Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Conlangs
MisterJ
post May 1 2007, 11:09 AM
Post #1

Worrying

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 3,093

I was just curious about how many people on this forum do anything to do with conlangs (short for constructed languages, or a language made or 'constructed' by someone for a certain reason such as for fun, or for a story or movie). I myself have a keen interest in languages, and so enjoy constantly building on my own own personal con called Langhadj (or Languiz d Jd).

I will be happy to hear of any of your creations, and feel free to ask about mine.

Ifa 'Conlang'' it odo'ghi nechio nokstat'ghi. happy.gif

Also, sorry, but, I was actually meant to place this in Daft, hopefully it's okay though. blush.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Izzy
post May 1 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #2

Germany > Spain...

Member No.: 2,184

Ooo. Some realife friends and I made up one, but it's really easy to figure out if you type it. Not exactly when your speaking.

Canshibahyoushibahdeciphershibahmyshibahlanguageshibah?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post May 1 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #3

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

I start making a conlang about 3 yearsish (I think?) ago. It hasn't really progressed terribly, though I did recently start playing with it again, and start writing an application to use it on the computer. It doesn't have a name, and doesn't use the latin alphabet, nor do I have any way of speaking it, so I can't transliterate anything.

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post May 6 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #4

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

I have enough trouble grasping ENGLISH grammar never mind any other language. Good luck to ya'! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Wytukaze
post Jun 18 2007, 04:25 PM
Post #5

Carcinogenic Donkey

Member No.: 1,656

I used to conlang a lot. I haven't had much time for it lately, what with my linguistics course giving me lots of real languages to work on. Morpheme identification takes a while.

I have created simple codes of English (with and without other participants), such as Suhoye (Yohu, tuhisu yisu suhoye, yanudu yitusu yacutuyaluluyu puretutuyu yeyasuyu.) Vaguely reminiscent of English loans in Japanese, that one.

I have created more complex derivatives of English, like the one I made the other day when I wanted to play with something: Dhisa alnnus, dhran mohd tunnastnn. I know it looks like some Quenya-wannabe, but it reads more like a pidgin if you know what's going on.

I have made one, and only one, language which involves lots of logic based in computing, including stack-structured instead of tree-structured syntax and all sorts of other unnecessary things. I had free time.

I've messed about with, but have nothing much to show for, lots and lots of a priori (that is, created out of nothing) conlangs.

The only one that I've done lots of work on and have recently started playing with again is called (named by a friend, for reasons I can't be bothered to go into) Kythish, an a posteriori language based on Old English and Old Welsh, to an extent. It has dialects, alternative writing systems based on a ridiculously complex social background and is, essentially, the pinnacle of my linguistic nerdy ways. I am both proud and deeply ashamed of it, is what I am saying. Here, have a brief paragraph:

Jesh hob sfc uwdiŋleŋŋǽ uwdgamrǽighrom mocen, nǽ stdth ahjr ahda mnsa nrnnssa far. 'shm thraf prannǽ r schomoda.

In fact, because I'm doing nothing much else right now, have the same paragraph in a different orthography:

Jeś hob sfac wƿdiŋleŋŋ wƿdgymriǵrom mocen, n std yhjr yhde mnse nrnnasse fyr. 'śm aruf pryẃnn ree sćomode.

--------------------

JERUSALEM, Israel (AP) - In response to Israel's denial of water to the West Bank, HAMAS released three cheetahs in West Jerusalem, where they went on a killing spree, mauling four Jews and injuring thirteen.

TEL AVIV, Israel (AP) - Following a cheetah attack on West Jerusalem perpetrated by the majority HAMAS party, the Israeli Air Force retaliated by detonating twenty kiloton nuclear devices over Gaza City, Jenin, Nablus, Rafah, and Ramallah.

ASHDOD, Israel (AP) - As a result of the atomic bombings of five Palestinian cities, a 50-foot tall reptile has woken from its million-year slumber in the Mediterranean Sea. The monster has made landfall at Ashdod and obliterated the city. Eyewitnesses report that the monster left the destroyed city heading southeast.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 02:06 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!