Reply to this topicStart new topic
> London, making contact with the natives
Jaq
post Jul 25 2005, 09:21 AM
Post #1

Took this grammar!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 165

K... This is probably about as last minute as I can get. Tommorow (Tuesday the 26th) I'll be getting into London Waterloo around 5pm. after I drop things off at Froggeh's house, does anyone want to get together either on the 26th or the 27th or 28th? This is your chance to show a bewildered Canadian around the big city, get something to drink and laugh at my accent.

Yes. I know. This is very very very last minute... I should have done this back in Korea. Whoops dry.gif

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jul 25 2005, 10:35 AM
Post #2

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

I'm busy on the 27th, and likely the 28th - I also have absolutely no money right now, so it might be better for me to meet up with you when you come back to London in August? You're doing that, right?

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Jul 25 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #3

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

Oh blimey, we need more people to talk about this before we can decide, still unemployed so no money, but...well I'm sure we can work something out!

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Jul 25 2005, 06:36 PM
Post #4

Took this grammar!

Oh! I'm also going to be in on the 29th, but I'm leaving at 11:30 at night for Glasgow on the 29th.

Once more with feeling: Should have done this sooner.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jul 25 2005, 06:49 PM
Post #5

Jaq, are you coming back to London for a couple of days in August, or have I got that wrong?

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Jul 25 2005, 06:54 PM
Post #6

Took this grammar!

Nope, you're right. I'll be getting back to london on the evening of the 2nd, then leaving for good and getting the h-e- double hockey sticks out of Europe on the 5th.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jul 25 2005, 08:25 PM
Post #7

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

That being the case - would it be worth finalising a date for the London Mini Meet in the pipework?

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jul 25 2005, 09:26 PM
Post #8

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

On Tuesday night, tomorrow (eap!) I~ll be going to the Funk Club I <3 near Tottenham Court Road. It~s free entry, live and un reaheasrded music. If anyone is up for it?

Jaq, if you read this before you get to London, I might be able to meet you before my mum does, as I land about 2pm, so you can call me on my mobile from then.

OMG I SHALL SEE A RL JAQ IN LIKE OMGFHBBQ LESS THAN 24 HOURS! *does headless chicken dance, but hardcore*

This post has been edited by funked)out_frog: Jul 25 2005, 09:28 PM

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Jul 26 2005, 07:46 AM
Post #9

Took this grammar!

QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Jul 25 2005, 10:26 PM)
On Tuesday night, tomorrow (eap!) I~ll be going to the Funk Club I <3 near Tottenham Court Road.  It~s free entry, live and un reaheasrded music.  If anyone is up for it?

Jaq, if you read this before you get to London,  I might be able to meet you before my mum does, as I land about 2pm, so you can call me on my mobile from then.

OMG I SHALL SEE A RL JAQ IN LIKE OMGFHBBQ LESS THAN 24 HOURS! *does headless chicken dance, but hardcore*

Sure, that sounds good to me! Could you possibly, maybe perchance meet me at Waterloo, please pretty please with sugar on top? (I'll survive if you don't and I can get to your house, I'd think)

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jul 26 2005, 08:48 AM
Post #10

It'd be peachy keen if we could meet up in August, then smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jul 26 2005, 03:43 PM
Post #11

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

I can meet you at Waterloo, I'm at my house now... Call me if you still want me to meet you, otherwise I will wait here, at home, sitting with my cat on my rocking chair, waiting for you.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Jul 26 2005, 09:14 PM
Post #12

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Member No.: 1,379

Thursday 28th I'm free, well pricey, but ya know what I mean, not doing anything. Where abouts are you gonna be? I'm fairly flexible but at work til 5/6 depending on how busy I get. I'll be coming from Battersea/Clapham so anywhere south/central is simple, nother a poss but harder to get to especially as I'm lazy & skint wink.gif

Let me know if you or anyone for that matter's about and I'll PM my mobile. Or PM yours to me and I'll give ya a buzz/text biggrin.gif

Also, those dates in August should be fine to. Again Thursday 4th would be easiest for me as I have my Radio show on Wednesday. 5th's my birthday- sucky day to leave wink.gif

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Jul 28 2005, 05:59 PM
Post #13

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

I'd be able to attend a start of August jobbie, as London's an easy journey for me.

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 04:06 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!