Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Auditioning For A Band, ::gulp::
Cruentus
post Feb 4 2005, 03:30 AM
Post #1

Worrying

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,621

It seems like it's been forever since I've done this, but it's really only been a year or so. I have something of a double-audition... I want to play in a flute choir, but to play in the flute choir I'll have to be in some form of other band program first for a while, and then audition to get into the choir. x2 chance of failing, so I'm kind of bugged out... Especially if I get into the band and not the choir, and I'm obligated to stay in that band until school ends. Just thought I'd inform, heh.

--------------------
And then we all died. I hope you're happy, Annie.
[][][][][]VIVALAREVOLUTION
Mata's name was once Timothy. user posted image
[][][][]BOXESNOTFOXES
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tptcow
post Feb 4 2005, 05:02 AM
Post #2

Savior on the Blood Church St. Petersburg, Russia

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 978

Don't feel bugged out, I auditioned for symphonic band last semester and it was my first time auditioning for something in two or three years. Just practice as well as you can and you should be fine. Good luck.

--------------------
Western Kentucky University
Facebook
Xanga
Formerly: Trumpetperson

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Feb 4 2005, 01:15 PM
Post #3

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

Just have faith that things will work out. You have to know what you need to do and be sure that you are prepared for your auditions. If you know that you are going into this with a smile on your face and ready to give your best then that's all that you can do.

As for not making it? There are things that could be worse. I got kicked out of my select choir at school because I was told I had to choose "between my life and chorale." Apparantly I had made my choice --- but if that hadn't happened then I wouldn't have sang with Josh Groban two weeks ago.

*hugs* you'll do fine and things will work out one way or another. They always do. Just have faith.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
otherside
post Feb 5 2005, 01:25 PM
Post #4

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,628

i once auditioned for a beatles cover band called "where's ringo" that had a drum machine instead of a real drummer. i was so put off by the stupid machine that i totally screwed up the audition and needless to say did not get a call back happy.gif

--------------------
we need to irrigate the wound

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Feb 6 2005, 04:25 PM
Post #5

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

Ooo! Good luck! Just keep a cool head about everything and I'm sure you'll do fine. But if you get into the band and not the flute choir then don't worry, I mean, can being a band for the rest of school all that bad? Well, loads of good luck!!

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Feb 6 2005, 04:34 PM
Post #6

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

You can do it! Much luck! laugh.gif

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 10:57 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!