IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Woks, Who makes good ones?
Feyliya
post Sep 8 2005, 03:27 AM
Post #1

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 380

My roommate has ruined my darling wok, so now I need to buy another. I just have no clue of a reputable brand that makes ones as good as the one I just lost (the makers of mine discontinued it a couple of months after I bought it). I would especially prefer it if the thing is built to last for an eternity. Price is also a large factor. So.....can anyone help me here?

Kisah, I don't suppose you'd have a name to pull out of your hat?

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Sep 8 2005, 10:54 AM
Post #2

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

I'd get a proper chinees one if I was you and follow the instructions on how to season it my mum has always done that and she's never had any problems with them and she's been doing wok cooking for at least 20 year and is only her 2nd wok the only reason she replaced it is because her original had metal handles and she wanted a wooden handle. They are also verging on impossible to ruin if you burn something on you scoure it and reseason.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Sep 10 2005, 12:37 AM
Post #3

The last one I had was a teflon version of the proper Chinese ones. I loved it so. I'd love to get a proper Chinese one, I just have no clue where.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Fallen Element
post Sep 10 2005, 01:50 PM
Post #4

Obliterates Everything He Kisses

Member No.: 633

Sorry if this doesn't help but we (well, my dad) always buys woks from an oriental cash and carry - which I'm assuming would be a wholesaler or something. He got a massive wok for bout 10. . . So if you have a Chinese wholesaler near you I'd recommend checking it out! Also, repeating the wisdom of Cath, if you get a Chinese wok you gotta season it which isn''t difficult!

Happy wok hunting!

Fal xXx

--------------------
The bookworm - bellydancing tart of Snuggles Harem
Fallen World
I have done it again. One year in every ten I manage it. . .

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Sep 10 2005, 05:43 PM
Post #5

I'm going to run down to the Seattle Resturant Store and see if I can pick up something for cheap there. It's all professional-grade stuff, so as long as it's a decent price it'll be good. I'll let ya'll know what happens.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 02:21 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!