IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> To all diamond lovers, Will this stop you buying them?
Maria100
post May 11 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #1

That's 'Sir Guppy' to you

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 2,192

To all you diamond lovers out there, will this article change your mind about flashing them?

http://www.ricenpeas.com/docs/diamond%20illusion.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post May 11 2006, 05:52 PM
Post #2

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

i would say that it is much harder to come by a diamon then glass. diamonds are created after thousands of years of intence heat and pressure on coal. causing the coal to transform into a diamond. glass (when not chemicly made) is crated by lightning hitting sand. the sand melts into glass.

personally... not a big fan of diamonds... im more of a hemp necklace type. the only diamond i own is the very small one on my engagement ring, which i like more because of the cool design.

edit: I was reading this and realised i forgot to finish my thought

if you buy natural glass it can be fairly expensive as well. i bought a small angle figureine made from natural glass for my grandmother. it was very pretty, but it costed alot of money. she cherishes the statue (that has my mothers name engraved on it) as much if not more, as i do the ring ryan gave me.

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post May 11 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #3

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

The article fails to mention Canadian diamonds, however. Very different from those mined in Africa.

So no, it won't change my mind about my engagement ring, because the stone in it is my birthstone, and it came from Canada. There's no reason to feel guilty about the one I have. I wouldn't get one that finances the stuff that article talks about.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 08:01 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!