Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Day, Midterm, Freezing Lakefront Walk, Protest
patback87
post Mar 20 2008, 06:31 AM
Post #1

Obsessive

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,680

So yea I had an interesting day, took a midterm that took longer than I thought. Then hung out with another friend of mine, we both had a converstation with a former teacher of ours, took a walk along the lakefront, and then decided to go to the protest that I wasn't going to go to. By the time I got there they had started marching already and through some kind of comedic movie or sitcom situation I ended up after about ten minutes catching up with my friends with a stroke of luck. Anyway here are the photos from the protest.

Then the end of the planned and the route they had the permit for came to an end.

Chicago's finest have been busy this week there was an Free Tibet protest that ended at the Chinese consult in Chicago and a rock found a second floor window and a garbage can was set on fire. Our protest was a little calmer, just chanting and at the end people danced.

The police on segues move in first then the mounted police moved in to push everyone back.

Not quite like the hippy bashing days of yore for the Chicago police department in fact there were no incidents and no arrest, they estimate about 2,200 people attended. Then we went back to our consumer ways and ate at Chilis downtown, lol.

Edit forgot I also ended up in some footage they used for the news, http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Ho...TY&pageId=1.1.1, I'm towards the end of the story right after the interview with the black girl who says something like "We need to let Iraq rebuild itself" I'm wearing a red jacket taking a picture towards middle right, it's very quick you will probaby have to pause it, lol.

--------------------
user posted image
The Blender Radio
"'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood?" -Ralph Waldo Emerson "Self-Reliance"
"It's cozy if your Hanibal Lector." - Ace Ventura
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 05:57 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!