IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Halloween Costumes, Whacha tarting yourselves up in?
froggle-rock
post Oct 26 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #1

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,174

So, me and Cheese are in IRC thinking 'bout costumes. I'm gonna be a zombie. Cheese is going along the lines of glam rock zombie or F'stien's monster Glam Rock. Curious to know whach all wearing, and f you have an pics of what you're making?

I'm going to a workshop in a bit, so will have summit when I get back.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Oct 26 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #2

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

moop and I have been planning to go as Captain Hammer and Dr Horrible since we saw Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog. happy.gif I'm Captain Hammer, obviously, since I'm the brunette. We have all of the required lab coats, goggles, hammer t-shirts, and gloves ready.

No pictures yet, but we'll probably have some after the Halloween party we're going to on Friday.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Oct 26 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #3

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

My plan for the John Constantine costume is coming along nicely, just some hair-dye and lung cancer to sort out now...

Found this in my mate's Facebook profile, Froggie, thought you might appreciate it tongue.gif

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 26 2008, 04:24 PM
Post #4

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I was originally going to be Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas, then my costume arrived and someone thought it would be a great idea to make a plus size costume in spandex. *shakes head* So then I get all the stuff to be a Chinese Opera singer, including a dress straight from Bejing, but again too small. *shakes fist* So in the end I am going to be a gothed up vampire, which just feels boring, but at least my costume fits.

Halloween I'm going to be working all day and following the night with taking pictures of trick or treaters at my store and then selling their parents those pictures in snapshot or poster size. I lead such and exciting life. lol

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Oct 26 2008, 05:38 PM
Post #5

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

The glam rock zombie costume is going well. It does involve me wearing black leather knee-length high heeled boots, and several other things intended for wearing by ladies, which can't be a bad thing.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Oct 26 2008, 06:49 PM
Post #6

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

I'm a bat
I'm a BAAAAAAAT
suck my diiiiiiiick
I'M A BAAAAAAAT

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Oct 26 2008, 08:04 PM
Post #7

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

I'm going to be a kitteh-kat.

And yes, it has to be spelt like that.
The only thing I'm missing for the costume is re-dying my hair black, and sewing my tutu. biggrin.gif

Because, you know, all cats wear tu-tus.

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Oct 26 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #8

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

: )

My roommate and I are going as crew members--we picked up glocks (fake), tuques and POWDER BLUE BUTTON-DOWNS WITH EPAULETS today for a grand total of $34 ($26 American). Iiiii-llllllllllllll!!!!

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Oct 27 2008, 12:52 AM
Post #9

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Oct 26 2008, 10:17 PM) *

My roommate and I are going as crew members--we picked up glocks (fake), tuques and POWDER BLUE BUTTON-DOWNS WITH EPAULETS today for a grand total of $34 ($26 American). Iiiii-llllllllllllll!!!!

oh yeah! Who's got the silly placed wolly hat?

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 28 2008, 02:25 AM
Post #10

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Medusa. I just have to remember how to tie a toga. Yonks of Romans knew the trick of it so it can't be that hard.

Lolo, I've a Sally dress that you're welcome to borrow. I just haven't the foggiest how to get it to you by Hallowe'en. Or which box it's living in down in storage. I sewed it up two years back. Still, the thought is there.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Oct 28 2008, 02:38 AM
Post #11

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Oct 26 2008, 08:52 PM) *
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Oct 26 2008, 10:17 PM) *

oh yeah! Who's got the silly placed wolly hat?

We both do--(canadians call them tuques) we thought it would be awkward to set up a power dynamic by assigning characters, even though everyone knows I'm captain of A squad.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Oct 30 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #12

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

It is done.

I may try to find a plain black tie rather than my piratey one, but tbh I'd like to think John would wear it if he had one like it. Ok, maybe that's just wishful thinking, but...

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
Yannick
post Oct 30 2008, 11:49 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 12,759

Eek, Halloween's tomorrow. I still have no idea what I'm going to be.

--------------------
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldnít be here if stars hadnít exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - werenít created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget God. The stars died so that you could be here today. ~Lawrence Krauss

+Quote Post
Fish Head
post Oct 31 2008, 03:03 AM
Post #14

Ace Attorney

Member No.: 1,729

After years of trying to attempt it, I'm finally going to pull off a werewolf costume. It's nothing too fancy, just putting holes in clothes and placing fake fur through the holes...

Then again... I have long claw like fingernails that I've been filing down to points for quite sometime, and my girlfriend just painted them black this morning... they're even creeping me out.

And I do have long shaggy hair...

Alright... so maybe it's a little fancy. :-P

But I've been wanting to do it.

My friends having a party... I might end up cosplaying as Ness (EarthBound) or King DeDeDe (Kirby)

--------------------
IPB Image
I haven't been on for two years O_O... I used to be VideoGameBoy9999...

And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do. You've got to go sometime...

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Oct 31 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #15

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

Halloween is celebrated a day early in the North, so I already have photos. The David Bowie Zombie look worked well I think, and only cost me a couple of quid.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
Yannick
post Nov 1 2008, 02:18 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 12,759

I was a modern pirate. Normal clothes, a bandanna, and a lightsaber that I put away when I was bored of carrying it. Lame, yeah, but cannnndy.

--------------------
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldnít be here if stars hadnít exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - werenít created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget God. The stars died so that you could be here today. ~Lawrence Krauss

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 09:32 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!