IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What group is the best?
What group do you like?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 
Tom
post Nov 8 2005, 04:40 PM
Post #1

Dont Worry, I Dont Know Where I Am Either!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,800

This is just to see what you like. For me Moshers because i am one
VOTING: Click the one you like out of them.

--------------------
Dont Try And Save Me Im Alrealdy Dead
Tis My Forum Please Join It Would Meen Loads
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Novander
post Nov 8 2005, 05:48 PM
Post #2

Take apart your head

Member No.: 1,599

Before I vote, can you give me a brief run-down of what you mean by each group. I mean, what do you consider the differences to be between chavs and scallies, or rockers and moshers?

And for that matter, what do you mean by best? Are you asking which group we belong to? which group benefits society the most? Which group has the best fashion sense? okay, maybe I get what you mean here, but my point is this: Explain yourself more. You keep making these one-line polls with no explanations. 'tis not a good way to start conversations. And even if you don't care what we have to say on the subject, an ongoing conversation will keep this thread near the top of the board so more people can vote. You see where I'm coming from, here?

--------------------
IPB Image
I exist on Last.fm, LiveJournal and Facebook. And occasionally in Real Life.

+Quote Post
markslut
post Nov 8 2005, 05:48 PM
Post #3

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 909

I don't fit in any of them

--------------------
The combined Nurse and Geisha of ISH!
IPB Image
Your Corset is Your Armour - Lace it Tightly - Breathing is Unimportant

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Nov 8 2005, 05:55 PM
Post #4

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I don't really belong to a group of people, but I voted hippies. I mean, they've got flowers, they've got VW vans, they've got flares and they've got love. How can one not love them?

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 8 2005, 06:07 PM
Post #5

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Definitely post-cyberpunks.

Hm.

That doesn't seem to be on the list.

Oh, and I second everything Novander said.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
oscarhilton
post Nov 8 2005, 06:13 PM
Post #6

Don't do that.

Member No.: 1,683

I know you stated before what a 'Mosher' was but I have forgotten and can't be bothered to find the tread. Is it like a head-banging Rock music loving kind of person... or is it another name for 'Chav'?... Mmm... You don't have to reply to that.

Anyway. I nulled. I honestly can’t relate to any of the categories, well apart from none... Ahh Hell I’ll go with none. *Is on a rant here and cant get out*

EDIT: magical outposted reply:

QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 8 2005, 06:07 PM)
Definitely post-cyberpunks.

Hm.

That doesn't seem to be on the list.

Oh, and I second everything Novander said.

I agree. Where is cyberpunk?

--------------------
Oscar.

who was e-kighted by Jimijimi, Sir Oscar. ...

My Webpage

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Nov 8 2005, 06:14 PM
Post #7

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Nov 8 2005, 05:55 PM)
I don't really belong to a group of people, but I voted hippies. I mean, they've got flowers, they've got VW vans, they've got flares and they've got love. How can one not love them?

Ditto

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
oscarhilton
post Nov 8 2005, 06:16 PM
Post #8

Don't do that.

Member No.: 1,683

QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Nov 8 2005, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Nov 8 2005, 05:55 PM)

Ditto

Accually Ditto Also. (with capitals)

--------------------
Oscar.

who was e-kighted by Jimijimi, Sir Oscar. ...

My Webpage

+Quote Post
pgrmdave
post Nov 8 2005, 07:20 PM
Post #9

^random image of the day

Member No.: 1,604

I vote 'other'.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daria
post Nov 8 2005, 08:19 PM
Post #10

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

I nulled my vote. In my opinion, anyone who would classify themselves as one of the above catagories is really limiting themselves, and should perhaps re-think why they think of themself in that way.

I hate being put into a catagory like those ones- I am Becky, I am a human. Get to know me. If I seem to be a stereotype of one of these groups then feel free to classify me, but until then- learn that clothes and "groups" don't define people.

And Mata- can you explain just what a cyber punk is? I have a basic idea, but I am willing to be proven otherwise biggrin.gif

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Nov 8 2005, 08:36 PM
Post #11

''Am'nt I the cutest ickle bunny?'' asmodeus

Member No.: 64

I choose chavs because the site explained 2 things. 1: Mr. T Necklaces are coming back. 2: these folks have the ability to make anything look trashy. Burbrerry, Polo, and Tommy Hilfliger can make up an 80's ish wigger style. Man oh man I love it laugh.gif
Why do I relate to them? I dunno. ermm... I own that plaid Burberry cap that everyone seems to be wearing.
I should also mention that I'd never heard of most of these groups before. Crazy youngins and all their new fangled names.

--------------------
Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate but men will dig to get there. ~Chinese Proverb
I am the Ickle Mascot of Ish
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!

+Quote Post
Astarael
post Nov 8 2005, 10:17 PM
Post #12

Browncoat

Member No.: 1,958

Hippies have the perfect clothes and I love my lava lamp, so I chose hippies. If you want some genuine opinions with reasons to back them up then post with more details. The superficial one-line polls are getting annoying.

--------------------
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all. ~Morpheus, King of Dreams
I am a leaf on the wind. See me soar.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Nov 9 2005, 09:39 AM
Post #13

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I chose Hippies - it's my summer look. biggrin.gif

Apart from which, I'm in negotiation at the moment that on the understanding that if I learn to drive I'm allowed to buy a VW van and spend my spare time upgrading it. Should be good fun.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 9 2005, 02:18 PM
Post #14

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Daria @ Nov 8 2005, 08:19 PM)
And Mata- can you explain just what a cyber punk is? I have a basic idea, but I am willing to be proven otherwise biggrin.gif

Accordiong to the Oxford English Dictionary its:

a genre of science fiction set in a lawless subculture of an oppressive society dominated by computer technology.

That's the main version, there's another version of its use as a noun:

a person who accesses computer networks illegally.

The main thing missing from this is that cyberpunk only really existed until about 1987 and after that it was too self-conscious of what it was to have the same impact. Another major point about cyberpunk was that it was a genre of fiction and never a fashion; however we now have 'cyberpunk clothing' styles which are essentially clothes that are designed to seem like they would be right to be worn by a person in a cyberpunk text. People who wear that kind of clothing either do it just because they like the style (fair enough, I like it too, but I'm not sure it suits me) or they are in denial of the simple fact that cyberpunk is dead.

Cyberpunk created the aesthetic for almost all science fiction that you see today. Famous early examples in film are 'Alien', 'Mad Max', and 'Blade Runner', but the really impotrant text, and some say the only cyberpunk book ever written, is 'Neuromancer' by William Gibson. These all present the future as being similar to the present but just with a huge accumulation of technology, most of which is obselete. Junk is a big thing in a future defined by the wasteful excess of the present, so everything ends up dirty except for things and places owned by the very, very rich.

What this means for cyberpunk-as-a-fashion is that you get lots of reference to old circuit boards, wires, retro-futuristic shapes for clothing, lots of black, and industrial influences.

Like I say, I'd probably put myself somewhere around post-cyberpunk, which is somewhere on the other side of this, where I liked the fiction, then liked the fashion, then really understood the fiction and decided that fashion is all in the mind. Cyberpunk was very keen on the importance of ideas, which is probably why it became so influential.

Cyberpunk gave us 'The Matrix' (dirty reality, clean fiction), Ghost in the Shell, pretty much all of virtual reality and many of the ideas about communication in 'cyberspace', any film that represents data as geometric shapes floating in a grid, and loads more. It gave us cyberspace and a vision of computers that informs almost every design choice made for and by consumers today. It's probably the most important cultural movement of the late twentieth century because of the way that it has shaped the consciousness of the world's attitude towards technology, and, amusingly, most people don't even realise that it happened! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Nov 9 2005, 02:30 PM
Post #15

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

I was under the impression chavs, townies and scallies were all reigional variations of the same thing.

Anyway, all those names bring to mind extremes of something, way of acting, way of dressing, yeah, I'm not an extreme. Though I do wear flares....so that's sorta hippy I suppose.

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Nov 9 2005, 05:58 PM
Post #16

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

Thank you for the explanation- it was sort of what I thought, but just explained it a little better.

As for the chavs/ townies/ scallies- I hjave no clue as to what the last one is, but there is a difference between chav and townie; a chav is someone who wears immitation burberry, big gold (plated) jewelry, and sports clothing. A townie is someone who is sort of the same, except without the burberry- lots of (fake) designer labels, thinks they are very cool, wouldn't beable to pull off wearng wellies.

At least this is my perception biggrin.gif

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
MrRandomQuotes
post Nov 9 2005, 10:35 PM
Post #17

Fear me randomness

Member No.: 2,047

Wow, we're all hippies!

Peace and love and peace man.

"hi"
"you bet i am man"

Plus lava lamps ARE cool ^.^

--------------------
“Come to the edge.”
“We can't. We're afraid.”
“Come to the edge.”
“We can't. We will fall!”
“Come to the edge.”
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

Remember, be yourself. Unless you suck.

Imitation is the highest form of praise.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 11:44 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!