IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LGG continuity question, the Counsellor is unwise?
Jatopian
post Aug 7 2005, 07:24 PM
Post #1

Only posts when he's something to say.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,933

Having now seen all Little Goth Girl animations to date, I was wondering about the role of the Counsellor. In 'Encounter', he is revealed to be you-know-who, but I would think he would be wise, being who he is. However, I watched the first two episodes again and while Sarah's incarceration seems reasonable in the first film, in the second it seems not so, as she is not delusional. Although we never see Devils after the second one...
Also, why does he not acknowledge her father's identity? Surely he knows it...

Mata, is this all a plot to make us wary of divine intervention? ph34r.gif

Oh, what happened with the plan to take over the world with Fluffykin?

--------------------
The fansite quiz says I am Mr. Snaffleburger. The fansite quiz is easily manipulated.
"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate that your condition is not permanent. And you're lucky too; red eyes suit so few." -Cheshire Cat, American Mcgee's Alice
"Didn't anyone tell them that it's in the darkness that you see the stars?" -Sarah, "Little Goth Girl: Open Mike Night"
QUOTE(Witless @ Oct 3 2005, 02:16 AM)
My advice, stick to aliens.. they have appendages of all shapes and sizes! Something there for everyone!
[right][snapback]315520[/snapback][/right]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Aug 8 2005, 10:52 AM
Post #2

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

The dust bunnies are still evolving.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 8 2005, 11:02 AM
Post #3

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Devils turns up in the Ice Cream Man episode, and I think he's in another one too, although I can't remember it right now. You are also assuming that the counsellor can see Devils. Either the counsellor can't see Devils or chooses for some reason to ignore him.

Maybe the counsellor is trying to make her doubt that her father really is Satan. Let's face it, most people wouldn't believe it, and if he could make her doubt it then maybe that would help her to break away from his influence over her life.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Jatopian
post Aug 8 2005, 03:59 PM
Post #4

Oops. Well, maybe he cannot see him... though I do not see why the dog's supernatural properties should fool him.
It seems like her father could reassert his identity easily enough, with his power. It just seems like the Counsellor is not establishing much trust with Sarah.

But, I suppose I should not question the guy with the storyboard until we know for certain that you will not tie up the loose ends. You must know something that I do not.

Perhaps "Fluffykin" was merely a childhood world domination fantasy. I know I have had them, and mine were less practical.

--------------------
The fansite quiz says I am Mr. Snaffleburger. The fansite quiz is easily manipulated.
"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate that your condition is not permanent. And you're lucky too; red eyes suit so few." -Cheshire Cat, American Mcgee's Alice
"Didn't anyone tell them that it's in the darkness that you see the stars?" -Sarah, "Little Goth Girl: Open Mike Night"
My advice, stick to aliens.. they have appendages of all shapes and sizes! Something there for everyone!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 8 2005, 11:30 PM
Post #5

It's pretty likely that Fluffykin is just a silly idea. I recently started a crime fighting army of ducks. Admittedly, they've not really been a startling sucess, but this doesn't stop me talking to ducks and advising them to 'continue the fight for justice' whenever I see them, much to my girlfriend's embarassment.

There is a logic behind the Devils thing, I'm just not going to tell you what it is.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Jatopian
post Aug 10 2005, 06:41 PM
Post #6

I knew I could count on you to mess with my head.
*sings* everyone loves the ice cream man / 'cos the ice cream man drives the ice cream van...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 11 2005, 12:47 AM
Post #7

If you think of 'good' as one polarity and 'evil' as the other then it sems obvious that we live in the middle, and that the polarities will have limited access to each-other.

Try not to think of this as messing with your head and instead put it in terms of Philosophy 101. Like any philosophy lesson, it's no fun if I give you the answers.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 08:00 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!