Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Current Affairs, warning, Xandra the Blue VS Christians
Xandra the Blue
post Aug 27 2003, 10:35 PM
Post #1

Super advanced member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 504

I don't know whether this goes under issues or not, but because it's so stupid, I'll put it under daily life.

Okay, I have, for the last few days, have heard a lot of bad stuff in the news. Okay, not so unusual, but, well, I dunno. It just seemed worse for some reason. Has anyone helse heard about the the autist child which a bunch of christians killed in the name of god? Okay, not in a weird, Voo doo way (no offence to any voo doo-ists here) but basciacally they wrapped him up in blankets so he would stop moving when they Exsorsiced him, and they basciacally killed him. And what did they say? They used God as an excuse. The poor kid's dead, and why? because those christians refused to believe that God had made him that way, and would rather believe that instead of seeking medical help, beating and binding the boy would be a better idea. I mean, what the hell?

And then, today I heard about a hundreds, if not thousands of christians making a fuss because someone removed a statue of the ten commandments from a court. I mean, I know what religious importance the ten commandments have to christians (I aced my religious studies GCSE) but I just wanted to tell them, "How dare you! How dare you cry and gnash your teeth as if they were traking away the bloody sacred ark from jerusalem (which I would understand, but they weren't. It was a statue of the ten commandments, not the origional ones.), but then you think it's all right to kill a kid who's only sin was a/ to be born and b/ to be autistic?"

And then, again, in America, how hasn't heard about the twins kept in the cages? It took four months (correct my extrteamly wrong facts guys!)for anyone to do anything about it. I's just stupid. Those people cared more about a book and a lump of rock than human lives! AND WHAT GETS MY EDITING GOAT IS THEY CLAIM TO BE SOOO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYONE! They say christ makes them human, but they took a human life, one of the things that was written on that lump of rock that it said not to do, under any circumstances. It doesn't matter if it's a child whose has "demons" in them. It just doesn't!

Please, please can anyone explain to me (although I think I allready have an idea of the answer)why, if these people are so much more moral, and human and generally supposedly better than any one else, why they permit such acts of hypocrasy? Didn't jesus say, "do not do as the pharasisses( lets just say that they are the hgypocrits for the sake of argument) do?" in Matthew? The christians who were protesting the removal of the ten command ments were doing just what the pharacises did. They wept and wailed in public for god, they made themselves untidy and just were generally hypocritical.

Okay, so after getting really, really angry about it (shouting down the house to a loud rock song, my poor parents.....official apologises all around.) I just sat down and cried about it. Okay, it doesn't do much good, and it doesn't help anyone, but I sat their and cried. I just cried and cried about it and I sorta prayed. Not in any good way, I learned a few prayers at my school, but they were just habbit. I didn't really know them as prayers, or even what they were about really. I just talked to whatevers up their, where it's sky and rocks or some entity, and I found myself wishing that if the entity up their was listening, that it would look after all those kids hurt by those people. It sounds so sappy and american melodrama-esk, but i did. I don't know whether a god listened or not, so I was wondering, anyone else feel like that after hearing about all this, or was it just me crying out for them to be safe?

Sorry, i've ranted now. apologises for the extream crappiness of spelling, grammar and so on. I was just so angry for what they did.

--------------------
wanna read something odd? Visit My Little Twisted Mind

Smart alecs caught trespassing on my land will be shot. Very painfully.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Aug 27 2003, 10:42 PM
Post #2

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

I think you're being a little unfair to Christians as a whole - though I'm sure you mean only those specific few Christians who annoy us so.
For the record, I don't think they should have the Ten Commandments in government buildings, because it's a government endorsement of a religion. I can't comment on the thing with the twins (fear my speaking skills!) because I haven't heard anything specific about it.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Xandra the Blue
post Aug 27 2003, 10:47 PM
Post #3

Super advanced member

I know I am. I'm sorry I am. I know some good christains. My best friend is a good, loving, accepting, brilliant christain. You know, the kind that Jesus would point to and say, 'she shall be a fisher of men' (or at least thats what I think), and many others, but my run-in's with general chritianity have been, to say, at best apathetic and at worst just bad.

Sorry good chritians! You know what I mean whan I say Good christains. The kind that live to the bible and love god (rather than using him as an excuse to be edit-holes), but don't treat other people like shite.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Aug 27 2003, 10:49 PM
Post #4

Candbrush Threepwood

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 345

First off, precisely what do you mean by "It sounds so sappy and american melodrama-esk?" Just curious.

Okay, now back on-topic. This sort of thing irritates me as well. The Ten Commandments being taken out of a courtroom is a good thing. Separation of church and state is a very good thing. I want to smack people who whine about there being no prayer in schools. The same people are always ranting about how homosexual marriage shouldn't be allowed. The only reason to not allow it being religious reasons..and we're back to that separation. It should be separate.

Those people who killed the autistic boy should be seriously ashamed of themselves and stop shielding themselves with God as an excuse. I hate when people do that. A girl I knew for 10+ years wasn't allowed to come to my wedding because it was an interracial marriage and her stepmother insists that isn't natural, and God made people different for a reason. rolleyes.gif That editting edit. She is merely using her religion as an excuse for her intense racism.

I have no problem with Christianity, mind you. I know some very decent, kind Christians who actually do live by the golden rule and seem more intent on following the more tolerant, kind aspects of their scripture rather than finding ways of hating people and using their religion as an excuse.

I also hate that whole holier-than-thou mentality that some people seem to possess. I cannot understand that reasoning. No one religion is better than other religions. It's just a matter of personal choice, and what gives the follower fulfillment in their own life. None of them know for certain that they are correct, so none should be viewed as better. Blah. I could go on forever on this subject....but I won't.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Aug 27 2003, 11:01 PM
Post #5

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Xandra the Blue @ Aug 27 2003, 03:35 PM)
I don't know whether this goes under issues or not, but because it's so stupid, I'll put it under daily life.

I think this is more of an issue so off to issues it goes.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Xandra the Blue
post Aug 27 2003, 11:31 PM
Post #6

Super advanced member

candice Posted on Aug 27 2003, 11:49 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off, precisely what do you mean by "It sounds so sappy and american melodrama-esk?" Just curious.

I mean that what I said sounded like I was about to come out with some really horrible sounding melodramtic stament that tends to turn up in the imported American meldodrama's to Britains. In Britian we don't make great emotion speechs wqhen we're on TV. We shout at people and throw irons at them.

gets pelted with irons

Stop it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Aug 27 2003, 11:32 PM
Post #7

I forgot my socks

Member No.: 417

Don't apologize for your beliefs, hon *hugs* I don't blame you for being upset. Mind you, this is all coming from the fingers of a raised-Lutheran-now-neo-pagan....I taught Sunday school for 2 years, was the assisting minister of my church for 3 1/2 years, participated in Lenten services, read the bible, and listened to Christian rock in junior high and high school. Not because I particularly believed in it, mind you...my mother was raised Right-wing (read: Missouri Synod) Lutheran and my stepdad was raised Catholic (although thankfully, he wasn't too thrilled about it), so I was an avid church participator because I had to be...and because I liked doing something other than hanging out at home. *shrug* I agree with a lot of the precepts of the Christian religion...mostly because I agree with most of the precepts of "be a decent person", and almost every popular religion in the world today (and most of the ones from antiquity) follows those precepts. Every major religion has its "golden rule"..even Wicca and other forms of Earth-magic worship. If more so-called 'Christians' would actually follow the teachings of the person they named their religion after, the religion wouldn't be so fraught with lemmingisms, covert and overt controls. Christ himself told people not to be Christians, but you don't see too many of his followers listening to that particular advice. He taught forgiveness, kindness, caring for onesself and others, fellowship with one's neighbors both locally and abroad, patience, and humility.

The biggest problem is that government got ahold of Christianity and twisted it. By government, I'm referring to the Church. I'm not saying "the Roman-catholic church" or "The Vatican" or any of that, because the Church was never just one centralized entity. What I'm referring to is the (mostly European) form of social government that the Church represented. For centuries, the Church held more power than the local ruling official or even the King or Emperor (considering many Kings and Emperors were cowed by the church into following the church's demands). When I say the Church, I am talking about the Ruling Power that realized that humans' need for guidance and spiritual comfort gave them the in to enormous opportunities for power...it in itself became a movement not for Christianity, but for control and self-aggrandizement. By controlling the spiritual needs of the populace, the Church accrued massive amounts of power and continued to use that power to further their control of the people.

I may be blasted for these views of mine, but I've been sadly disillusioned by what I've heard, seen, and learned through study of the Church during the past and the present. There is nothing wrong with Christianity any more than there is something fundamentally wrong with Confucianism, Buddhism, Taoism, Wicca, or any other religion. It's a valid religion with numerous ideals that are great to follow. But the Church, on the other hand, is (in my opinion) a venial, power-mad, backwards, closed-minded hulk of man's basest nature. And unfortunately, the "Christianity" that most of today's Christians seem to follow is not the worship of Christ, but the worship of the Church. And that...is where things have gone so wrong.

I should shut up before someone tries to burn me at the stake..

--------------------
If I was a zombie, I would be back from the dead. As it is, I'm just back!

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 28 2003, 04:41 AM
Post #8

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

(entering pissed off Jesus freak mode)

I really hate how all these goddamned people are using the name of our Lord to justify these horrible, horrible acts. It makes me sick. Jesus did NOT die so his name could be used to persecute others. They make the rest of us look horrible. It's hard enough trying to be who I am as both a Chrisian and an Alternative, but these assholes make it worse. I look to the sky and cry sometimes about why this has to go on. Why do we have people protesting outside stripclubs and sex shops? Why are there churches that preach about how homosexuals should be put to death? Why do people hate people of other races and claim that God is on their side? HAVE ANY OF THESE SONS OF WHORES EVER ASKED WHAT THE HELL JESUS WOULD DO?!?! Here's some scripture for you:

"In all things, do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

"Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, all of your soul and all of your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. The second is like it. Love your neighbor as yourself. On these two hang all the laws and prophets."

The red indicaated that Jesus said these things and, frankly, if Jesus says this, to Hell with all of this stupid religious dogma. You wanna hear a story? My friend Billie has a pseudo-religious family. Her dad took everything in her room, put it in a pile and burned it because he didn't want a "devil-worshipping lesbian" living in his house. First of all, how goddamn evangelical of him. I'm sure Billie's just rushing to be a Christian now. More importantly, upon hearing this, I looked my brother (Rick) and said, "You. Me. Punching bag. Now." I started wailing on that thing screaming scripture at the top of my lungs. It was then God wispered to me, "If you know better, why don't you show them?" That was the day I decided to become a minister. All these bastards that claim to be Christians are just pole-huggers that are so insecure about their Faith that they have to go pushing their beliefs on everyone else. By the way, because of her father, Billie is close-minded about Christianity, however she had her horizons broadened when my family took her in when she had no place to live. During the "sheep go to heaven, goats go to hell" speech, Jesus, concernng the sheep, said "...And the Son of Man will say, 'Come and enter..I was a stranger and you took me in..." And they will ask, 'When, Lord? When did we see You...a stranger and take You in...?' and the Son of Man will say, 'What you have done for the least of these, you have done for Me.'" However, concerning the goats, he said, "...The Son of Man will say, 'Away with you, for...I was a stranger and you did not take me in...' and the goats will say, 'When, Lord? When did we see you...a stranger and not take you in...?' and the Son of Man will say, 'What you have not done for the least of these you have not done for me.'" I sincerely wish more Christians would take that to heart. I know no one is perfect, but there's a limit. My mom doesn't approve of homosexuality, but she won't go around telling everyone they're going to Hell. Why? Because she knows that that's not the best way to do things. That's no way to bring others into the Faith. I assume that's what these assholes are trying to do by shoving morality down people's throats. Goddamn bastards. I hate that whole mentality. THat's why at my church, we're gonna have services for people who get crap from pseudo-Christians who use God's name for their own sick puropses.

(exiting pissed-off Jesus freak mode)

Wow. I feel better. I would like to thank God for sending his Son into the world, Jesus for being such a cool guy and Saint Matthew for taking such good notes.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 28 2003, 04:43 AM
Post #9

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

"Everything that we think God has in his mind necessarily proceeds from our own mind; it is what we imagine to be in God's mind, and it is really difficult for human intelligence to guess at a divine intelligence. What we usually end up with by this sort of reasoning is to make God the color-sergeant of our army and to make Him as chauvinistic as ourselves." -Lin Yutang

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Aug 28 2003, 03:05 PM
Post #10

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

I think the situation here is that there's some very sick wrong-headed folk in the world, and unfortunately for Christianity as a whole, some of them claim in loud voices to be Christians.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Aug 28 2003, 03:21 PM
Post #11

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

QUOTE (Jonman @ Aug 28 2003, 04:05 PM)
I think the situation here is that there's some very sick wrong-headed folk in the world, and unfortunately for Christianity as a whole, some of them claim in loud voices to be Christians.

Yes it is a shame as I might still have a favourable view of Christianity if I hadn't encountered so much hypocrisy (sp?). I have nothing anything Christians believing what they believe, you're entitled to believe what you want but I don't like the dogma of Christianity. Such a shame when Jesus was such a lovely person!

Off topic slightly, having said all that I wouldn't be a Christian as I don't believe Christianity caters for me, if you will smile.gif I like the yin and yang aspects, duality, male and female, etc., etc. You can't have one without the other, blah, blah, blah. I don't want to get into a theological debate.....been there done that! smile.gif

On topic, apparently Mars in really near the earth at the moment and, as it's the planet of War, there will be lots of angriness and conflict and violence at present. Might also make you feel confrontational and generally just fed up. That teamed with my PMT at present really isn't good! dry.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 10:31 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!