Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oh No, Automatic log-in at work!, Help me turn it off
kisah
post Aug 19 2005, 11:51 AM
Post #1

Obsessive

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 337

Okay, so I accidentally logged in and forgot to untick the box that says auto-login... So even if I sign out, when I come back, I'm logged in.

This is no good.

If someone happened to look through my (non-eraseable) history, they would be able to come in here and post as me.

Now I'm not really concerned about someone finding matazone listed in my history, but I don't want them logged into my account.

Help!

--------------------
_colors and witty words and sirens with bells and lights that make my posts look unique like everyone elses!_
Sorry, the Retro Grouch stole my inspiration...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Aug 19 2005, 11:54 AM
Post #2

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I'm not sure how to get rid of the auto-login but you could put something in each of your posts like a little star before you start talking or something. Then, if someone else posts, they probably won't put a little star before so everyone knows it's not you. smile.gif

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 19 2005, 12:02 PM
Post #3

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

In the meantime you can do ctrl+alt+delete and select 'lock workstation' before you leave. I'm sure it cant be that hard to reset your login settings, I'll look around for thoes options for you

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Aug 19 2005, 12:04 PM
Post #4

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Deleting cookies set by the board?

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Pab
post Aug 19 2005, 12:09 PM
Post #5

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

You log out, then go to the log-in page (not the quick one, the real main log-in page) to log in again, making sure to .. untick(?) the box called 'remember me' ... it then slaps a cookie down that doesn't log you in automatically

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Aug 19 2005, 12:25 PM
Post #6

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Aug 19 2005, 12:04 PM)
Deleting cookies set by the board?

That would be the easiest option, its in the bottom right hand corner of the main page of the forums. smile.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
kisah
post Aug 19 2005, 04:16 PM
Post #7

Obsessive

Member No.: 337

QUOTE (Pab @ Aug 19 2005, 12:09 PM)
You log out, then go to the log-in page (not the quick one, the real main log-in page) to log in again,  making sure to .. untick(?) the box called 'remember me' ... it then slaps a cookie down that doesn't log you in automatically

Woo hoo, it worked

--------------------
_colors and witty words and sirens with bells and lights that make my posts look unique like everyone elses!_
Sorry, the Retro Grouch stole my inspiration...

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Aug 19 2005, 08:18 PM
Post #8

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

QUOTE (K!77y @ Aug 19 2005, 01:02 PM)
In the meantime you can do ctrl+alt+delete and select 'lock workstation' before you leave. I'm sure it cant be that hard to reset your login settings, I'll look around for thoes options for you

Hitting Windows Key + L is a nice quick shortcut for that. Much less hassle when you're getting up for 5 minutes to get a coffee.

Okay, it's only a keypress and a mouseclick quicker but it fits nicely into the flow of getting up from a desk, I found, useful for preventing people noticing that you have Firefox open with 54234653496 non-work related tabs too. A year working as part of my uni course has taught me a lot, clearly. Mainly how to slack off more efficiently.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 07:29 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!