Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Photo Portfolio
LoLo
post May 2 2006, 03:56 AM
Post #1

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I was kind of wondering if people would give me feedback on my photo portfolio. I have to turn in my top 12 pics, so I was curious which ones people liked the best. Click here to see my photos . So basically you can list all the ones you like, or list the two you like the least, whichever effort you want to put in to it, if you would like to give me feedback.

Thanks for any feedback given, I have to turn these in next week.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Novander
post May 2 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #2

Take apart your head

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,599

I like Benches and Lamppost. They should definitely stay. My least favourite is Paddywagon; it looks less like arty photography and more like "hey, we went on a day out and here's some pictures we took." But that might just be me being generally not so keen on pictures of people. You said you wanted us to list our two least favourite, so the other one would probably be jesuspenis. Again, it's got a "hey, look at what we saw on our way home" feel to it.

But overall: much yayness there.

--------------------
IPB Image
I exist on Last.fm, LiveJournal and Facebook. And occasionally in Real Life.

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post May 2 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #3

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

I like the Pathway, Mansion, and Rods pictures.

I really like all of them, but those are my favorites!

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post May 3 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #4

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Hmmmm...I like them all, but I think bridge and benches are my least favorite. Bridge definitely ranks in last place for me. I think that's the only one I'd say I was genuinely "meh" about.

But I think the rest are great. And personally I love the paddy wagon and Jesus penis ones. biggrin.gif I think the rods one is probably my favorite.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post May 3 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #5

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I love the arch photo and the car photo. The drumming photo really captured the moment aswell.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
LoLo
post May 5 2006, 03:31 AM
Post #6

Kiefer > Jason

I just wanted to say thank you all to those who have responded. I'm still working out the final 12 and probably won't know for sure which ones to use until Monday, I just didn't want you to think I was unappreciative.

--------------------

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post May 14 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #7

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

I'm guessing you've already submitted them. But I reckon, not pathway, and not jesuspenis.

What ones did you end up using?

I'm guessing you've already submitted them. But I reckon, not pathway, and not jesuspenis.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
LoLo
post May 15 2006, 02:38 PM
Post #8

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ May 14 2006, 12:12 PM) *

I ended up leaving out the lamppost picture because the sky doesn't have enough detail in it and I should have burned it in a bit more, and then the one looking through leaves because when I looked at it next to the pathway one that almost got cut, it just didn't seem as ok as the other one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post May 21 2006, 04:18 PM
Post #9

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

You're a very right sided person...

Meaning it seems the focus seems to be on the right side of the frame a lot.

Not that it's bad, they're good photos, I just noticed that tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Tremer
post Jun 4 2006, 02:04 AM
Post #10

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,437

Looks like you have a good eye for photography. I like most of the compositions but I think your black and white conversions can use some work. The whites (or highlights) are blown out on most of the pics.

Are you shooting digital or film? What kind of camera are you using?

BTW, I am not a fan of photobucket, they resize all your images and they tend to look crappy because of the jpeg compression.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jun 6 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #11

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (Tremer @ Jun 3 2006, 07:04 PM) *
Looks like you have a good eye for photography. I like most of the compositions but I think your black and white conversions can use some work. The whites (or highlights) are blown out on most of the pics.

Are you shooting digital or film? What kind of camera are you using?

BTW, I am not a fan of photobucket, they resize all your images and they tend to look crappy because of the jpeg compression.

Thanks for the compliment. For some reason even though my negatives weren't very dense, everytime I brought my print out from the dark room for my teacher to approve, he would say, "Needs more contrast go up a grade in filters," which is probably what makes the highlights seem a bit blown out.

For that class I was shooting film, which I liked a lot because it offered me so much and the quality of a print seems to be better than with digital, since I can't afford something more professional that has like 10 + megapixels. Anyway rant aside I was using a nice new Nikon SLR, which takes some nice photos.

As for photobucket, yeah it resizes pics and messes with them a bit, but it's a free and easy way for people to get the jist of what I was working on, without me having to use up some of my time creating a webpage. This isn't saying I don't know how, just that I didn't really have the time for it for that, and no one should be printing out my images anyway, so if it's lower quality for the web then oh well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bryden42
post Jun 6 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #12

Flash Gordon Wannabe

Member No.: 1,984

you should start a deviant art site, its good exposure its free and they dont resize your stuff

--------------------
I like your house... can I come in!
S P A N G L E D by Faerieryn

what I do when I have too much time on my hands My Devart page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:06 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!