Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save my jeans!, Desperate denim plea.
Snugglebum the D...
post Oct 17 2005, 07:34 PM
Post #1

F*cking with the best since 1996

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 962

Okay - favourite pair of Quiksilver flares I own, about 4 years old, make my bum look great and one of the few pairs that are long enough to work with my mega big boots. No longer made by the company - so these are an endangered species, people!

Just sat here and noticed that the fabric on my left knee is wearing thin - we're talking three washes away from a great hole. I need to know how to save them or at least prolong them? I know there are people here who can help me and I really don't want to have to bin them. sad.gif

It may seem a bit melodramatic - but surely EVERY woman mourns her good bum jeans and understands the horror of trying to replace them?

Don't they? unsure.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Oct 17 2005, 09:00 PM
Post #2

''Am'nt I the cutest ickle bunny?'' asmodeus

Member No.: 64

Check out you local seemstress and see if they can put a patch on the reverse of the fabric. It should take some of the strain off the fabric.

--------------------
Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate but men will dig to get there. ~Chinese Proverb
I am the Ickle Mascot of Ish
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!

+Quote Post
MrRandomQuotes
post Oct 18 2005, 10:21 PM
Post #3

Fear me randomness

Member No.: 2,047

Aren't jeans jeans??
Or are men, or just me, totally clueless on the subject?

--------------------
“Come to the edge.”
“We can't. We're afraid.”
“Come to the edge.”
“We can't. We will fall!”
“Come to the edge.”
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

Remember, be yourself. Unless you suck.

Imitation is the highest form of praise.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Oct 18 2005, 10:32 PM
Post #4

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

QUOTE (MrRandomQuotes @ Oct 18 2005, 11:21 PM)
Aren't jeans jeans??
Or are men, or just me, totally clueless on the subject?

I can see where you're coming from - but no.

Every now and again you find that special pair that just makes your legs look a million miles long, your arse look like it should have scaffolding keeping it that way and complements a fat day. These are those jeans. *tear*

In the last two years I'm in the habit of buying two of everything I find that fits me just so - only not on a £60 pair of jeans, hence my panic now.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Oct 18 2005, 11:06 PM
Post #5

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

My older sister had a pair of "leg" jeans. (there are also "butt" jeans, "lazy" jeans, and "skinny" jeans) The jeans started to get thin around her knees, and my mom sewed on a patch of denim on the reverse side.

The jeans lasted a bit longer, and when they finnaly gave out for good, all that happend was that the other denim patch shows through. Do to the whole hand-me-down thing, the jeans are now mine, and they just look like they were designed to have that patch of denim showing through.

So, I would try oobunnie's suggestion. Unless you'd rather just not struggle with getting a needle through denim, I would take it to a seamstress.

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 08:23 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!