Forum Rules 
> Wisdom Teefses?
Pikasyuu
post Feb 8 2011, 04:18 AM
Post #1

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

those of you in iRC have already heard me crying about it, but..
I'm getting my wisdom teeth out next Tuesday and am a little worried about the general anesthesia etc. Any stories on what happened when you got yours out? Positive mantras? And Mata, if you're reading this thread, you worked some magic with my 2006 what-to-picture-in-the-way-of-positive-thinking airplane crisis, so feel free to write another one. ;)

Thanks, guys~

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
voices_in_my_hea...
post Feb 9 2011, 05:08 AM
Post #2

If my woman were a fire...

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE (SPEAKERfortheLOST @ Feb 8 2011, 09:30 PM) *
Though I have been curious, do you have a birthmark on your left ankle or did I just leave Chelsey Mk. II in that first tank too long?

Mine's more towards my left knee. The copy may have gotten a bit wonky during the translation process.

Syuu - I just told my surgeon before we started that I had anxiety issues/panic attacks, so they put me completely under to avoid any potential freak-outs or generally panicking. They'll likely ask you before about any meds/medical problems that you have, and it's exactly for that reason - if you have any problems that may cause an unpleasant experience or complications, they'll know exactly what to do. Apparently, they generally try to do it with people still awake but drugged up because it's marginally safer somehow that way. If they do put you under like they did me, they just put a little mask over your face and you breathe normally, and feel really relaxed (and, in my case, fall asleep) within minutes.

I did get a bit scared when I woke up on the way home because I was confused as to why I was in the car - to me, I had literally just been inside the dentist office. Waking up from anethesia is kinda like waking up after accidentally falling asleep somewhere strange - you're disoriented and bit confused as to how you got where you are. So long as you're with someone to explain to you what's going on (and, assuming that you're not planning on driving while drugged up, you will) then it shouldn't be a problem. smile.gif

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 07:44 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!