Forum Rules 
> Cars and carbon neutrality
Mata
post Jun 28 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #1

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

So, I've finally given in to the horror that is car ownership. For people that are bothered about such things, it's a Y-reg Ford Focus, 73k miles, and more importantly is coloured green.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/photo.ph...mp;id=582916905

I filled it up with petrol and felt pretty horrible about the fact that I am burning a substance that took millions of years to come into existence, so can anyone recommend a good site where I can fund the planting of trees or other projects to try and get some carbon footprint neutrality?

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Daria
post Jun 29 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #2

Wait for the uprising

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,735

*muttermutterCarbon offsetting is mostly a load of bollocks used by governments and car companies to make you think that what they do is ok. Landrover, I'm looking at you heremuttermutter*
There are lots of websites like this one that allow you to buy trees fer plantin'. You might want to consider donating to a local forest or parkland for the upkeep of what they already have as it's something both local to you and can be enjoyed by people as well as helping the environment.
Other tiny but important things like making sure you have good tyres, driving sensibly, ensuring the engine and exhaust are up to top spec etc etc can ensure that your car is using the minimum amount of fuel- happier for your wallet as well as the environment.

And yes, what Leo said! Electricity generators ftw. Solar panels can also be excellent and pretty awesomely space-age- although obviously you'd have to have a big discussion with your landlord if you rent.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 02:51 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!