Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Advice and criticism, website
montag
post Oct 13 2005, 08:56 PM
Post #1

Novice Guppy

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,063

Hi all, nice to meet you folks, have been here reading on your topics and I have enjoyed what you have written and your issues so first thing I would like to say is thank-you.
My buddy and I have started a website, we are novices and this is being done mostly in fun, but there is some honest to God pipe dreaming going on. What I would like from you is if you have the time, give me an opinion of what you think of this site, from the short opinion pieces you see(more to come), to the t-shirts and if you may know alternatives to cafepress. Thanks for your time, look forward to seeing opinions.
Sample shirt:

www.blackbootpress.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Oct 13 2005, 09:37 PM
Post #2

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Not got time to visit the site right now, but I'd just like to say that that is a bitchin' t-shirt. Dude. Rock on.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Oct 16 2005, 01:36 AM
Post #3

Browncoat

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,958

Just visited the site and must say that it looks great. I like the blunt attitude, the design is simple but functions smoothly, and your mission statement rocks. Some of the shirts might not go over well in public, but people will buy them anyway. Good job, and I'll be back to read the editorials as time goes by.

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 20 2005, 02:19 AM
Post #4

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

From a purely stylistic point of view, don't use fonts with a serif (the little pointy bits on the ends of letters).

Serifs were developed to help people read on a printed page more easily. They aid the eye in scanning across a line of text. Unfortunately, because a screen is made up of flickering pixels, serifs on a screen just confuse the eye and so make large portions of text harder to read. Putting your articles in a non-serif font, such as the popular Arial, will make it easier for visitors to read through the whole article.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 05:04 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!