Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When You Play With Fire
depressed lonely...
post Jan 28 2005, 03:44 PM
Post #1

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,469

What do you use.
My brother is quite partial to making explosives out of shot gun cartridges and accelerant.
His friend who burnt down the local scouthall likes just accelerant(petrol, kero, etc)
And I like to just burn things being grass in a field and then go 50 metres away to watch or things in garbage cans that i stay to moniter.

So when you start fires what do you use, where do you start them and do you use accelerants or mild explosives?

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dancing hamster ...
post Jan 28 2005, 03:46 PM
Post #2

Our UAV is online

Member No.: 1,304

I once wrapped my sisters teddy bear in knewspaper and set it alight - It burned quite well but she wasn't very impressed!

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Jan 28 2005, 03:53 PM
Post #3

I set fire to my friends history text book in class.
And in year 7 i had a tin of wax and wick in my room that i lit iften enough to stain my walls.
In year 8 i got into trouble for starting fires in bins at school even though it was mid july and had a wind chill factor of -11C and we still weren't allowed inside the schoolbuildings during lunch or recess mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jan 28 2005, 03:54 PM
Post #4

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Er... Does anyone else think that perhaps this isn't a very wise thing to be encouraging each-other to do? Petrol is nasty stuff and the fumes have a habit of getting places that you don't expect, resulting in big explosions when you weren't anticipating them...

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Jan 28 2005, 03:58 PM
Post #5

I'm not sure that I'm encouraging fire starting I'm just interested in how other people do it

--------------------

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Jan 28 2005, 05:43 PM
Post #6

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 28 2005, 10:54 AM)
Er... Does anyone else think that perhaps this isn't a very wise thing to be encouraging each-other to do? Petrol is nasty stuff and the fumes have a habit of getting places that you don't expect, resulting in big explosions when you weren't anticipating them...

So. I'm being lazy. Anyway, Just saying the avatar is wonderful.

Moving on... Petrol is nasty stuff... Accidentally um... Caused some things that we didn't really want to happen... That's all I really have to say.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jan 29 2005, 05:40 AM
Post #7

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I've set myself on fire before, both intentionally and unintentionally.

I've attempted firebreathing, but now actually know how to do it. I lack the neccesary tools to do so, so stay tuned.

Back in the day, we used to make napalm out of gasoline and styrofoam, toilet paper and gasoline, spread it on a ramp and launce off of it with our boards.

I enjoy making controlled fires. It's best done in an open area on dirt in a pit of some kind.

I find deisel or kerosene work better for most pyromaniacal pursuits.

I can make bombs out of household items, however lack the desire to do so.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
sjbbandgeek
post Jan 29 2005, 05:53 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 618

Gasoline is dangerous stuff, best not to mess with it. Unless you like not having eyebrows.
Some fun things to use are trioxane and sodium. Trioxane are these bars that you can buy at almost any backpacking store, they last 5-10 minutes each and can boil water. Sodium is a metal that lights up when it touches water.

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Jan 29 2005, 11:39 AM
Post #9

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I just like to sit and watch fire. I mean, it's so... random? I mean, in science we've been taught about the whole solid/liquid/gas thing (they've managed to miss out plazma...) but then, I don't get what's the deal with fire... Ummm, I like to light matches and then burn them until it touches my fingers and then I'm like woo and then I sniff the air because the smell is oh so good...

One time I set my hair on fire for a bit and so I had to cut a chunk off becaude it was all smelly and frazzled.

I haven't really had a chance to do much with fire, although I'd like to. My parents are pretty strict about that and if I did anything at school then I'd be pretty dead. But I do get the offchance to set alight newspapers and stuff.

I really want to start doing poi though. I mean, I've seen pictures of when they've been dipped in kerosene and set alight. I have to actually buy some poi first though...

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jan 29 2005, 02:17 PM
Post #10

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Fire poi are fun, but I have seen more people set themselves on fire with them than anything else (including Jonman), after that it's fire nun-chuks. Get _very_ good at poi before using fire ones.

http://www.matazone.co.uk/images/47full.jpg Now that's a big fire.

http://www.matazone.co.uk/images/DSCN0706.jpg This might have been me, I can't actually remember because it's been so long since I dug out these photos.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Jan 29 2005, 02:20 PM
Post #11

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

*looks at burn desk, the odd melted key on keyboard and packs of lighters infront of him*

Yeah I like fire. Wouldn't go far enough to tell people what I do/have done with it incase anyone tries likewise. I may like playing with it and have done for years but i but I still fear and in a way respect it.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jan 29 2005, 02:22 PM
Post #12

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

QUOTE (sjbbandgeek @ Jan 29 2005, 05:53 AM)
Sodium is a metal that burns like hell when it touches water.

There, fixed that for you. Playing with sodium is actually not all that safe, kids!

As for what I use? Firecrackers and methylated spirits, of course!

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jan 29 2005, 02:27 PM
Post #13

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

Snap 'N Pops and lighter fluid. I think you can imagine how that would work.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Jan 29 2005, 02:27 PM
Post #14

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 29 2005, 02:17 PM)
Fire poi are fun, but I have seen more people set themselves on fire with them than anything else (including Jonman), after that it's fire nun-chuks. Get _very_ good at poi before using fire ones.

http://www.matazone.co.uk/images/DSCN0706.jpg This might have been me, I can't actually remember because it's been so long since I dug out these photos.

Wow. you did poi?! ohmy.gif YOU RULE!!! Man I want to do that soo bad, I mean, it's so pretty and everything...

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jan 29 2005, 02:34 PM
Post #15

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 29 2005, 02:17 PM)
Get _very_ good at poi before using fire ones.

Make sure to tie your hair back. All of it. And for the love of nutmeg do not wear a shell suit whilst doing fire poi!

Voices, you can make some easy home made poi with a pair of knee lenght socks and either two tennis balls, or two jugling balls.

Here is a link to Home of Poi & Fire twirling, where there ae lessons and stuff.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jan 29 2005, 02:58 PM
Post #16

Shut up, noob!

Oh, and growing up, we blew a lot of stuff up with M-80s. Hell, fireworks in general were the best thing in the world to us, that and rubbing alcohol.

Here's a good quote from last week: "Set your chest on fire! Set your chest on fire!" I had no rubbing alcohol so it didn't go over well.

Oh, and if you want to use rubbing alcohol, it's best to use alcohol of 70% purity or higher. Otherwise it won't light.

--------------------

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Jan 29 2005, 03:35 PM
Post #17

I used to use fire poi, I was also a part of a group called "Fire Bugs" we actually got paid several times for our performances. But I spooked myself when i blacked out from lack of food halfway through a performance and set my trousers on fire. to this day I have no clue how i didn't end up with scars from that.
and i had the most ab fab fire stick made for me by hayden who ran the local performance art company it had the most perfect wieght but it was conficated by the police along with alot of important stuff when they raided the home of Sarah (who's a Goth *spam*) because she was growing weed and they were trying to set up a case around that and the fire stuff to proove that she should have her kids put in care.
and these days i don't play with fire at all cos the rest of Fire Bugs have left town and i don't think it's fun to twirl alone, i don't have shoes the run away in so i can't start grass fires and i don't like to melt the plastic bins near me and the only place that has metal ones is either the high school or the mall which has surveilance cameras mad.gif
ho hum rolleyes.gif

edit another thing to do if you're being safe with fire twirling or poi. Wear a beenie cos you can cover and contain your hair with them and most of them can be pulled down over your eyebrows.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jan 29 2005, 05:44 PM
Post #18

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I don't play with fire. EVER!!

I'd love to learn fire twirling and breathing but, as I'm sure I've mentioned before on the forums, I have an uncanny ability to set myself alight.

*looks at scarred hands*

Yup, me and fire just don't get on. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Jan 29 2005, 05:47 PM
Post #19

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

Uhm....yeah....

When I start a fire it's with good old matches, the wooden ones not booklette ones, and I have some sort of fire pit. I like the smell of burnning leaves or fire wood in the fall but I can't say that I light anything on fire for just kicks and giggles. Although when there is a fire pit going I poke at it with a stick sometimes. Or set my roasted marshmellows on fire.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jan 29 2005, 06:36 PM
Post #20

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 29 2005, 10:17 AM)

Is that at burning man? I love fire tornados.

I do fire devil sticks and poi. However I did set my arse on fire spinning poi while drunk.
And I mean my arse, burned a hole in the butt my fav jeans. However getting drunk and putting a lit cig in my pocket was way more funny.

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jan 29 2005, 08:46 PM
Post #21

Shut up, noob!

NEVER EVER EVER DO THIS, but my old buddy Phil once drilled a hole in the engine of a model rocket and pured out the powder. He lit it with a long match and the powder blew up in his face. He lost his eyebrows in that incident.

--------------------

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Jan 29 2005, 08:58 PM
Post #22

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

QUOTE (sjbbandgeek @ Jan 29 2005, 06:53 AM)
Gasoline is dangerous stuff, best not to mess with it. Unless you like not having eyebrows.
Some fun things to use are trioxane and sodium. Trioxane are these bars that you can buy at almost any backpacking store, they last 5-10 minutes each and can boil water. Sodium is a metal that lights up when it touches water.

Pfft, I eat sodium for breakfast. tongue.gif

No, if you want to make a really big bang, Francium is the way to go. Although it is one of the most reactive metals, and radioactive. unsure.gif

Or, alternatively, you could use the most electronegative element in the periodic table, our old friend, Florine! Yay! \o/

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
DarkInferno
post Jan 29 2005, 10:34 PM
Post #23

Serpents hide behind your eyes

Member No.: 346

I mainly deal with Nat. Gas, LPG, Propane, Mapp (methylacetylene-propadiene), Kerosene, Butane,

and a few others I guess...

--------------------

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is mearly energy condensed through a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.
- Bill Hicks

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Jan 30 2005, 12:01 AM
Post #24

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Jan 29 2005, 02:22 PM)
QUOTE (sjbbandgeek @ Jan 29 2005, 05:53 AM)
Sodium is a metal that burns like hell when it touches water.

There, fixed that for you. Playing with sodium is actually not all that safe, kids!

As for what I use? Firecrackers and methylated spirits, of course!

Are you sure? Unless I'm getting my metals mixed up, sodium only produces hydrogen rapidly when placed in water, and actually needs to be ignited. Potassium downwards is self igniting. As for Francium, I can't say I've had the privelige of seeing some of that go off. Rubidium was mightily impressive (exploding on contact), as was caesium (smashing the large trough the water was in), but frankly, Francium is asking for it.

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Jan 30 2005, 12:38 AM
Post #25

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Member No.: 71

QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Jan 29 2005, 02:34 PM)
Make sure to tie your hair back.

Right. Now I'd expect that from someone with a cornucopia of hair like you. I've managed to set my hair alight doing fire poi. And my shirt.

Anyway, fire poi is for big girl's blouses. Firebreathing into the wind is where it's at. You didn't need those eyebrows anyway.

Or those corneas.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 06:40 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!