Forum Rules 
> Never Had This Problem before
patback87
post Sep 30 2009, 03:05 AM
Post #1

Obsessive

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,680

I applied for a job in NYC back at the beginning July when I wasn't sure if my job was secured at Springer. I just got an e-mail to come in for an interview for a night time assistant. Someone I was talking to me got me thinking about how I could moonlight since I do technically work during the day. I have replied asking for more information, such as hours and if it was temporary or full time. I need some advice from people; I mean the odds that I could really balance two full time jobs are probably pretty slim. My thinking is that if it was just temporary I could probably balance it for like 3 months or so. The reason it's such a big deal is that not only do I want to work and live in NYC, and the company works on network shows for networks like Showtime, MTV, VH1, and TruTV and it would be a good opportunity to make some big connections. My other option is that I may tell them that I'm currently unavailable but I will be available after May, again how should I approach it? I've never been in this position. Of course I don't know the full details and it could be a bad fit right now and I don't know what will come up in the future. I also don't really want to leave my job at Springer, the head editor chose to hire me over other people so I wouldn't feel right about it. I will be out of work for like 2 months in the summer and will be looking for a job in NYC if it pays as well as Springer I would leave Springer to work there since I would rather work in NYC not Stamford. Any thoughts?

--------------------
user posted image
The Blender Radio
"'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood?" -Ralph Waldo Emerson "Self-Reliance"
"It's cozy if your Hanibal Lector." - Ace Ventura
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 04:27 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!