IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2009 Meet 1: The Pre-amble to UK meet, Ground work for the first meet of 2009 in homour of returning 'zon
Smiler
post Jan 15 2009, 08:57 AM
Post #1

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,379

Right, what with Snugs and Poppa Moo returning to these hallowed web based shores I think it's high time to organise the first meet of '09 as sugested by Pixie... plus meets are fun and I've got five minutes before work starts.

Now, Pixie is away until the back end of Feb and as it'll take a month or two to organise judging by past records I shall open the bidding by proposing the following dates:

March 7th
March 21st
April 4th

Other dates for Ryn and I are awkward but feel free to suggest better ones for you and we can all squabble like kids wink.gif

Location: Discuss. Fave meet sites have been Nottingham, Liverpool and London but should we perhaps spread the love?
Requirements: Good pubs, acceptable all round eateries (veggie etc), easy accesability (mainline trains/busses). Any more?

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jan 15 2009, 09:33 AM
Post #2

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,174

Liverpool or Mancs or Notts? Not London would be good. Or rather Not Camden in London. There's like Spitafield's Market and Brick Lane that side, plus the city can be a nice walk around for the buildings and that. Or somewhere with a Lazer Quest? Because though it was a small meet it was FUNZ

happy.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Daria
post Jan 15 2009, 09:39 AM
Post #3

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

I would like to see you all! And I also propose that we drag InKy and Leo to come too. I want to see the world implode happy.gif

I am a poor student, but if I book in advance then I can get cheapy cheap cheap train tickets from Aberdeen to the end of the earth. However, it takes me about 8 hours to get anywhere (7.5 to London, 7.5 to Crewe- it all depends on how much I have to wait at one station for a change) so it would be nice if we did something a little more than stomping to Camden to find that there is nothing interesting there any more, and all the pubs are full wink.gif

How about something like Go Ape! or some other kind of climbing thingy? Being March, it might actually be a nice enough time to do something like that. OR if we fancied going somewhere weird, like Milton Keynes, then there would be lots of things- like wind tunnel, cinema, ice skating, skiing, climbing- all in one place (NB- not actually suggesting MK, but just somewhere like that).

Alternatively, you can all come to my house for tea. Aberdeen has a pretty selection of ferries and dockyard buildings, granite as far as the eye can see, and a beach.

Ahem.

Also, somewhere central, if you include where I live, would end up being somewhere like Manchester- so I propose that we either have an oop norf meet, or ignore where I live and play down south biggrin.gif As previously mentioned, it would take me the same time to get to either (it might actually take longer to get to Manchester).

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jan 15 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #4

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Not London would definitely be good. Maybe Birmingham? I think it'd be fairly easy for most people to get to for a daytime meet (except maybe Daria, but she is difficult! tongue.gif ). We could house people coming from further away as long as they were willing to leave by about 11PM (as that's when the last train is). The Chester mini-meets were fun, but that's a little more out of the way. Again, we could house people. Cath mustn't tempt me with the squeezy cheese this time, though. It causes me great gastric distress! Manchester could be good -- I've never been there. And we haven't had a Nottingham meet in aaaaages. My preference for Nottingham has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it's 20 minutes from me. wink.gif

I say no to climbing, but will sit and watch if that's what everyone else wants to do. March 7th or April 4th would probably be the best for us out of those dates. Around the 21st I will most likely be flailing my arms and assembling my indefinite leave to remain application.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Jan 15 2009, 10:27 AM
Post #5

Wait for the uprising

Anyone fancy a Late Jan meet? Nothing spectacular, just that I'll be around London from the 28th of January to the 1st of Feb and I like to see your faces.

Cand: If I was coming to Brum, I would probably go to Monty's overnight, then get a train up from there. As crazy at it might sound, it probably takes less time biggrin.gif

Manchester has really good vibes. I can't say anything more, because I was only there for a few hours last year when I went to an LCD Soundsystem gig. It was worth the trip biggrin.gif

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jan 15 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #6

omno-ahhhhhhh!

BIRMINGHAM! YUS! YUS! Because we can go for curry and I could offer a sofa space to a few peoples and I could see my aunt too because I missed her coming to Londonia over Christmas.

So yes. Brum XD

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jan 15 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #7

My direction

Member No.: 495

I could hypothetically do any of those dates, though I work weekends and only get told which day 2 weeks in advance, so is provisional on shift arrangements. Birmingham works for me also, but I'm happy to travel biggrin.gif And I luff Go Ape but I can totally see why other people might not happy.gif

I'd come see you end of Jan, Beccles, but I'm'a be at the Brighton Tatt convention.

(Hello! I am still alive biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jan 15 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #8

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

I can't do either March date but the other date is fine....so far smile.gif It's my friend's birthday in Nottingham so I may be up that way so perhaps a meet in Nottingham that weekend would be good???? Nothing's been decided yet so I can't say for certain.

I don't mind where we meet up. I have friends in Birmingham, Manchester and London way so all's good biggrin.gif

I'll be popping on Matazone while I'm away to keep a track of things.

Huzzah for the next meet smile.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jan 15 2009, 11:39 AM
Post #9

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

*high fives Frog* BIRMINGHAM!

We need a hypnotizing smiley. @_@

Becky - we'd love to go down to London around that time to meet up with you, but can't really do so this month. sad.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jan 15 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #10

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Birmingham sounds fine to me - it's been a while since we did one in that area.

I suspect that the very start of March is going to be better for me - I think that work is planning to devour my life for two months from around that time onwards and I can't promise I would have my weekends free.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Jan 15 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #11

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

Either March date is good, April probably not, but you never know.

Birmingham is easy for me, Manchester is even easier (though just 'cos I live here don't expect me to know where things are or have suggestions of where to go or anything).

Becky: London end of Jan might be okay. I'm at a gig on the 30th but the weekend is free.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Jan 15 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #12

Wait for the uprising

Well, I can't offer accommodation in London and I probably won't be staying the night- BUT funstuff yay!

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Jan 15 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #13

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

Okay, I'll mark it down as possible.

Also, frogg mentioned laser quest. I second this. Not that I just really want to get you all in a darkened room and shoot at you ph34r.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Jan 15 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #14

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

Theoretically if I could save up the money for a flight I could make the March 7th date wink.gif

Don't put bets on that one though.

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Jan 15 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #15

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I can do any of the dates and I'd prefer a B'ham meet. I could provide some accommodation if people don't mind getting the train out to Kiddie (I think a single is about 2.50ish) and depending on how cosy you mind getting any more than one or two people it would be floor based sleeping arrangements but it would give me a good reason to tidy my spare room!!

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jan 15 2009, 06:56 PM
Post #16

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Okay, so anyone have any objections to Birmingham?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Jan 16 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #17

Light On The Surface

Member No.: 91

Birmingham on the 7th of March? Yeah, count me in. It's been a while.

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
Daria
post Jan 16 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #18

Wait for the uprising

I'm cool for Birmingham on the 7th!

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Jan 16 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #19

Light On The Surface

I am, right now, in the process of booking holiday for the very event, so you'd better not go changing it, else I'll be having a very lonely afternoon in Brum.

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Jan 16 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #20

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Member No.: 1,379

Blimey, we almost have consensus... erm ish. Will check with the missus.
Early March aslo seems to be fin e(apart from Pixie sad.gif)

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Jan 16 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #21

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Member No.: 535

The first weekend in April is my HEN NIGHT YOU GIT!!!!!!!!! SO hopefully a fair few female matazonians might be gracing london anyway

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jan 19 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #22

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

QUOTE (Daria @ Jan 15 2009, 09:39 AM) *
And I also propose that we drag InKy and Leo to come too. I want to see the world implode happy.gif

Sorry to disappoint, Daria, but the chances of me attending a meet are one in zero. There's more chance of a woman Pope.

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Daria
post Jan 19 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #23

Wait for the uprising

QUOTE (leopold @ Jan 19 2009, 10:12 AM) *
QUOTE (Daria @ Jan 15 2009, 09:39 AM) *
And I also propose that we drag InKy and Leo to come too. I want to see the world implode happy.gif

Sorry to disappoint, Daria, but the chances of me attending a meet are one in zero. There's more chance of a woman Pope.

But... there has already been a female pope. Hence the chair. *bottom lip starts to quiver*

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Jan 19 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #24

Light On The Surface

It's OK, Daria. If you like, I can pretend to be leo for a while.

"Blah blah blah, grumpy Northerner, I hate Rihanna, blah blah blah"

Uncanny, I'm sure you'll agree.

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jan 20 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #25

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Wow, it's like looking in a mirror. Only hairier. tongue.gif

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 08:05 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!