> Detroit Rocks Cities, a Frogg is coming to teh USA
froggle-rock
post Aug 11 2008, 08:49 PM
Post #1

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,174

hey all,

As some of you may know I'm seeing myself a Spoon, and I'll be over in December to go literally chill with him, REAL SNOWS! I'll be arriving December 14th in Detroit, and leaving Jan the 8th. We'll (might) be heading over to Las Vegas at some point because I gots me some RL syuu stalking to do and Spoon has family there. As much as I would love to do a tour around the US and meet up with y'all 'Merican Matazonians I'm fiscally restricted (not as kinky as it sounds). So, if anyone is in the Detroit area, Las Vegas area, or places kinda in Mitchigan, please let us know and we might be able to meet up with you. Of course, the ultimate would if A Good Few of Us could all meet up and do it in style happy.gif

Froggi-Pie

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Aug 11 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #2

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

No Montreal for you? Eye cannot sway you avec zis sultry fronch axont-t?

Sounds like a blast! Have fun visiting my (soon-to-be-former?) country!

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Aug 12 2008, 09:57 AM
Post #3

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Not this time round, I doubt D: But I so totally do want to go to Montreal. *squeeeeee* there are some awesome DJs there that I want to meet again, and a Jaq is over in Canada and a j0! happy.gif But this winter will mostly consist of Mitchigan to Las Vegas via Illinois.

The er, text accent kidna worked, but I prefer French Man accent... Hey, maybe takle some tesosterone and we'll see tongue.gif

J0 becoming a full fledged Canadian, Elphaba?

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Aug 12 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #4

Lord of the Keys

Really? I find that few hommes can pull off the fronch accent without sounding like they'd like to be with other hommes. Now, spanish (non barcelona) accents are another matter entirely. Or whispery French ladies. Or good English ones can make an American girl wiggle her toes a little.

I don't honestly know if I'm staying wiz ze fronch-canadiens--we'll see how the election goes. If they elect Captain Ancient, I might just stay in the land of poutine til things look better. Right now, though, I'm just going to uni there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yannick
post Aug 12 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #5

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 12,759

QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Aug 12 2008, 11:49 AM) *
Captain Ancient

That made me giggle.

The way I see it, groups of people lose not matter what. If Hilary hadn't lost, sucks for sexists. If Obama wins, racists. And if McCain wins, well, he'll probably just die from age... Then again, not everyone's ever really happy..

--------------------
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldnít be here if stars hadnít exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - werenít created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget God. The stars died so that you could be here today. ~Lawrence Krauss

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Aug 12 2008, 07:49 PM
Post #6

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

Those are basically our options as far as money restrictions go. Vegas, Michigan or somewhere nearby Michigan (IL for example). So let us know if you wants to see us, the dates aren't solid, but I think we'll be in Vegas for New Years so if any other stateside 'zonians want to make it a New Years meet that'd be pretty gnarly. We're givin' you a few months to sort it anyway.

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Aug 12 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #7

Lord of the Keys

Yeah, I don't really mind if racists are unhappy. I do mind if the money I currently pay the government gets spent on an eternal and unending war and I never get the Social Security money they're taking from my paycheck.

Anyway. Frogg in the U.S! Hooray!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Aug 16 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #8

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

obviously, as i've never been to a meet, i'm all over the idea of a Las Vegas one. i'm not the best tour guide - in fact, i'm a horrible one, but i am pretty decent company in person. tongue.gif

and, come on. you want to go to 'Vaygoose, all of you do. it's fun..ish here!

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Aug 17 2008, 01:33 AM
Post #9

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Except I'm ickle and can't do crap there tongue.gif

Anyway, turns out my brother is coming here for Christmas. I'm still trying to see what kind of funds I'll have, I have to purchase books on Monday so >_> I might be broke.

I'm thinking maybe we could do a location that's sorta neutral I guess? Because then it might be more affordable for me/us to get to. I'd really like to go to Vegas and I REALLY HOPE I can haz money for it.

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Aug 17 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #10

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

Syuu dont worry about the tour guiding you cant be any worse than me which Spoony has already suffered. biggrin.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Aug 18 2008, 02:20 PM
Post #11

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Pshaw, syuu is an awesome tour guide. Half the fun is getting lost! In a parking lot! It makes it exciting. biggrin.gif

Cath is pretty great too, but she never got us lost. She gets extra points for waving her arms around and saying "Look, HISTORY!" though.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Aug 18 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #12

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

oh, Vegas!! this sounds like too much fun...

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Aug 19 2008, 02:20 AM
Post #13

suggestive cupcake

LOL a parking lot.
Yeah, I am a directions-whiz. tongue.gif

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Aug 19 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #14

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

QUOTE (candice @ Aug 18 2008, 03:20 PM) *
Pshaw, syuu is an awesome tour guide. Half the fun is getting lost! In a parking lot! It makes it exciting. biggrin.gif

Cath is pretty great too, but she never got us lost. She gets extra points for waving her arms around and saying "Look, HISTORY!" though.

Well it's Chester it has lots......... unsure.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Aug 19 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #15

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

QUOTE (Cath @ Aug 19 2008, 08:40 AM) *
QUOTE (candice @ Aug 18 2008, 03:20 PM) *

Well it's Chester it has lots......... unsure.gif

Don't forget the heritage! ohmy.gif

Anyway, Vegas might be out for real. I think we may be saving to go to Burning Man next year and go to Vegas to meet with my brother since he will be attending as well. I think a midwest meet may be in order though?

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Aug 19 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #16

omno-ahhhhhhh!

/me points to Spoon

What he said. Winter: Mid West, summer: Nevada XD.

I'll stalk you from afar until next summer, Syuu. Sorry I got your hopes up sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Aug 19 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #17

suggestive cupcake

S'okay. By then, I'll be done with college and have a steady job - maybe I can come to you and stare at the promised stare points instead! tongue.gif

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Aug 22 2008, 01:53 AM
Post #18

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

Aww If you find yourself in NY/Boston look come find me!! I'm sad I never really got to say goodbye! That was a complicated day/night...sad.gif

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Aug 22 2008, 10:11 AM
Post #19

omno-ahhhhhhh!

QUOTE (syuu @ Aug 19 2008, 10:29 PM) *
S'okay. By then, I'll be done with college and have a steady job - maybe I can come to you and stare at the promised stare points instead! tongue.gif

*wiggles the jiggles*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 01:40 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!