Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Free Sheet Music
I_am_the_best
post Sep 13 2005, 06:35 PM
Post #1

Dirty Laundry

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,573

I normally use sheetmusicarchive.net when I want to print off some music to sight-read and for the past week I've been really wanting to play Rhapsody in Blue - Georgoe Gershwin. Unfortunately, Gershwin hasn't been dead for long enough so his music is still copyrighted. I'm pretty low on the money thing right now and am too cheap to actually go to the shop and buy it. Does anyone know of any good free sheet music sites where I can download Rhapsoday in Blue for free?

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
silvermoon
post Sep 14 2005, 12:57 AM
Post #2

Worrying

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,943

This site appears to let you do that, although I haven't tried it for myself. Hope this helps!

--------------------
Kiss me, I'm draconian!I belong to SPEAKERfortheLOST! Fear us!Tisiphone is my wonderful flying kitten!

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Sep 14 2005, 08:20 PM
Post #3

Dirty Laundry

Thanks, but unfortunately it turns out to cost $8.25 sad.gif

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
silvermoon
post Sep 15 2005, 04:45 AM
Post #4

Worrying

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,943

Sorry, but I'm not having any luck finding it. If I had a working scanner, I could try to copy it for you, but it's broken. You might want to consider just buying it; it's a great piece to learn!

--------------------
Kiss me, I'm draconian!I belong to SPEAKERfortheLOST! Fear us!Tisiphone is my wonderful flying kitten!

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Sep 17 2005, 12:43 PM
Post #5

Dirty Laundry

Well I went out and bought it. Turns out it's _not_ a piece for sightreading. Aaah well, it'll be a nice piece to learn.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Sep 24 2005, 11:47 PM
Post #6

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

I can't sightread well, but does anyone know where to find the Final Fantasy song in an arrangement for piano or mallet percussion for free? I can't figure it out by ear, and it's just such a great song to use for driving people insane. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Sep 26 2005, 05:08 PM
Post #7

Dirty Laundry

can't sightread well, but does anyone know where to find the Final Fantasy song in an arrangement for piano or mallet percussion for free? I can't figure it out by ear, and it's just such a great song to use for driving people insane.

I might be able to help you if you know the composer of it.

Just wondering, does anyone know any good fingering for relatively small hands for bars 21-40 and how to play the Ossia sections? I've just been skipping those and playing the fun parts when you cross-over your hands and take the tune in the bass but still played by the right hand.

Edit: If you go here, then there are several pieces of music from final fantasy1. You can also get sheet music for all the other Final Fantasies. I hope it helps. smile.gif

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3

+Quote Post
eleraama
post Sep 27 2005, 01:31 PM
Post #8

There is glass between us...!

Member No.: 1,091

I recently discovered this (primarily piano):
Piano Files.com

I haven't actually been able to upload any of my music (scanning takes so bloody long), and thus haven't been able to trade for anything, but I know people who swear by it...

--------------------
"Hell is... other people." No Exit by Jean-Paul Sartre.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 10:07 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!