IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When Do You Bleed?, Please let me know when you menstrate!
froggle-rock
post Oct 16 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #1

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,174

Calling all female readers and posters of this forum, how would you fancy helping me with an art project where I collect the dates of your period* over the next 6 months and turn it into a sculpture?!?!?

I was sitting on the DLR this morning thinking about all the periods I have had and will ever have. That is a lot of data. I could use that data and make art!

I wish to explore the possible synchronisation (or not as the case may be) of menstrual cycles that I have with females I know, be those relationship in the real world, or online. Then in 6 months time I will use the data to make a 3d sculpture. Names and user names won't need to be in the art as specifically it's the relationship I have with the woman and the data she provides me with that will be made in to a 3D representation, but I'd like to credit people if they let me happy.gif

You can either record the days you bleed on
  • one of the calendars I made ( Word document, PDF),
  • or if you use a calendar application and can export the .ics file then that's fine too,
  • or you can record it another way (paper diary) and send me a PM in six months time.
  • You could PM me every time you start and cease bleeding, just as long as I know the dates.

NB: If you bleed a little or a lot, I only need to know if you did on that day. If you have periods where you bleed for a day, then stop for a day, then bleed for three days, record it as it is.

If you'd like to take part please let me know either by a PM or a post here. If you have any questions, please ask biggrin.gif

Thanks for reading, now lets record our bleeding!

*That is if you have had your first period, regardless if you menstruate regularly, more than 2 weeks out of every month or once a year. If you don't bleed for the entire 6 months, that's fine I'd still like that data wink.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trunks_girl26
post Oct 18 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #2

o_O

Member No.: 1,229

I'm in.

It'll be fun to be apart of some art, especially with my bleedy bits happy.gif

--------------------
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return -Moulin Rouge
"Religion is a finger pointing ot the moon, but some people confuse the finger with the moon."
Truth is subjectivity - Kierkegaard
"I don't know anything; I never knew anything, but now I know I don't know"
"The important thing isn't to know Jesus, Mohamed or Buddah, but to know what they know"

+Quote Post
Daria
post Oct 20 2007, 11:12 PM
Post #3

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

I'll do it! My crappy reproductive system would be delighted to be part of your artwork laugh.gif

Cand, you should do this too, as should YOU Sarahs.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Oct 23 2007, 12:48 AM
Post #4

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

I really want to see how this would turn out, so yeah, sure, I'll write stuff down for you.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Oct 23 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #5

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Cool, yay. Thank you ladies for taking part... elphaba2 I was going to PM you to ask you so am glad to see you decided to take part. biggrin.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Oct 24 2007, 02:26 AM
Post #6

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Because I talk about my period in the Way Too Much Information thread a lot, or because I am really interesting and approachable?

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
trunks_girl26
post Oct 24 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #7

o_O

Member No.: 1,229

QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Oct 23 2007, 10:26 PM) *
Because I talk about my period in the Way Too Much Information thread a lot, or because I am really interesting and approachable?

Both wink.gif

--------------------
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return -Moulin Rouge
"Religion is a finger pointing ot the moon, but some people confuse the finger with the moon."
Truth is subjectivity - Kierkegaard
"I don't know anything; I never knew anything, but now I know I don't know"
"The important thing isn't to know Jesus, Mohamed or Buddah, but to know what they know"

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Oct 25 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #8

omno-ahhhhhhh!

QUOTE (trunks_girl26 @ Oct 24 2007, 06:47 AM) *
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Oct 23 2007, 10:26 PM) *

Both wink.gif

Ditto biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Nov 16 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #9

My direction

Member No.: 495

Ok, so...

1) I can tell you when mine are, but they're totally predctable cos I'm on the pill.

2) Assuming folklore is always 100% accurate, you synch periods with women you live with or are in constant close contact with due to, I dunno, hormones flying around magically or something.

But if you're on the pill, you get regular periods, in my pill's case, on the weeks off.

Does this mean you can hypothetically mastermind a plot to control when your flatmates' periods come via the use of artificial hormones on yourself?

3) How on earth do you get from "Lalala, I'm sitting on the DLR!" to "Hey, I wonder how my periods synch up with other people, artistically speaking?"

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 11:47 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!