Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Concert..., That had to happen.
Righteous
post Feb 23 2005, 03:54 PM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

This is one of the coolest series of events to take place in one night. When I was in Orlando, my friend Brooks told me that they were going to see Illogical, a band that Brooks knew personally. On our way there, my friend Amber called me and told me about this band called <Philler playing in Orlando. I told her we were already going to a show but thanked her anyway. Inside the club, the first band came out talking about how much they love Orlando and how they played in Jacksonville the night before. Cool, I though. Then they finally introduced themselves as <Philler. After the set, I ran out into the lobby and called Amber and told her about it. "Tell Mel (the bassist) that Amber from Jacksonville says hi." I do so and she asked to talk to Amber and they talked for like five minutes. Amber told me she had to go and Mel then explains to me that when in Jax, Amber met all of them but before they went on, she got dragged out by her mom. I got a promo from one of their roadies and went to all of the <Philler members getting their autographs, explaining whom it was for and getting a reply similar to, "Oh, yeah. That sucked. Amber was cool," from each. I sent it to Amber. SHe'll be stoked when she gets it. biggrin.gif

Same night, while Illogical played, I heard, "This goes out to Brooks and his girlfriend." I thought it was kinda sweet, but after their set while I'm in the lobby, Brooks's girlfriend runs out of the concert hall like she had just smoked rock. I looked at her hand and she had this big ass rock on her ring finger (my first thought was, "How the hell could Brooks afford that?"). After the vocalist said that, Brooks pulled out the ring and popped the question. Sweet!

Later, we went to the Illogical after-party where they filmed part of a music video (a mosh pit in a narrow hall). When it comes online, I'll post it. Just look for a fat guy in a haggard black jacket and foot-long spiked hair.

Hee hee. Righteous = stoked!

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Feb 23 2005, 04:11 PM
Post #2

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

Oh wow...that is a pretty interesting story! Interesting how things work out...

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
trunks_girl26
post Feb 25 2005, 02:00 AM
Post #3

o_O

Member No.: 1,229

That's awesome! I'll definately check it out when you post it, too.

--------------------
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return -Moulin Rouge
"Religion is a finger pointing ot the moon, but some people confuse the finger with the moon."
Truth is subjectivity - Kierkegaard
"I don't know anything; I never knew anything, but now I know I don't know"
"The important thing isn't to know Jesus, Mohamed or Buddah, but to know what they know"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 06:30 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!