IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> T.a.f.e So Far
depressed lonely...
post Feb 9 2005, 07:49 AM
Post #1

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,469

I've had textiles on monday skulpture on tuesday and figure drawing today, tomorrow is painting.
so far i have 1 artistic teacher who went on about her mantels of aboriginal love for your country
1 totally sensible teacher
and todays who kept on shoving his hand in peoples faces and yelling "what do see here"
other than that i have a boy in my class who's said many times that he gets freaked out by people getting behind him ( the result of this was revealed today when someone was behind his chair and he realised he skweaked<sp, came back into the room with a handfull of his hair and then banged around getting his desk behind everyone. Oh and he gets really "PISSED OFF" when people let melted chesse go cold unsure.gif

but I'm having fun and I like my drawing teacher cos he doesn't seem the sort to indulge people which gets to me. And i consider it a good thing that i been going for 3 full days without yelling at anyone or getting into a fight ooorrrr getting expelled or suspended biggrin.gif

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Feb 9 2005, 09:44 AM
Post #2

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

Champion biggrin.gif
Keep it up you! And make sure you eat your cheese on toast whilst hot, obviously blink.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Feb 10 2005, 12:02 PM
Post #3

today i had acrylic painting. Our first order of buissiness was to sketch with chalk and charcoal the four basic shapes (cone,cube,sphere,cylinder) I though i was doing really well till my teacher said that I was useing charcoal very expressivly though not nessesarilly very realisticly blink.gif but i got to share my love of placebo with a classmate which is good. Spread the love.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Feb 10 2005, 12:14 PM
Post #4

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

I can't see that you useing the charcoal in an expressive rather than realistic way being bad thing when drawing that's just happens to be your artistic style.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Feb 10 2005, 01:00 PM
Post #5

I though I was being realistic though and doing better than in drawing class when i had to sit in front of a crappy drawing for 4 hour feeling like more of an incompetant spaz as each minute passed.
This did get me thinking though that maybe i had moments of seeing diferently like in the John Wyndam book "chocky" how Chocky helps the boy to draw but has a totally different perception of what it's seeing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Feb 10 2005, 05:18 PM
Post #6

I've been brainwashed

Only you can interprit what you see so I think that teacher critising you wasn't necassrily right in doing so. Fair enough if what your doing is surposed to be a realitic interpration of what you were seeing but at the time for you it was cause we do all see things in a differnt way. I know I do.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Feb 11 2005, 03:35 AM
Post #7

ha a week I lasted a full week and I'm not expelled my teacher for graphics rules she has one of those computer chairs with weels and she pushes herself around on it and when i asked for some help she put her feet up pushed off her desk skimmed over to me smiled like a mental patient and said "you called" biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Feb 11 2005, 04:07 AM
Post #8

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

Two things to remember:

1. Those who can't, teach. All that artsy language is just a cover for the fact that some of the students in class have more talent than the teacher... who couldn't make it in the 'real world', and had to teach...

2. It's not as important, in art, to produce expected results, as to justify what you have done... Learn the language, never admit to mistakes, and come up with reasons for every brush stroke - that's how success is defined in art classes... laugh.gif

Have fun!

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Feb 11 2005, 01:40 PM
Post #9

I've been brainwashed

Sorry Quoth I wont except the comment of 'those who cant teach' I know a few to many teachers my mother being one of them. I will admit in some cases yes that happens but as an over all statement no, and the rest of the first comment that can also happen.
The second comment I agree with you completely. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Feb 12 2005, 04:10 AM
Post #10

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

okay, Mea Culpa. I made a generalisation, and got caught. I'm sorry. Chalk it up to natural cynicism...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Feb 12 2005, 09:31 AM
Post #11

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 535

Hey!!!

Me teacher!!!
Anyway I think the saying goes "Those who can teach. Those who can't teach teachers!!!" At least that's how it goes in teaching circles!!!

Anyway, good luck with TAFE hunny. Education may not get you all the way there but it certainly unlocks a lot of doors!

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Feb 17 2005, 02:17 AM
Post #12

mad.gif I Hate my painting teacher! mad.gif
Today she made me paint negative space which essentially f**ked up the good work I'd done on my actual objects. She then proceded to tell me in front of the whole class that i was being unrealistic again and why had i done that after she set me a task that everyone else cando why did i paint this unrealstic blur mad.gif

It was just fine before YOU went and interfeared and told me what to do and my objects were/are good you just can't see them because of the monstorisity that is my back ground and forground mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Feb 17 2005, 03:54 PM
Post #13

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

Hmm. Sounds like they want to stick very much to guidelines on these 'ere paintings. Have you tried going to have a quiet word and explaining that you feel a bit stifled creatively, as that's how it sounds from here. Hang in there though, anything creative with teachers has it's major ups and downs!

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Mar 4 2005, 07:09 AM
Post #14

I got to draw people in under 2 minutes today then spend the rest of the day photo copying and then cutting and sticking.
people did some great pics of me though blink.gif makes me feel bad for drawing them sooooo badly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Novander
post Mar 4 2005, 01:43 PM
Post #15

Take apart your head

Member No.: 1,599

ha, I remember doing that. In two minutes, the people I was trying to draw ended up looking like Dilbert characters. Really badly drawn dilbert characters.

I'm sure your people came out a lot better than mine.

--------------------
IPB Image
I exist on Last.fm, LiveJournal and Facebook. And occasionally in Real Life.

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Mar 6 2005, 01:51 PM
Post #16

I've been brainwashed

QUOTE (depressed lonely crazy person @ Mar 4 2005, 08:09 AM)
I got to draw people in under 2 minutes today then spend the rest of the day photo copying and then cutting and sticking.
people did some great pics of me though blink.gif  makes me feel bad for drawing them sooooo badly.

Were always more critical of our own stuff there's probably people in your class who were thinking 'Damn threre works so much better than mine' about your work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Mar 31 2005, 01:07 PM
Post #17

I spent all of wednesdays drawing class at the blue hole(national park along a river) and I stayed 3 hours over time and am planning on going out tomorrow as an extra credit thing. so in that time I climbed rocks and bush walked and did a drawing of water that I'm really happy with but wich my painting teacher thought was........unrealistic tongue.gif then I walked up down and around for another few hours and did a half dozen sketches that I'm happy with.
And next week I hate a sculpture excursion to discuss sculpture in our town then on wednesday and thursday we're going out to the blue hole again biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 03:55 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!