IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hey Mata, just wondering
depressed lonely...
post Apr 3 2005, 10:12 AM
Post #1

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,469

As I was looking around the site I stumbled upon your VFMP archive and noticed that in those pics you look significantly smaller around the waist than you do in your family album pic..........
so have you filled out, gained weight or is that pic just at a weird angle???

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Apr 3 2005, 10:56 AM
Post #2

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

ohmy.gif! Mata does not gain weight! He has drunk from the fountain of eternal youth and will remain forever beautiful!

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Apr 3 2005, 08:28 PM
Post #3

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I can't help but think, DLCP, that you've just done the equivalent of shouting across a crowded pub 'HEY! CHUBBY! PUT THE PIE DOWN'. blink.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Apr 3 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #4

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Apr 3 2005, 09:28 PM)
'HEY!  CHUBBY!  PUT THE PIE DOWN'.

F*cking arf! laugh.gif

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Apr 3 2005, 08:38 PM
Post #5

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

For future reference, DCLP, I'd try to be a little bit less curious if I were you, and if you simply can't contain yourself, maybe you should PM him instead of pointing such a thing out publicly...

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 3 2005, 11:50 PM
Post #6

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

biggrin.gif

I'm laughing lots, so this is a bit tricky to type...

Back on those days I was on what I refer to as the 'Special K and Guiness diet'. I was in the last year of my degree, pretty depressed, and working hard on my dissertation. Essentially what the 'diet' involved was me getting up in the morning, having a bowl of Special K for breakfast, sitting down to study, not notice that I've been working for about twleve hours solidly when a friend knocked on my door and asked me out for last orders. I'd go out for a pint of Guiness, go back to bed, and then repeat the next day. I was rather unhealthily thin!

These days I'm technically at the lower end of what is healthy for my height (according to the body/mass index anyway), although I freely admit that a stone could usefully be turned into muscle.

It gets a lot harder to stay slim as you get older. I've also got a little bit of genetics working against me: in terms of build, I take after the men on my mother's side of the family who have always been quite stout!

I'd also suggest that having a partner doesn't do much for your waistline. I like to cook us nice meals, so naturally end up cooking more indulgent dishes than I would for myself... Although I have allegedly spoilt her diet too! As with most things in my life, when I have more time I intend on getting more exercise to get back into the shape I prefer rather than the one that is just functional, but that's on hold until after my PhD is out of the way. Going to the gym just takes up too many hours for it to be practical with everything else I'm doing at the moment.

So that's your answer, however, I think it's a fair point to mention that it's just as well that I have a sense of humour about these things. Weight is an issue that is possibily even more likely to piss people off than religion or politics, so I would strongly suggest that you don't try this kind of thread with anyone else.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Apr 4 2005, 01:47 AM
Post #7

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Member No.: 1,469

Sorry if I offended you:blush:
It's just that I've been curious about mens waist size and general shape sence Markslut started his tread on corsetry.
At the time I was feeling rather shocked about his waist being 34in(i think) given how mine looks if it gets to 28.5.
I don't think you look fat or flabby just evenly bigger
Oh and it's a bit to do with pics of my grandfather. looking at him as a 24 year old he was all out weedy but by 30 had filled out.

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 4 2005, 01:02 PM
Post #8

Most guys have waistlines in the region of 34" or more, at least they certainly do by the time they are nearing 30! Ten years ago my waistline was 28", but back then I was at least four inches shorter. I'm somewhere around 32-34" these days, but I am 6'2" tall, so that's roughly in proportion. Ideally I'd only want to get down to about 30-32", any smaller than that and I would look rather odd I think!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Apr 4 2005, 01:08 PM
Post #9

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Perhaps we can put a bit of a spin on this thread, taking into account DCLP didn't mean to cause offense.

It brings up the issue on how it is much more acceptable for men to put on weight as they get older then it is for women. In fact, the aging process is much kinder to men on the whole. I'm 25, not that old, but because I have had a child and my lifestyle isn't great I have a pig of a time trying to keep my body in shape. And wrinkles scare the crap out of me.

I don't think men worry as much (although, they tend to have the same concerns as women) about it.

Of course, this is a personal bone of contention of mine and I may just be looking for an excuse to have a moan. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Apr 4 2005, 02:01 PM
Post #10

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Member No.: 71

QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Apr 4 2005, 01:08 PM)
Perhaps we can put a bit of a spin on this thread, taking into account DCLP didn't mean to cause offense. 

It brings up the issue on how it is much more acceptable for men to put on weight as they get older then it is for women.  In fact, the aging process is much kinder to men on the whole.  I'm 25, not that old, but because I have had a child and my lifestyle isn't great I have a pig of a time trying to keep my body in shape.  And wrinkles scare the crap out of me.

I don't think men worry as much (although, they tend to have the same concerns as women) about it. 

Of course, this is a personal bone of contention of mine and I may just be looking for an excuse to have a moan.  biggrin.gif

Indeed. This is why Sean Connery was still a sex symbol well into his 60s. Not many women that were (none that I can think of right now).

On the topic of waistlines, as a rule of thumb, a 32" waistline would be a trim measurement for a small-to-medium build, medium height bloke. Any less is slim.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 4 2005, 02:46 PM
Post #11

Patrick Stewart is quite a stud muffin too.

I don't know how old Lena Olin is, not in her sixties I'm sure, but she is definitely a sexy older woman, then again I suspect that she has has the time to do a huge amount of yoga.

I think that there are differing standards for men and women, but they are evening out. The very fact that a man's physical appearence is even much of a topic for discussion these days shows that society has changed significantly in the last 50 years.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Apr 4 2005, 09:09 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 4 2005, 03:46 PM)
Patrick Stewart is quite a stud muffin too.

He's mine! You can't have him!

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Apr 4 2005, 09:46 PM
Post #13

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

Back off Little Bear! I claim Patrick Stewart in the name of all that is good and minty!

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Apr 4 2005, 09:54 PM
Post #14

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Er, excuse me Polo but no, Pattycakes is mine *licks full lenght cut out*

Have you seen this face? It's scary, no? Just imagine me in a fight *nods*.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Apr 5 2005, 11:41 AM
Post #15

*hugs Patty close*

Patty is devoted to me and me only! Tell em Patty! Tell em!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 04:11 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!