IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
> Celebrity death, I was well shocked, me.
leopold
post Jun 26 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #1

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

I was watching the news late last night and I was shocked to hear of the death of a famous celebrity.

Their career started in the mid 60's and through the next couple of decades their fame and fortune knew no bounds. It all started to go sour towards the 90's and nobody has heard or seen much of them in many a year, save for the odd picture in those celebrity dross magazines showing off their latest bout of failed plastic surgery.

Yesterday, they passed away. I'm sure you are all with me in prayer for this fallen idol.

RIP Farrah Fawcett.

Oh, and some dude called Michael Jackson died as well.

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mata
post Jun 28 2009, 01:40 AM
Post #2

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Don't worry Leo, I know what you meant smile.gif I'd heard a couple of people that day saying 'But what about Farrah Fawcett?' and I couldn't help but feel that there was some kind of post-modern 'all celebrity deaths are equal' going on, and I had heard the comparison made to Lady Diana and Mother Teresa!

The news about Michael Jackson didn't really make me sad in a particularly concrete way. I think it's a shame that this great performer died at a low point in his career but when the future held so much promise. I doubt he was ever going to do an Elvis-style comeback to becoming culturally relevent again, the way hee was in the 80s, but it was possible and now we'll never know. He will always be one of the most important musical figures of the last century, it's just a great shame that the last major event in his life were the child abuse trials. Obviously, it's better that this happened after his acquital, but it still isn't a fitting end... Or perhaps it does fit the strangeness of the rest of his life.

It's odd: for a while he could have had anything in the world, but at the same time it seems like he never really had a chance to be human.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 07:30 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!