Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A little composition, Something small for school
I_am_the_best
post Jun 30 2005, 07:34 PM
Post #1

Dirty Laundry

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,573

In school we had to write concertos in A Minor in groups. I hate having to compose in groups so I did it myself. Everyone had to use instruments in the group so I was stuck with two pianos, two violins and one clarinet. Having only a week and a half to write it, it's very small, only a couple of minutes long and is still missing the 3rd movement. I was still reasonably pleased with it so I just wanted to know what people here thought of it.

You can find the two movements here.

(N.B. I made this version on the computer and the synthesized sounds sound a little bit funny.)

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pab
post Jul 1 2005, 03:33 PM
Post #2

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

Well, I like. First I thought "Tango!", then for a second I thought "Tetris!" but then I stopped thinking and listened more, both movements, and although it might not go down in history as your Magnum Opus, I like, and am impressed. I'd be interested in hearing 3rd movement, especially mounted into the same file so I dont have to suffer buffer issues and a cak internet supplier.

With all due respect, it would sound great as a theme to an antihero/suspense style funny cartoon character, of the caped-walks-in-the-shadows variety ...

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 1 2005, 11:41 PM
Post #3

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

It certainly does have the feel of a score to a 1920's black and white film. I can just imagine Nosferatu gliding up the stairs to the first movement. I think I prefer the first to the second, but that might be due to the length: the first one gives you more time to get into it.

Both are very good, and I hope you get a decent grade for them!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Nov 9 2005, 08:11 PM
Post #4

Dirty Laundry

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,573

The hard drive of my old computer went a couple of months ago, with it, all my compositions. I now need this one and the only memory I have left of it is what is on the website. Oddly, when I tried to play it, it only plays the beginning. I was wondering, does this happen with everyone else? For example, on the first movement, did you reach the part where the top of the piano has a very fast 'running' section or does it stop after the original theme is introduced? And if you are able to get the whole piece, is there any chance of you sending it to me so that I can notate it again?

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 10:20 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!