Mata
post Oct 28 2005, 06:06 AM
Post #1

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

It's all gone a bit creepy at Matazone Towers:

http://www.matazone.co.uk/animpages/hallow...in-throats.html

Don't forget, if you fancy donating then use the links on the top right of the animation pages, or you can buy something from my shop (there should be Little Goth Girl things arriving very soon and the corsets still have some great offers), or alternatively just start a shopping trip on Amazone.co.uk or .com using the search boxes on the pages and my site will get 5% of what you spend. It's all good.

Well, it's 7am here. I've worked on this animation solidly for a silly amount of hours, so now I think I really should try and get some sleep.

'Night all!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Oct 28 2005, 10:17 AM
Post #2

Dirty Laundry

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,573

Wow! That was really good! I especially liked the style aswell. Now I can feel something in my throat... unsure.gif

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Oct 28 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #3

Advice for the young at heart

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 33

Mata: I can only hope, nay, pray, that the disturbing thoughts which appear to exist in your mind, and are often presented via the medium of animation, only prevail during the Halloween season, and are not perpetually circling inside your head. If this is not the case, then I fear the psychiatrists will soon face a complicated, though commercially profitable, challenge. Should the worst happen and you do become incarcerated, I shall certainly insist that the medical chiefs allow you an outlet for your insanity in the form of a computer, for I think everyone here would become equally crazy without your graphical excellencies. Not least, the rather beautifully creepy image of your arm crawling towards the viewers.

I say, "Good work and well done," regarding this most recent animation, which shall no doubt provide me with several weeks' worth of nightmares and hallucinations.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 28 2005, 12:13 PM
Post #4

There are usually several other ideas which I work on over the year until I get one that's really creepy. This one was a late starter, only appearing about a month ago while I was lying in the bath. I almost squealed with happiness when it came to me. Almost. That would have been quite girly. biggrin.gif

I've just uploaded a new version with a better vocal performance, the original one I recorded late at night while I had a cold. The new one is a little more dynamic.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
oscarhilton
post Oct 28 2005, 04:16 PM
Post #5

Don't do that.

Member No.: 1,683

Cool! What a lovely, and disturbing poem!

I have to say out of all your amazing animations I love your Halloween ones the most smile.gif Note, I am using my mouth hand to type all this...

--------------------
Oscar.

who was e-kighted by Jimijimi, Sir Oscar. ...

My Webpage

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Oct 28 2005, 04:50 PM
Post #6

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

QUOTE (Mata @ Oct 28 2005, 08:13 AM)
I almost squealed with happiness when it came to me. Almost. That would have been quite girly. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Trying to cover up the evidence!

I watched the first part of it, and then the phone rang and I had to hobble off to go get it, and by the time I hobbled back it was over! Damn the slowness of a sprained ankle.... mad.gif I'm stuck cleaning the kitchen at the moment but I'll watch it when I'm done!!! The beginning was pretty awesome though, I like the poem

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Oct 28 2005, 11:01 PM
Post #7

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

ooo...creepy.

Which, in this case, is a good thing!

Really, that would make a pretty good horror movie.

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 29 2005, 12:47 AM
Post #8

It might do yes, but it would probably be quite a short one!

I have put a bit of thought into how to make a live action version of the story, and it wouldn't be too hard I think. I'd like to do some real film making at some point, even if the effects would be a pain!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Espynwislyn
post Oct 29 2005, 01:41 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,065

Oh, oh my goodness. That is horribly creepy. I've been scared for life.

I like it! Thanks Mata!

You know what the weird thing is though? I find the thought your hand pulling your entire body more disturbing than the hand coming out of you thought.

--------------------
The purpose of nonsense is to be nonsensical.
I don't feel as though my words are what is needed in this instance.
"The rest of those who have gone before us cannot steady the unrest of those still here." Finding Forrester by James W. Ellison.

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Oct 29 2005, 03:02 AM
Post #10

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

Nah, I aggree with you.

If an arm came out of my throat, I might be like "Holy Snap! What the...?" and then go and get it removed (amputated?) at some hostpital. And then I would have a really weird story to tell my grandchildren.

But once it starts dragging me around by its self... Yeah, that'd be creepy.

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Oct 29 2005, 04:25 PM
Post #11

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

Very dark and properly creepy. Reminds me of Poe a little. I do believe I'll write the poem down and show it to my language arts techer, as we're starting Poe next week and he's been whining that no-one writes anything that creepy anymore. biggrin.gif I loved the animation and have seen it four or five times already. Lots of arms creeping into throats... there's something downright disturbing about that. I wonder what their eventual plan is. Do they want to give everyone an extra arm and then control the world?
Unfortunately, I've been having a cough lately and I keep imagining that I'm choking on an arm. I have an overly vivid imagination sometimes, especially when it comes to your animations. Anyway, cheers. Good work on the animation. I plan to scare my little sister with it as soon as I can find her. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 29 2005, 04:46 PM
Post #12

I developed a cough while making it (which is why I rerecorded the voiceover from the original one where my performance just wasn't good enough!) and I too kept on having flashes of arms...

I did read a bit of Poe about the time I was writing it. I figured it might be useful. There was no deliberate attempt to use his style, and I doubt Poe ever mentioned carparks, but it does read similarly because I think that there is a natural rhythm to spookiness!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Oct 29 2005, 08:07 PM
Post #13

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

I finally watched it with no interruptions happy.gif
I think its great, definatley something I havent seen someone else think up before....
I might be haunted by arms now, though....

I love that you read it, it wouldnt be the same if someone else read the poem. I dont think it would sound the way it should. Though I do wonder, is that really the way 'writhing' is pronounced, or is that you taking poetic license?

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Oct 29 2005, 09:46 PM
Post #14

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

QUOTE (Mata @ Oct 29 2005, 12:46 PM)
I developed a cough while making it (which is why I rerecorded the voiceover from the original one where my performance just wasn't good enough!) and I too kept on having flashes of arms...

I did read a bit of Poe about the time I was writing it. I figured it might be useful. There was no deliberate attempt to use his style, and I doubt Poe ever mentioned carparks, but it does read similarly because I think that there is a natural rhythm to spookiness!

There does tend to be a rhythm to the best horror poems. "The Raven" was a work of absolute genius. I believe that it's the only poem I've ever read written in trochaic octameter. (The scansion unit was the only thing in language arts I paid attention to last year, so I hope I'm remembering correctly. tongue.gif ) It doesn't feel like a ripoff of Poe, but there are some similarities.
Must go now, but I did love that animation.

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 30 2005, 01:59 PM
Post #15

Thanks Ast smile.gif I'd be interested to hear what your teacher thinks of it.

QUOTE (Kitty @ Oct 29 2005, 08:07 PM)
I love that you read it, it wouldnt be the same if someone else read the poem. I dont think it would sound the way it should. Though I do wonder, is that really the way 'writhing' is pronounced, or is that you taking poetic license?

Well, I do write to the voice in my head, so I think the accent is necessary. There's a singer called Malcolm Middleton who has a very strong Scottish accent and he manages to make almost anything rhyme with a swearword (he's got some very good lyrics too).

I believe that I pronounce 'writhe' in the standard fashion. In a usual sense it doesn't rhyme with 'eyes', but I linked the prominent sylable rather than the word endings. It gives a slightly off-beat pace to the poem that I rather like. I enjoy word play, and so I have fun rhyming unusual bits of words, or using repetition of sounds in a single line to create internal rhymes (I can't remember the word for that), eg. 'Through courtyards and car-parks' or 'My half-naked body bruised, bleeding, ill'.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Nov 3 2005, 10:17 PM
Post #16

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

Whilst in one of the art rooms today, I couldn't help but notice a sculpture on one of the shelves of lots of different sized arms reach upwards, just like those on the hill in the animation! It was almost uncanny.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 3 2005, 11:18 PM
Post #17

How've you been sleeping recently? biggrin.gif

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Nov 4 2005, 12:05 AM
Post #18

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

With Morphine and a straight jacket.

*curse you Mr Animations Man* *twitch*

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Jatopian
post Nov 4 2005, 12:46 AM
Post #19

Only posts when he's something to say.

Member No.: 1,933

It was okay. I found the rhyming a bit forced. "Clown Killer" is still my favorite holiday animation, and the only such one on the CD which I always keep with me.

--------------------
The fansite quiz says I am Mr. Snaffleburger. The fansite quiz is easily manipulated.
"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate that your condition is not permanent. And you're lucky too; red eyes suit so few." -Cheshire Cat, American Mcgee's Alice
"Didn't anyone tell them that it's in the darkness that you see the stars?" -Sarah, "Little Goth Girl: Open Mike Night"
QUOTE(Witless @ Oct 3 2005, 02:16 AM)
My advice, stick to aliens.. they have appendages of all shapes and sizes! Something there for everyone!
[right][snapback]315520[/snapback][/right]

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 4 2005, 12:49 PM
Post #20

The Clown Killer had a plot that allowed for more diverse imagery, which gave me more words to play with. There's only so many ways to describe being dragged across the floor and out of a door! I really hated using that rhyme, but it was important that I used a common term for floor to ensure clarity for the central image to the poem.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 04:35 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!