IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
> I need a mate, im looking for a friend(or friends)
Tom
post Jun 5 2005, 03:39 PM
Post #1

Dont Worry, I Dont Know Where I Am Either!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,800

At first i thought it was going to be ok but now im knot to sure unsure.gif I think people dont like me :(most people have lots of mates but i dont sad.gif I would like a friend to talk to,to tell them my problems and stuff like that unsure.gif I think people think of me like some mud on the floor,and they just walk all over me sad.gif Please help me get a mate.

To mata:Your my only friend smile.gif sad.gif

--------------------
Dont Try And Save Me Im Alrealdy Dead
Tis My Forum Please Join It Would Meen Loads
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mata
post Jun 5 2005, 04:37 PM
Post #2

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

LT, your style of writing fits with your age. I don't mean that to sound patronising, it's just true. The people on this site are generally in their teens at least. I'm 28, nearly three times your age (which makes me feel rather old!), so people are accustomed a style of writing that you learn as you get older.

Generally I suggest that my animations aren't really suitable for people before their teens because I think that most people aren't really mature enough to distinguish satire from seriousness. If you are one of the people that are in a position to enjoy this site at your age then that's fine, but I would ask that you exercise some caution with the threads that you choose to read because some of them are about subjects that it's probably best that you learn about in your own time rather than stumbling onto them. I don't want to censor anyone, including you, but there are changes in many aspects of your life that you go through in the next few years that change the way that you write and think about things.

Forums such as this are, by their nature, reliant on written communication, and a person's style of writing is taken to reflect their style of thinking. Your style is that of a young person, but the average age on these forums is probably around 18-22 (although the age range stretches from around 13 to the 60s). There is no information for your date of birth in your profile, so people will naturally assume that you are around the average age, making your writing seem immature. This is going to cause problems because if people think you are immature then they will be less likely to take the time to relate to you.

Can I ask something, do your parents check up on your internet activity? I would feel more comfortable if they do. These forums could do you a lot of good, in that they will help you learn how to communicate comfortably using language that is more advanced than you will have been taught in school, but, as I said before, there are some subjects being discussed here that are not really suitable for someone of your age. I would prefer it if your parents could have a look around the forums and decide if they are comfortable with you being on here. If this seems unfair, then make a note of what I've said in a diary and have a look at it when you're my age and see what you think then. I have a duty in running this place to try my best to ensure that everyone is comfortable with the content, and without knowing you it would be easiest to be certain of this by getting one of your parents to give approval.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- little twit   I need a mate   Jun 5 2005, 03:39 PM
- - MrTeapot   First can I ask how old you are? Second I'd l...   Jun 5 2005, 03:47 PM
|- - little twit   QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Jun 5 2005, 03:47 PM)First ...   Jun 5 2005, 03:51 PM
|- - MrTeapot   QUOTE (little twit @ Jun 5 2005, 04:51 PM)10 ...   Jun 5 2005, 03:55 PM
|- - oscarhilton   QUOTE (little twit @ Jun 5 2005, 04:51 PM)10 ...   Jun 8 2005, 07:05 PM
- - little_bear   Hmmm, 10 years old eh? *strokes chin and eyes sus...   Jun 5 2005, 03:58 PM
- - MrTeapot   And to be watching Mature Animations. Well the age...   Jun 5 2005, 04:00 PM
- - HoldenCaulfield   Dont worry. Be friendly. Be funny. If all else fai...   Jun 5 2005, 04:34 PM
- - Oblivion   Well im 10 but i live in U.S.A.....   Jun 5 2005, 04:35 PM
|- - little twit   QUOTE (Oblivion @ Jun 5 2005, 04:35 PM)Well i...   Jun 6 2005, 07:13 AM
- - Mata   LT, your style of writing fits with your age. I do...   Jun 5 2005, 04:37 PM
- - Quoth(The Raven)   It is the easiest thing in the world to be down on...   Jun 6 2005, 03:17 AM
- - boxofdoom   heya what's up? i have never visited USA at...   Jun 6 2005, 07:33 AM
- - voices_in_my_head   It's amazing: you all want to go to america, a...   Jun 6 2005, 07:18 PM
|- - boxofdoom   hey it's good to dream and travel! all m...   Jun 7 2005, 11:08 AM
|- - MrTeapot   QUOTE (boxofdoom @ Jun 7 2005, 12:08 PM)and s...   Jun 7 2005, 11:48 AM
- - Mata   No, it's next to Wales, which everyone knows i...   Jun 7 2005, 03:29 PM
|- - little_bear   QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 7 2005, 04:29 PM)No, it...   Jun 7 2005, 04:19 PM
- - Oblivion   Well i dont like usa because of our prez!...   Jun 8 2005, 03:16 PM
- - EvilSpoon   I wouldn't mind Northern Ireland, so it sounds...   Jun 8 2005, 04:12 PM
- - PsychWardMike   *sigh* Oblivion, don't hop on some godforsaken...   Jun 9 2005, 12:41 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 01:37 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!