IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I am actually physically sickened., And that takes a lot.
little_bear
post Jul 17 2005, 01:01 AM
Post #1

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

Was just browsing another forum (yes, shock!) and came across this link. It sickened me to my very core. No, it's not anything dodgy, worry not.

Here

I've commented on this on my blog, and as I said on there, I've just got three words for these people.

Rot, you f*ckers.

I'm sure many other people on here will share my revulsion. As tempting it is to launch into a big sweary rant about this, I'll refrain, and let more accomplished speakers take the veritable 'stage'.

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
believe
post Jul 17 2005, 01:13 AM
Post #2

the token conservative

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,594

These people always make me want to cry. I want to send them back to school to learn to read and then offer them a copy of the Bible.

--------------------
Mr.Teapot is my e-daddy, Jaq is my e-sister and Vic is my e-husband! syuu is our e-daughter.

Pit Bulls & BSL Urban Legends Fight BSL

We must always fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
- The Boondock Saints

Ange is the devil on my shoulder.

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Jul 17 2005, 01:40 AM
Post #3

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

They are part of a small sect. From what I've read, under one hundred of these deluded and evil bastages. They seclude themselves in a compound and treat outsiders with open hostility. They seem to get off on blaming every natural disaster and terrorist attack on homosexuals.

When the asian tsunami happenned they said it was God's way of showing his hatred for Sweden. You know, because God apparently sucks at geography. It was the only way he could harm them for locking up a clergyman who was preaching hatred towards homosexuals (allegedly). That's right. God, in his infinite power and wisdom, decimated countless thousands of lives around the Indian ocean just so he could get to a handful of Swedish tourists. I'll leave you to ponder that a minute...

Oh, and 11/9 was God showing his hatred for Americans because of their sordid lifestyle. Happily ignoring the fact that they themselves are Americans... ho hum.

They went so far as to create monuments celebrating these tragadies. To their credit, no sane official would let them erect it anywhere except on their own property.

If I remember correctly, their leader was actually found out to be a violent wife-beating child-abuser. But of course such things are apparently fine in Gods' eyes.

There are some truly twisted and sick people out there.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jul 17 2005, 09:55 AM
Post #4

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Honestly, I can't take Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church seriously anymore. All I can think of when I read this site is that I want to make a horror movie called England: Island of the Sodomite Damned.

Edit: also, they're not up to speed on UK law. It's not illegal here to be publicly homophobic (preach God's truth about fags, &c).

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Jul 17 2005, 12:41 PM
Post #5

Perfection Personified

That's the one, Fred Phelps.

Enjoyed beating his own children until they fell unconcious through the pain. Wouldn't let them go to hospital even though he caused them disfiguring injuries, and now in later life they have cronic pain. And that is just the barest surface of his crimes, all carried out in Gods' name.

http://www.godhateshomophobes.com/homphelps.html

It is truly bizzare that he is still walking around free.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 17 2005, 12:44 PM
Post #6

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

All I can think of when I read this site is that I want to make a horror movie called England: Island of the Sodomite Damned.

Heh. Yeah, I thought "Is this real?" And I suppose the sad thing is that it is... these people make truly religious people want to cry (as above) and seem to be filled with nothing but hate. It wasn't "Love your neighbor unless he's gay", people.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
believe
post Jul 17 2005, 05:13 PM
Post #7

the token conservative

Member No.: 1,594

heh. I still remember the pictures from Matthew Sheperd's funeral. Not sure how much of that if any you heard about in the UK. Anyway, they were at his funeral, in front of his parents and waving such loving signs as portrayed in the picture. I never cry, but I was nearly bawling. I couldn't imagine how anyone could be that sadistic to his grieving parents and just generally cruel. After that, the fact that they could use the bombings for a cheap publicity stunt isn't that surprising.

Commie, that did make me smile though. Its so rightfully absurb, considering their out of touch with 'reality' rhetoric.

--------------------
Mr.Teapot is my e-daddy, Jaq is my e-sister and Vic is my e-husband! syuu is our e-daughter.

Pit Bulls & BSL Urban Legends Fight BSL

We must always fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
- The Boondock Saints

Ange is the devil on my shoulder.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Jul 17 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #8

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

The way you describe the man, it brings to mind the mother character in the book/ film Carrie.

No offence to religions but believeing in something so strongly can really screw you up.

Big time.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 17 2005, 11:58 PM
Post #9

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

Westboro Baptist Church is made up of Fred Phelps and his decent-sized extended family. There aren't many other members. I wouldn't bother getting too riled up about them, extolling violence and death as good things for anyone who might be distantly related to gay issues/rights is pretty standard stuff.

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Jul 18 2005, 12:06 AM
Post #10

Perfection Personified

Though looking on the bright side, they could be doing far worse. Like firebombing left right and centre...

Yeah, doesn't fill me with hope either.

I would say they will all eventually die out and scatter, but they indoctrinate their kids pretty well. Only a couple have managed to escape and live more normal lives.

I'm not a fan of judging people, but in this case what exactly is the alternative?

Oh, I'm such a shining becon and happiness and fluffyness! wub.gif

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 07:36 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!