Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disowning...
elf
post Jul 26 2003, 08:37 PM
Post #1

disappear with the wandering wind

Group: New Members
Member No.: 294

I was thinking (if you've ever read my posts in the Abuse thread) that I don't want my future children to have any contact with my parents, because I doubt they'll understand what they did to me when I was young (i.e., NOW) even then. I don't even want them to know where I live. D'you think this is cruel and evil of me to think of sort of disowning my parents, or should I just forgive and forget later in life?

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Jul 26 2003, 08:40 PM
Post #2

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

No, not at all. I'll be doing the exact same thing when I'm up and out of the house. My father's already disowned me, so no issue there, and my mom herself has a lot of issues she needs to work through before keeping contact with me on a regular basis once I'm gone. Parents aren't perfect. In fact, usually very far from it, and I say go you for having the guts to understand and be able to let them go because of some awful experiences from them you've had.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Jul 26 2003, 08:42 PM
Post #3

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Member No.: 29

If you truly feel that strongly hateful towards your parents, it your decision really.....

*hug*

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 26 2003, 08:43 PM
Post #4

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

It isn't cruel, elf. What's being done to you now is what is cruel, and it's a shame you have to live like that. But you won't have to forever, and your children won't have to know the pain you know. Do what you feel you need to about your parents when it comes time for that decision to be made, and don't look back.

+Quote Post
elf
post Jul 26 2003, 08:43 PM
Post #5

disappear with the wandering wind

Member No.: 294

QUOTE (Sun Tsu @ Jul 26 2003, 01:42 PM)
If you truly feel that strongly hateful towards your parents, it your decision really.....

*hug*

It's not hatred. It's bitter resentment, a la Snape vs. the MWPP (Moony Wormtail Padfoot Prongs)

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jul 26 2003, 08:52 PM
Post #6

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Elf, I know EXACTLY how ya feel, honey! I dislike me parents so much I dun even let them have access to me, let alone any offspring I may have in the future.

I've read a lot of what ya posted in the abuse thread (an some other references elsewhere) an I think yer parents have long since waived their right to anythin ya do in yer life once ya get to the age where ya can legally leave. I think it's a shame that this kinda thing happens at all; parents have an awesome responsibility when it comes to raisin kids, an yer parents have buggered it up completely...

Now, I'm gonna move this to Issues, cos I firmly believe it's better placed there...

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
reaper
post Jul 26 2003, 10:37 PM
Post #7

I live again......

Member No.: 358

you are not evil for that, if anyone is evil it is your parents. Anyone with a child in my opinion is the richest person in the world because they have someone to look up to them, someone who charishes there input, someone who always runs to them when they need a shoulder and most importantly someone to be the number one friend. Somewhere alogn the lines your parents either forgot what that word ment or just dont (forgive the language) give a sh*t. I dont blame you for disowning them and if I were you I would not stay there any longer then I had to and on a more personal note if you ever need someone to talk to I am always here for ya, k

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Jul 27 2003, 12:53 AM
Post #8

I post more than I speak

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 116

your parents suck for what they have done to you elf... they really suck and you deserve much better... i say when you get a little older (like when your old enough to have your own your own place that they dont know about) you call and tell them how much they have fucked with you and made you feel like shit... and then DEMAND an apology, if they dont give it to you, never make contact with them again, thats it, not another word to them in any form, its all they diserve, they dont deserve a daughter like you at this point....

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
wolfbane
post Jul 28 2003, 10:56 AM
Post #9

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 74

I think you'd be making the right decision in not allowing them access to your children elf. They have long ago waived the right to be regarded as parents, and I don't think that anything you do with regards to cutting them off would be wrong. It's a strong and tough decision to have to make, and I think you're a strong person for making it.

--------------------
~ Last night you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me....do it again ~
I am an innocent anti-minion and my ass belongs to Free Psycho..apparently
I have two vodka imps called Lith and Xan who I will train to make snakebite and black. Don't mess with them.
user posted image This is my acid bunny. I shall call him fluffykins (cos it really pisses him off)

People screaming can I be dreaming
Is this the truth I can't tell
Whether this is heaven or hell
Wolfbane and the sound of a silver bell ~ 'Spiritual Law', Slayer. Inky's song dedication

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 03:52 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!