Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dysfunctional Survival Guide, A book written, illustrated and designed by Lo
LoLo
post Aug 25 2008, 07:55 AM
Post #1

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

Ok so I posted this in the thread about my graduation, but then thought I should probably have this in the creations forum.

For those who read the thread about me graduating, you know I wrote, illustrated and designed a humor book called The Dysfunctional Survival Guide. This book is exactly what it says it is and from what I've been told by those who have read it, it is quite funny. biggrin.gif

Anyway I made the book I wrote available for purchase for $30 on lulu.com

I don't know if you can buy it if you're outside the united states, but if you're interested in trying it out that's cool. I know $30 seems like a lot for a book, but the printing is all in color so I'm making a minimal profit off of it.

If you buy it and like it, please pass the link on to your friends and family if you think they would be interested, so I can see if I can make something out of this book.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Aug 25 2008, 11:16 AM
Post #2

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,174

XD w00t Lo!

I think this review swung it for me: "I'm glad there are pretty pictures."

It's prices 16.53, and 3.50 to ship (to the EU), so not much more than a hardback over here to be quite honest happy.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Aug 25 2008, 03:23 PM
Post #3

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Aug 25 2008, 04:16 AM) *
XD w00t Lo!

I think this review swung it for me: "I'm glad there are pretty pictures."

It's prices 16.53, and 3.50 to ship (to the EU), so not much more than a hardback over here to be quite honest happy.gif

Yeah that David is a pretty funny guy who was a great reviewer. I don't know if this helps at all, but none of the reviewers had read it yet when they reviewed it. That gave me a giggle, though they did all watch me draw the pretty pictures. Especially David because he sat behind me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
leopold
post Aug 28 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #4

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

You did it! Nice one, Lo smile.gif

I like the link you left, direct to the checkout. Good marketing strategy, get the purchase prepared so all we need to do is click the confirm button.

I hope it works out for you.

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Aug 28 2008, 02:43 PM
Post #5

Kiefer > Jason

That's the link the site gave me, and I wasn't to bothered to get this link to the book when I made it available for sale in the middle of the night. laugh.gif

Anyway so far I've sold 1 copy to my Aunt and while that is cool lulu won't send me a check for anything until I sell two more. I hope something does come of it, but of course since I made it available to buy I had an epiphany on how to make it look better and I want to redesign it....again. Of course that all depends on if I decide to do something other than read books on my days off, and if I get this freelance job I'm "interviewing" for on Monday. I'm blathering on about nothing important now though so yeah.

--------------------

+Quote Post
leopold
post Aug 28 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #6

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

So that basically means that anyone buying this one could end up with a limited edition! Cool smile.gif

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Aug 29 2008, 02:01 AM
Post #7

Kiefer > Jason

Yeah there are already 5 people who have the limited limited addition with the 3 typos, those aren't available though.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 02:46 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!