IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Wrote This Today After Looking At Some Of My Pic
Guest_SOSaD_*
post Mar 2 2005, 01:52 AM
Post #1

Guests

Sanity is a given...insanity is a gift. As our brains knock on the prevervial door of the soul asylum, the patients whisper, i am mortal, take me whole.

Reminds me of this pic....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Mar 4 2005, 04:31 AM
Post #2

Meow!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,296

Interesting picture, and the start of an interesting poem. Added points for creative spelling... (I think you meant 'Proverbial', if such a word exists... wink.gif )... But why would someone break into a locker room?

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Guest_SOSaD_*
post Mar 5 2005, 09:14 PM
Post #3

Guests

No, its a shower room in an abandoned mental institute in manteno. And the spelling is meant to refelect insanity.

+Quote Post
trunks_girl26
post Mar 6 2005, 01:14 AM
Post #4

o_O

Member No.: 1,229

That just makes it creepy......*shivers*

They just have abandoned mental health places scattered about?

--------------------
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return -Moulin Rouge
"Religion is a finger pointing ot the moon, but some people confuse the finger with the moon."
Truth is subjectivity - Kierkegaard
"I don't know anything; I never knew anything, but now I know I don't know"
"The important thing isn't to know Jesus, Mohamed or Buddah, but to know what they know"

+Quote Post
Guest_SOSaD_*
post Mar 6 2005, 01:48 AM
Post #5

Guests

Yes, there are many abandoned asylums around, in places right near you that you dont know about!! You just havbe to keep a sharp eye and do some internet research and your there!

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Mar 6 2005, 06:24 AM
Post #6

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

QUOTE (SOSaD @ Mar 5 2005, 04:14 PM)
No, its a shower room in an abandoned mental institute in manteno. And the spelling is meant to refelect insanity.

Brrrrr. I knew there was something really unsettling about the photos you've been posting... I mean, a room with Four bathtubs? There's something really creepy about the lack of privacy that that implies...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Mar 6 2005, 03:49 PM
Post #7

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (SOSaD @ Mar 5 2005, 10:38 PM)
And this one...i dont even know..i took the picture..and didnt stay around to get close enough to examine it....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/SOS...eFisherBody.jpg

That looks like the waterfoutain/wash basin that we used to have in junior high, at least at my school. I think they put them in at our school because they thought we'd be less likely to do anything bad with them vs sinks.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Guest_SOSaD_*
post Mar 6 2005, 08:04 PM
Post #8

Guests

Did your school happen to be Fisher State Hospital? smile.gif

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Mar 6 2005, 08:06 PM
Post #9

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

No and I'm not going to say what school it was. lol

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Guest_SOSaD_*
post Mar 6 2005, 10:43 PM
Post #10

Guests

AAAWWWW!!!!!!! Damn it..id like to see one of those babies in action.

+Quote Post
ravein
post Mar 7 2005, 04:19 AM
Post #11

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

wow those are really good. I love the frame work and shadows in the round window(?) pic. Also catching the reflection in the water tower pic was a nice touch. I take it you enjoy exploring? I get to creeped out in places like that.

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Guest_SOSaD_*
post Mar 7 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #12

Guests

Well, many people think it is "creepy" and then once they go, the beauty over-powers the fear and the experience is sureal. Yes I am very into exploring caves, tunnels, and buildings.

+Quote Post
ravein
post Mar 8 2005, 05:29 AM
Post #13

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

QUOTE (SOSaD @ Mar 7 2005, 05:41 PM)
Well, many people think it is "creepy" and then once they go, the beauty over-powers the fear and the experience is sureal. Yes I am very into exploring caves, tunnels, and buildings.

I have terrible claustrophobia so I have problems with tunnels and caves. Which sucks cause they do offer some amazing shots.
However I do enjoy old buildings but some with sorted histories can be too much for me. I am a bit sensitive to negative energy and so places like that can affect me in nasty ways. However some are well worth it! Either way I like your work there.

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Guest_SOSaD_*
post Mar 13 2005, 06:44 AM
Post #14

Guests

The pics were deleted as one i found out was in my photobucket account but was not mine!! Therefore i think I should cite my source for the picture and it is patback87.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Mar 13 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #15

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

SOSad, could you just link to images in the future or pages on which the images can be seen please? Having lots of images on a page causes it to slow down a lot for people on dial-up connections, and it also eats through your own badwidth when people revisit the thread to see if there are new posts.

Also, photographers are generally happy if you link to pages with their images on, so that way you can show us other people's pics without getting into problems with their owners. You share cool pics, we get to see them, the owner gets credit without you needing to explain anything: everyone's happy!

Oh, and welcome to my forums smile.gif

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
patback87
post Mar 14 2005, 11:29 PM
Post #16

Obsessive

Member No.: 1,680

I'm glad you all enjoy my pictures, I'm in the process of reuploading all my pictures, 90% have been watermarked, all of my Manteno ones have been so they will be the first up. I want to clear something, I was not mad that he posted them, but he posted them with out my permission and he didn't give credit where credit was due.

--------------------
user posted image
The Blender Radio
"'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood?" -Ralph Waldo Emerson "Self-Reliance"
"It's cozy if your Hanibal Lector." - Ace Ventura

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 09:15 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!