IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Voice Acting..., Need some help on this one, folks
PsychWardMike
post Dec 9 2005, 04:52 AM
Post #1

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,105

I have a good friend who works for an up and coming video game studio as the head music composer. This friend is keeping me as a music consultant. Woo. Go me. I really want to make it into the gaming business and this is a good way to start.

Now I want to do as much as I can in this corporation, so I'm going to also try to be a voice actor for one (or more) of the characters. The head of the corporation said he wants a reel for this, but the problem I'm having is I don't quite know what to do. This is where you - the wise Matazonians come in.

Does anyone have any voice acting experience? Or know what to put on a reel at least? Any advice you have would be great.

Here's a link to the studio's site. http://www.ronime.net/exodus/

Thank you muchly!

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 9 2005, 02:55 PM
Post #2

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY DEMO?

An average 1:30 to 2-minute commercial demo will contain between 10 and 20 short "clips" of various tracks each demonstrating a unique attitude or emotion. Prepare for your demo session by finding 30 - 40 possible scripts or short lines of copy (about :05 - :15 each). Modify print ads, transcribe commercials or write your own copy if that's one of your talents (note: if you’re not an accomplished copy writer, we don’t recommend writing your own copy). Include a wide range of emotions, attitudes and delivery styles to demonstrate your versatility. A few product or client names should be included to show how you can "sell" the advertiser's name. Although we recommend that you find your own copy that works best for you, we do have hundreds of scripts available. Music and sound effects should be added for extra production value. It is common to have separate demos for each area in which you are marketing yourself. If you have an agent, you will very likely need a 1-minute "cut-down" version of each demo for their house demo CD. Study other voice talent demos to get an idea of variety and the styles of delivery you might include in your demo. There are many sites that have lots of demos for you to study. One of the most comprehensive is www.voicebank.net (click on “house reels”, select a talent agent, and start listening).

From http://voiceacting.com/demoprod/

Good luck!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
bryden42
post Dec 9 2005, 07:30 PM
Post #3

Flash Gordon Wannabe

Member No.: 1,984

In addition to what mata researched get a decent recording, if you are really serious about this consider going to a studio, unless you or someone you know knows a bit about recording and has a decent home studio setup.
I would also suggest that the guide that Mata found, whilst helpful, is a little geared towards advertising, It might pay you to record some monologues as well.

--------------------
I like your house... can I come in!
S P A N G L E D by Faerieryn

what I do when I have too much time on my hands My Devart page

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Dec 12 2005, 01:40 AM
Post #4

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Thanks guys! I'm working currently to select my pieces to submit and to find a suitable place to record it. When I do, I'll find a host and set it up!

Much appreciation.

(Keep your fingers crossed!)

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 02:17 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!