> Update for those that know me!, My bro, my dissertation and my move to Essex
Pixelgoth
post Sep 13 2007, 08:49 AM
Post #1

Flaps and spins on the spot

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 390

Hi guys :-)

Sorry I've not been around much. Obvious reasons really.

My brother has had 3 sessions of chemo now. He seems to be coping really well and isn't having many side effects and certainly nothing serious. They are however talking about lowering the dosage of his chemotheraphy as he has two weeks to recover between each session and twice now his white blood cell (neutrofiles???) has been too low which means his immune system can't recover quickly enough/at all from chemo. He is supposed to be having 6 months (every two weeks) of chemo but this might lengthen due to this. Apparently it's not a problem but it means eating into Christmas now sad.gif

I've managed to get my extension from the university to do my dissertation so that is in full swing as life is slowly getting back to normal (as normal as it can be when your brother is ill!).

I've moved to Essex and now have a lovely one bed flat in Westcliff-on-Sea and it's wonderful having my own place/space.

I'm seeing a guy called Ryan who is actually my brother's best friend wink.gif He's liked me for quite some time (15 years to be exact) but I've always had a boyfriend and never really looked at him in any way other than "Andrew's mate". Anyway, long story short he's lovely and we're quite sickening laugh.gif

So what's new here then?

I've now got broadband at home so I'm hoping I'll be able to pop on every now and then........when I'm trying to avoid my dissertation write up mainly! laugh.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daria
post Sep 13 2007, 11:09 AM
Post #2

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

Awww, yay! biggrin.gif It is lovely to hear you being happier.
We now have kittens (yet ANOTHER incentive to come to ours now and again) and don't live in Wapping, but rather Plaistow.

*hugs*
smile.gif

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Sep 13 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #3

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

*huggs*

Good to hear from you. Hope things go well fro your brother. And your disserations, and you and the new fella wink.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Oct 6 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #4

Light On The Surface

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

On the whole, a much more positive post than previously. Which is a good thing, obviously.

The move to Essex does rather kill off any chances of us meeting for a pint in Warrington, though. Because we both know that was going to happen... dry.gif

Enjoy your new pad and new fella, you slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!!!

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 9 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #5

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I can't believe that it has taken me so long to reply to this, but at least it gives a good time to ask how your brother is doing and how you are settling in smile.gif

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 12:09 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!