IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anti-mtv Movement, the battle against conformity...
kidvicious2punk
post Jul 25 2003, 09:03 PM
Post #76

word

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 359

meh i want to join...screw avril laveen!! mad.gif

--------------------
salviadivinorum.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Jul 25 2003, 09:33 PM
Post #77

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

conform to be a non-comformist... heh... whats so wrong with avril... i dont like her because of her music but thats not a reason to yel "screw avril" or anyother "pop punk" right now it seems that everyone is so full of themselves and think there the real "punk" that it means didly squat. f__k the lables man be yourself stop trying to "conform as a non conformist" it doesnt make you cool at all. really your just going with the crowd and basicly playing "follow the leader".

[editted by lolo: the f-bomb has been difused carry on]

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
elf
post Jul 25 2003, 09:49 PM
Post #78

disappear with the wandering wind

Group: New Members
Member No.: 294

QUOTE (kidvicious2punk @ Jul 25 2003, 02:03 PM)
meh i want to join...screw avril laveen!! mad.gif

i hate avril cuz she's a poser and her music is trash. i don't think i'm a punk, i think i'm an individualist and i have my own ideas, and i don't believe in labels either.

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Jul 25 2003, 10:30 PM
Post #79

word

Member No.: 359

i agree...

ppl r like..y do you call avril a poser when you copied her style?

dude..she copied my style...dam i dont even have a style

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post
MoonlightSavings...
post Jul 26 2003, 01:20 AM
Post #80

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Member No.: 383

QUOTE (hinsley @ Jul 25 2003, 01:30 PM)
Also every channel has adverts, they need to be there to keep it running.

Yeah, but MTV devotes way more of its time to commercials than to anything else. The shows they have aren't even very high-quality (re: TRL).

it has programs like jackass and stuff on too but so other people will watch the channel and they get more money, which they need to keep it running.

Although it's kind of self-defeating and overwhelming when these non-music-related shows begin to dominate a channel that claims to be devoted to music. The least MTV could do is change their name and quit pretending they're a "music" channel.

And honestly, when everything being done is only for the money, then what's the point anymore? This is part of why people are complaining. If people agree to stop watching and stop supporting the madness, then MTV may decide to change its ways, or at the very least, they'll lose some money from the viewers they're losing.

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

+Quote Post
elf
post Aug 8 2003, 04:45 AM
Post #81

BUMP again. x_x; i love digging up my old threads. keke.

--------------------

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Aug 8 2003, 11:54 PM
Post #82

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

yep yep yep... i told you i was lazy liz... well... heres your list...

elf, co-founder
cheese, co-founder
the lil' pie fairy, the official smiter of the anti-mtv movement
candice, executive assassin
tarantio, The Evil Overlord of Crowd Control Devices and 'LESS' Lethal Weaponry
robo trash, the unofficial anti-mtv anti-mascot
evilspatula, the Nonconforming Spatula of Evil
mis an thropy, the legal representative of the cause against mtv and popular culture
kidvicious2punk, pop star assasin

and thats it so far...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
elf
post Aug 10 2003, 10:23 PM
Post #83

QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Aug 8 2003, 04:54 PM)
yep yep yep... i told you i was lazy liz... well... heres your list...

elf, co-founder
cheese, co-founder
the lil' pie fairy, the official smiter of the anti-mtv movement
candice, executive assassin
tarantio, The Evil Overlord of Crowd Control Devices and 'LESS' Lethal Weaponry
robo trash, the unofficial anti-mtv anti-mascot
evilspatula, the Nonconforming Spatula of Evil
mis an thropy, the legal representative of the cause against mtv and popular culture
kidvicious2punk, pop star assasin

and thats it so far...

ty XD happy.gif NOW EVERYONE ELSE, JOIN ALREADY!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkLunacy
post Aug 11 2003, 09:22 AM
Post #84

Worrying

Member No.: 511

MTV... At one time it was hailed by all teens AGAINST conformity and played halfway decent videos... Wait it DID play videos. MTV stood for Music Television. No it stands simply for Mediocre (SP... I know it) Telivision. What the hell does 8 whinney teenagers with too much money on a roadtrip from hell have to do with music. Road Rules/Real World used to come on once a week at 10. Now they come on every day. Its sad too... I can't stand it... I tune in cause I head they have a rock block and what do my eyes see? They burn at the site of a prep... wearing an Ozzy shirt... making the sacred symbol of the horns... and playing Filter... And my brothers I did weep at this site. Then this no tallent clown Avril "I Wish I Were Punk" Lavine comes out and trys to sing about punk acts and ends up being nothing more than a false bubblegum pop prophit. I want the old MTV back... before Carson EDITing Daily and preps requesting metal songs... Oh god... Before Woodstock 99... Oh man... excuse me -runs off sniffing-

--------------------
Remember,
If its something I wouldn't do.... Damn what are you doing?

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half-full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls"

"Order some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get outta this place alive..."

"How long could we maintain? I wondered. How long until one of us starts raving and jabbering at this boy? What will he think then? This same lonely desert was the last known home of the Manson family; will he make that grim connection when my attorney starts screaming about bats and huge manta rays coming down on the car? If so, well, we'll just have to cut his head off and bury him somewhere, 'cause it goes without saying that we can't turn him loose. He'd report us at once to some kind of outback Nazi law enforcement agency and they'll run us down like dogs. Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me? "

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Aug 11 2003, 09:35 AM
Post #85

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

Hence the birth of MTC2 and Kerrang TV.

I don't like pop music myself but thats just my taste. I too prefer rock/metal/punk but pop music stands for popular music...meaning its listenind to by a large audience. They like to listen to their own music too and although we think their music is shite, we can't force them into listening to Slayer.
Let them have their pop music and lets all stop moaning!

This post has been edited by WeeJ: Aug 11 2003, 09:37 AM

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Aug 11 2003, 09:48 AM
Post #86

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

although I gotta admit...your MTV sounds very different from our MTV. Then again, I only see MTV at my friends house every so oftern so I should probably have kept my little rant to myself.

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Aug 11 2003, 09:54 AM
Post #87

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Teh MTV is teh evil. But teh Daria is teh shiznit.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Aug 11 2003, 10:59 PM
Post #88

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

i really dont care what kind of music is played on MTV, for i care not about musical opinions (cept when the other opinion is givin by d-man, but that is for another thread). i hate mtv for the stated facts... its "music television" with very little music played... it should be renamed to RTV, or "reality television" because of the countless hours of the "reality" of 8 beautiful people given a large house and money and the opportunity to do whatever they want, while coping with a little drama.... yep yep yep... gotta love that reality.... but theres no music being played... TRL? <laughs like a maniac> riiiiiiight... a good 5 minutes of videos played in a what, 1 hour time slot? yep yep, gotta love that... and i think mtv plays random videos at some point in the day, playing the same videos they played in TRL, and not really playing anything else....

whew... that was a long post... long for me at least...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Dec 5 2003, 07:41 PM
Post #89

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Member No.: 29

*bump*

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 06:41 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!