Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alice
patback87
post Jun 7 2005, 08:45 AM
Post #1

Obsessive

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,680

I guess you could call this a poem I dunno I wrote it about a lady named Gennie Pilarski she was commited to Manteno State Hospital in the 40's because of a diagreement with her parents. The only reason most people know about her is because of 1. the "Gennie Room" (Which I just realized I don't have a good digital picture of. 2. Patrick T Murphy who wrote the article about her, which is what is written all over the walls it is the article.

Alice was neat clean and tidy until she was swallowed by the big machine that was mental health
Alice never had any problems, but her family did and she suffered instead
Alice wasn’t so neat and clean after the doctors were done
Alice became anti-social after her treatments
Alice became a fool after her brain was “fixed”
Alice is always forgotten because her real name is not Alice, but no one really cares what her name was
Alice is gone now and so is her history, no family visits her state issued grave site as the moss grows on it
Alice’s old home is being demolished and getting a fresh coat of paint, new windows, and a few new walls.
Alice’s fate was sad, but it can be prevented from happing again by remembering Alice as she was before a smart college student that in her words “Should never get involved in family entanglement.”

--------------------
user posted image
The Blender Radio
"'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood?" -Ralph Waldo Emerson "Self-Reliance"
"It's cozy if your Hanibal Lector." - Ace Ventura
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hell's Vampyre
post Oct 25 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #2

Vice-Admiral Guppy

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,873

Hi I was wondering if you still have the photo of Gennie's room and if you could provide the link to the article that was mentioned?

--------------------
Hell's Vampyre
Dread Lord of the Wastelands
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 04:44 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!