IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sales blurb, Just how far will people go to flog you something?
leopold
post Jan 13 2009, 04:26 PM
Post #1

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

As one or two of you may have picked up on already, my car is due to be replaced very soon. As a result, I've been engaging with several car manufacturers' sales brochures to see what I can get for my money. So I'm looking at the brochure for the newer version of the car I have already, and I came across this little nugget of utter desperation to sell it:

Love at first sight.

Creating a car which combines flexibility and practicality with a striking and unmistakable design is no easy task, but take just one look at the Touran and you will fall in love. The design of its front catches the eye immediately and will make your heart beat just a little bit faster, while the dynamic design extends over its sleek bodylines to the rear tailgate with striking rear light clusters. With design features like these, itís hard not to admire its stylish beauty.

So am I looking at a festival of gorgeousness in the shape of a grand tourer like a Lambo, Ferrari or Aston Martin? Nope. I'm looking at one of these.

Now it's hard to know where to start when pulling this apart, but I'll give it a go. Sleek and dynamic design? It's a bloody van with seats and windows! Attractive?? Okay, it doesn't engage the gag reflex on first view, but it's hardly a looker. And what's this with the tail lights? They get more than one mention. I think the writer has a bottom fetish. And to be fair, the only time my car has ever caused my heart to beat a little bit faster was when I unwittingly overtook a copper at a touch over the speed limit innocent.gif

So I dedicate this thread to sales blurb which is either exaggerated, unwarranted or just blatant fibs. Anyone got any others?

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Jan 13 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #2

Light On The Surface

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

Perhaps I've stumbled into the wrong thread, but 'Striking Rear Light Clusters' by Touran sounds like a possible album to me...

--------------------
the
end
is
nice
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 08:04 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!