> Norwich record shops, Remember Lizard Records, Backs Rec. etc
clarkson160
post Sep 4 2005, 09:00 AM
Post #1

Novice Guppy

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,994

Dear all,

I am currently looking for information about record/CD shops in Norwich over the past 40 years. Having found out roughly when they all opened and closed, I have hit a bit of a rut and can't find any other information.

If anyone has an opinion on an old record store, knows any information or has a website address with information on it would be much appreciated.

Regards

James Clarkson

P.S. A full list of all the record stores I have come across so far, but need information on is here (in case you want to jog your memory!!):
Goose and Son Ltd., Ives Records, Willson and Ramshaw, Woods E. and Sons, Norwich Record Exchange, Robinsons Records, Garon Records, Groovesville, Mouse Music, Robins Records, Ace Records, Norwich Hi-Fi Centre, Top Deck, Rix and Hall, Sneakers Ltd, Alleycats Record Store, Backs Records, Andys Records, Gregs Records and Tapes, Beat Box, Lizard Records, Out of Time Records, Prelude Records, Compact Disc Centre, See These, Beppo Records, Sendadisc, Houndog Music, Alto Compact Discs, Major's CDs and Tapes, Our Price Music Ltd, Compact Music, Malcolms Records and Tapes, Soundclash Records, Rays CDs, Sound FX, State of Flux (also Flux Records), Fine City Sounds, One Foot in the Groove, Circular Sound, Country Plus, Jazz 'n' Blues Records, Revolver Records, Endless Nameless Music, An Agressive Stance, Dots and Squiggles, Future SOund of Norwich
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beleraphon
post Sep 4 2005, 10:07 AM
Post #2

Has too much time on their hands

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,001

Well, I live in Norwich and haven't heard of half of them, but my friends father has been here all his life, I'll make enquiries if I remember.

You have missed out the 2 big stores, HMV & Virgin, was this deliberate?

And define 'Norwich' do you mean to the inner or outer ring road, and have you included the stalls on the market?

And finally, why do you want this info, it seems a bit obscure!

--------------------
Grass is taking over the world. Have you noticed it’s everywhere?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 11:33 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!