IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who has heard of a mooncup?, Warning! Potentially a girls only topic.
How many of you have heard of a mooncup?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 59
Guests cannot vote 
kisah
post Jul 27 2005, 02:34 PM
Post #1

Obsessive

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 337

I feel like I shouldn't have to warn anyone, but in the event that someone has issue with or just doesn't want to talk about menstration- stop reading now. =)

Okay, so I'm really sorry to do this to you guys but I'm totally pleased that I finally followed my friend's advice and invested in a menstrual cup. It works perfectly.

Did you know that feminine hygeine products are subject to a "Luxury Tax" in many countries (Including the UK)?

I want to spread the word just a little bit because I think it's an important choice that women might not know about.

It's not just for knit-your-own-tofu types either.

Mooncup Webpage

For USA version

--------------------
_colors and witty words and sirens with bells and lights that make my posts look unique like everyone elses!_
Sorry, the Retro Grouch stole my inspiration...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 27 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #2

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Another similar site smile.gif

http://www.divacup.com/

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jul 27 2005, 05:24 PM
Post #3

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I knew about the Luxury Tax - which sucks. I've always maintained that sanitary products should be free anyway seeing as it's not something that us girlies have a choice in. dry.gif

It's gotta be said though - I'm really not sure I like the idea of a Mooncup. Makes sense financially I suppose but I don't think I'd be terribly comfortable with it.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jul 27 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #4

Confused. Very Very Confused.

Member No.: 941

Yup, seen it and am thinking about getting one. Although, hopefully my IUD will stop me from menstruating. Got my fingers crossed!

--------------------
In your misery
You're not alone
So come share your tears with me
And witness it all go wrong

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Jul 27 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #5

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

I don't see how removal couldn't be messy. And I'm going to stop talking now because that's just too many images in my head.

Toilet paper also falls under the luxary tax. I swear, men make these lists.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
kisah
post Jul 27 2005, 07:37 PM
Post #6

Obsessive

Well, I've lived in England long enough to know it's not my place to inquire about someone else's discomfort about something but in my (very limited) experience, it's mess free.

I really truly am impressed. It's okay if I'm all alone though. tongue.gif

--------------------
_colors and witty words and sirens with bells and lights that make my posts look unique like everyone elses!_

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 27 2005, 08:10 PM
Post #7

I certainly think it'd be worth a try if I could get one... I'm sure it's a lot less messy than what I've been working with... @_@ Gonna be a weird thing to put on a wishlist for the holidays or my birthday though. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jul 27 2005, 08:31 PM
Post #8

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

These things always weird me out. However the DivaCup didnít look all that bad. However my cycle lasts about two days so I don't really worry about it. I was blessed with the best period in the world. Feel free to hate me now tongue.gif

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." ‚ÄĒSimone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jul 27 2005, 09:02 PM
Post #9

My direction

Member No.: 495

QUOTE (artist.unknown @ Jul 27 2005, 07:27 PM)
I don't see how removal couldn't be messy. And I'm going to stop talking now because that's just too many images in my head.

Toilet paper also falls under the luxary tax. I swear, men make these lists.

I agree with her. 100%.

Ick.

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jul 27 2005, 09:48 PM
Post #10

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I don't see how removal couldn't be messy.

I have this rather disgusting mental image of the little thing getting bigger and bigger as it fills like a condom full of water....

*ahem* And perhaps I should have just left that one alone. blink.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jul 27 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #11

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

*Starts ponding head on the desk* Thanks Snuggle for the image. blink.gif

Right mooncup and divacup I can deal with but The Keeper just sounds wrong in so many ways for some reason.
I'm kind of curious but what if you find your full up in a public loo what then it's not like it's something that pratical to put in you bag and deal with later? and why am I having these thoughts I dont want them! *resumes head pounding*

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 27 2005, 10:50 PM
Post #12

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

It answers that question in the mooncup FAQ section.

They suggest carrying a bottle of water with you at all times! Whoo!

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 27 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #13

Then just wear something else when you go out? *shrug*

--------------------

+Quote Post
kisah
post Jul 28 2005, 10:29 AM
Post #14

Obsessive

QUOTE (ravein @ Jul 27 2005, 08:31 PM)
These things always weird me out. However the DivaCup didnít look all that bad. However my cycle lasts about two days so I don't really worry about it. I was blessed with the best period in the world. Feel free to hate me now tongue.gif

*noted*

Grr

--------------------

+Quote Post
kisah
post Jul 28 2005, 10:33 AM
Post #15

Obsessive

QUOTE (Cath @ Jul 27 2005, 10:29 PM)
*Starts ponding head on the desk* Thanks Snuggle for the image.  blink.gif

Right mooncup and divacup I can deal with but The Keeper just sounds wrong in so many ways for some reason.
I'm kind of curious but what if you find your full up in a public loo what then it's not like it's something that pratical to put in you bag and deal with later? and why am I having these thoughts I dont want them! *resumes head pounding*

Indeed, blargh, images. I think there is fear of the unknown lingering.

You just take it out and dump the collections in the loo and you can wipe it out with loo roll or just put it back in as is until later when you can rinse it out. As long as your hands are clean it's not like it's going to have icky stuff on it. smile.gif

apart from the icky stuff it's collecting. blink.gif

But that's inside. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jul 28 2005, 02:47 PM
Post #16

My direction

Member No.: 495

For some reason, it also strikes me as kinda unhygienic. Maybe it's just the re-usage thing. What if you didn't wash it out properly or something? And what happens when the rubber perishes? And there are reasons why tampons and things need to be replaced regularly - TSS for a start.

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jul 28 2005, 03:26 PM
Post #17

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

It tells you about TSS on the page and your surposed to replace it after a few years.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jul 28 2005, 05:53 PM
Post #18

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

I too would be curious to try one out, but only in the comfort of my own home for the duration of the period, just because I'd be paranoid about it leaking because I dint insert it correctly. But let's face it, I'm sure the first times we all used pads or tampons it was a bit messy.

I guess it's just one of those things, if I ever get around to using it, then I do, but if I don't, then I don't.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Jul 28 2005, 06:48 PM
Post #19

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

I just _had_ to look didn't I? >_<

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jul 28 2005, 07:08 PM
Post #20

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Jul 28 2005, 02:48 PM)
I just _had_ to look didn't I? >_<

hahaha!!! You will survive... you maybe scarred though.

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." ‚ÄĒSimone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Jul 29 2005, 12:40 AM
Post #21

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

For some reason, it also strikes me as kinda unhygienic. Maybe it's just the re-usage thing. What if you didn't wash it out properly or something? And what happens when the rubber perishes? And there are reasons why tampons and things need to be replaced regularly - TSS for a start.

This doesn't strike me as something that would be very good for OCD types. I can just see myself in some public bathroom wiping it down over and over and over again. Eheh.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Jul 29 2005, 09:44 AM
Post #22

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I can see it being one of those things that you could carry around in case of emergencies and not have to worry about someone going through your bag finding it and causing much embarrasment because they would probably go "What the moo cow is this?" and you could say that it's a mould for making hats for garden gnomes or something equally believeable but non-embarrsingb... or you could tell them the truth and watch them scream!

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 29 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #23

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

Sounds interesting and I think I'll try one. The only thing I wonder about with it is if it is easy to tell when it is full?

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Jul 29 2005, 11:02 PM
Post #24

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

Why.
Did.
I.
LOOK!?!?!

ARGH! My mind has been pillaged!

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jul 30 2005, 03:18 AM
Post #25

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

Ask your brother for some of his mind bleach. I know Laz keeps plenty around. laugh.gif

/spam

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 09:05 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!