Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm still alive, also here's a story
The Travis
post Apr 30 2006, 04:15 AM
Post #1

Worrying

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 2,131

So I woke up this morning (15 minutes before noon is morning right?) and my room was cold.

: (

I got up and put on a sweatshirt and putted around online for a while. It had been a while since I'd been able to do so because of school and work. I got on MSN and started talking to Daria.

: )

After a few minutes the pizza I had thrown in the oven was done. Soon I was enjoying its goodness.

We were making fun of things and having a good conversation when my phone rang. It was my sister. She told me that I'm going to be an uncle in December!

This pleased me greatly and I smiled the smile of a happy man. Daria and I continued talking and about a half hour later, my phone rang again. I recognized the number, but I couldn't remember from where. I answered it.

Me- Hello?

Scotty- 'Sup shooter?

Me- Oh hey guy, not much. What are you up to?

Scotty- Workin'. You know you were supposed to be here at 4?

Me- ... *Expletive*.. *Expletive* *Expletive* *Expletive*!

Scotty- Haha, yeah.

Me- *Expletive* I'll be there as soon as I can.

Scotty- Heh alright man.

So I rushed to work. Worked and worked. Boring and boring. And then right before I left I was lifting a box full of crap (not literally) into the compactor when my wrist gave out. Then I think it activated a bomb in my arm and I said "Ow".

But now I'm home, my wrist feels a bit better, and I've had a chance to vent to you fine people. And I'm going to be an uncle.

The End.

--------------------
What do you mean you don't know me? I'm in IRC all the time.
QUOTE(The Lorax @ Jan 12 2006, 11:51 PM)
QUOTE(The Travis @ Dec 29 2005, 05:52 PM)
HAY GUYS WUTS GOIN ON IN TEH INTRANET!!!???!?!??!??!?!?!???!??[right][snapback]327211[/snapback][/right]
I. Love. You.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post May 1 2006, 01:30 PM
Post #2

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Congrats on the new addition to the family. It's great being the uncle. (well in my case aunt) You get to introduce the ickle 'un to the fun stuff in life.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
LoLo
post May 1 2006, 01:54 PM
Post #3

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

Congrats on Uncledom! As we were talking about in IRC it's great, you get all the fun stuff and can shove them away when they become a pain!

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Daria
post May 1 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #4

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

Pffft, you lie. It wasn't your sister on the phone, it was you pretending to be cool and business-man like. Congrats once again biggrin.gif
Those conversations were fun. We should have more.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
FeralPolyglot
post May 16 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #5

=^^= ~~

Member No.: 1,690

Hey! Congatulations on the new addition to your family. smile.gif As the uncle, you can tell the ickle one about all the embarrassing things that his mommy did when she was younger. happy.gif And then not have to deal with him when the pack of pixie sticks you fed him for dinner hits. :-p

--------------------
-Cerin
=^^= ~~

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
"Be the change that you want to see in the world." -Mohandas Gandhi
"We do not inherit the land from our fathers, we borrow it from our children." -Native American Proverb
"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Walk beside me and just be my friend." - Albert Camus
"You can't change the music of your soul." -Katherine Hepburn
"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. (...) There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself." -The Matrix

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 08:46 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!