends ride with Johnny.)

--------------------
Medae is my n00b!

Oink!

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Dec 14 2004, 02:09 AM
Post #11

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

As the song says, "We're only immortal for a very short time..." It's one of those lines that sound nonsensical, until you think about it, then realise it's profound. Teenagers rarely think of the future (present company excluded, I presume...), and, so, often think nothing can happen to them. Until it does... sad.gif

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 11:51 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!