IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Using Fonts/colours/sizes For The First Time.
Mr Fuzzy
post Oct 1 2003, 11:47 PM
Post #1

This space intentionally left blank

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203

Little tip for those new to Invision based boards...

When you use the buttons to set a font, size, or colour, click the button again after typing your post. Either that or use the 'Close all tags' link. The board won't accept the setting unless you do.

Edit: If you do feel the urge to use colours, be gentle on my eyes - light colours really don't work for text, and it's awkward having to highlight posts to read them.

This post has been edited by Mr Fuzzy: Nov 4 2003, 02:10 PM

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Oct 10 2003, 03:10 AM
Post #2

si hoc legere scis ninium eruditionis habes

Group: New Members
Member No.: 252

didn't someone find all the colors you could make awhile back ago? hmmm.... ponders

--------------------
You are a wealthy crook and want to take over the world, you:

[A] Steal the secret plans to the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative and hold the world ransom for $1,000,000,000.
[B] Own Microsoft
[C] Plant subliminal messages in the news Tom Brokaw reads every night: "(((send $1 to PO Box 426, Missoula, MT 59806)))"
[D] Capture the only man in the universe who can stop you, tell him your plans, then place him in an easily escapable situation with an air duct linking him to every country in the Northern Hemisphere and leave him alone.

+Quote Post
quietphyscho
post Nov 2 2003, 03:29 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 694

[FONT=Impact][COLOR=orange]I think I can... I think I can... I think I can

--------------------
I live in my own little world... but that's OK everybody knows me here.

+Quote Post
quietphyscho
post Nov 2 2003, 03:31 AM
Post #4

I will type in orange impact! I will, I must!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
quietphyscho
post Nov 2 2003, 03:33 AM
Post #5

*Breaks into the Alliouiah chorus* Wow my self esteem just jumped 5 points

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Dec 30 2003, 08:43 PM
Post #6

Is conformity, consumption, and obedience really that bad?

Member No.: 644

Yhat's what Fuzzy means by hard to read.

--------------------
Still around, just lurking.

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Dec 30 2003, 08:47 PM
Post #7

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Member No.: 649

is this hard to read?tongue.gif

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post
magikeyes14
post Dec 31 2003, 12:11 AM
Post #8

in the end there is only me.. *CENSORED*

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 492

anyone know what all the colors are? cuz i've been wondering that for a while.......

--------------------
Forever Forbidden
take me into the darkness..........

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Dec 31 2003, 02:27 AM
Post #9

lets see...

magenta
maroon
beige
[colour=love]krys *giggles*[/color]
sienna
aqua
indigo

mess around. if your not sure its a color you can always hit the preview post button.

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Jan 1 2004, 11:41 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (acidteardrop @ Dec 30 2003, 03:46 PM)
is this hard to read?tongue.gif

yes as is this dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Jan 2 2004, 01:34 AM
Post #11

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

Teal
crimson
gold
silver

Yeah just experiment with colors you like, chances are you will get something out of it. Yep.

+Quote Post
magikeyes14
post Jan 2 2004, 02:04 AM
Post #12

in the end there is only me.. *CENSORED*

Member No.: 492

hm.. i think one day someone shoudl write down all the colors...

--------------------
Forever Forbidden
take me into the darkness..........

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Jan 2 2004, 02:43 AM
Post #13

Beter yet, inscribe them into a ring in aramaic and sell it on e-bay as a LOTR authentic artifact or a trinket from a dig at a Crusades battle ground. I hope the aramaic literate don't use e-bay.

--------------------

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Jan 7 2004, 02:51 AM
Post #14

umm...krys...someone already has. Crayola did it, and added a few of their own. check your local toy store coloring aisle for details.

--------------------

(''')(''')

+Quote Post
MoonlightSavings...
post Feb 7 2004, 01:25 PM
Post #15

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Member No.: 383

Here's a thread to help anyone trying to experiment with the colors on the board (since everyone kept talking about it):

The Undiscovered Colors Thread

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Sep 30 2004, 01:10 PM
Post #16

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

This should do the job smile.gif (assuming the forums use the standard HTML colour names, which i'm sure they do).

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Wyvern
post Oct 12 2004, 07:19 PM
Post #17

sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes the bug

Member No.: 1,348

Ooo! if this is right this should be green I think lets see...

hmm.. not green right second attempt this will be blue

Ok not looking good here hows about orange?

Im thinking now is the time for a hasty retreat whilst I rehearse my all too rusty colour theory! Are there other colours out there? and how on earth do you train them to sit still and behave whilst trying to concentrate on letters? Eep!

Now lets see if you sit there quietly and I type this you should be ... ah! ... hmm........

--------------------
[CENTER]Proud participator in the Noob adoption sharing scheme.
Trial specimen: Raevnkite.
Progress:Progressing Nicely

Tribe Wyvern:Come visit!
Im Irishguys Pockety Pet!!!
[/CENTER]
Maps alter your perceptions, confuse your mind and make familiar things seem very strange and thats before you unpack the compass...

+Quote Post
Wytukaze
post Feb 24 2005, 11:54 PM
Post #18

Carcinogenic Donkey

Member No.: 1,656

Little observation from when I was messing around on the spoonguard thread.. You can use hex values for colours.

Oooooooooooooooo

Like so.

What's a hex value? Hex (hexadecimal) is a numbering system, like decimal. It goes through the numbers 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-A-B-C-D-E-F. Hex colours use three colour strains, red, green, and blue, aka RGB. 0 is the darkest, and F is the lightest. (so #000000 is black, and #FFFFFF is white). Each of these strains has two digits, and you preface the whole thing with a #.

That example above looks like this:

CODE
[color=#000000]O[/color][color=#000011]o[/color][color=#000022]o[/color][color=#000033]o[/color][color=#000044]o[/color]
[color=#000055]o[/color][color=#000066]o[/color][color=#000077]o[/color][color=#000088]o[/color][color=#000099]o[/color]
[color=#0000AA]o[/color][color=#0000BB]o[/color][color=#0000CC]o[/color][color=#0000DD]o[/color][color=#0000EE]o[/color]
[color=#0000FF]o[/color]
(with added line breaks so it doesn't trail of the edge of the post).

You can of course go for even more shades by using 01, 02, 03, 5B, F3 etc., but I'm too lazy for that and it's more shades than the human eye can distinguish anyway.

Well, I'm done.

--------------------

JERUSALEM, Israel (AP) - In response to Israel's denial of water to the West Bank, HAMAS released three cheetahs in West Jerusalem, where they went on a killing spree, mauling four Jews and injuring thirteen.

TEL AVIV, Israel (AP) - Following a cheetah attack on West Jerusalem perpetrated by the majority HAMAS party, the Israeli Air Force retaliated by detonating twenty kiloton nuclear devices over Gaza City, Jenin, Nablus, Rafah, and Ramallah.

ASHDOD, Israel (AP) - As a result of the atomic bombings of five Palestinian cities, a 50-foot tall reptile has woken from its million-year slumber in the Mediterranean Sea. The monster has made landfall at Ashdod and obliterated the city. Eyewitnesses report that the monster left the destroyed city heading southeast.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Feb 25 2005, 10:39 AM
Post #19

: P>

Member No.: 991

Actually 00 is the darkest, FF is lightest. tongue.gif But if you want simplicity you can go for 3 digits of hex (eg. #f0f) instead of the usual 6 (#ff00ff). Usually the extra colour resolution that 6 digits gives you is more confusing than helpful.

Lets explain the hex stuff more. In decimal (the usual number system we use, with 10 digits (0 to 9) since thats how many fingers we have - convenient eh) you use the digits 0 to 9 and each digit in the number has a value 10 times that of the number to the right of it, so:

15 in decimal = (10 x 1) + (1 x 5) = 15 (in decimal again tongue.gif)

Hexadecimal (shortened to hex) gets used in computers because it happens that 2 digits of hex nicely represents numbers from 0 to 255, the same as one byte in binary (convenient because computers tend to split things down into bytes, but it's a lot easier to write, say, 0f than the binary equivalent 00010000) . In hex there are 16 digits (0 to f, where a = 10, b = 11, c = 12, d = 13, e = 14, f = 15 ... you get the picture - they ran out of digits so they started using letters), likewise each digit now represents 16 times the value of the digit to the right of it.

15 in hex = (16 x 1) + (1 x 5) = 21 in decimal.

(while we're at it binary follows the same rules except it's base 2, there are 2 digits, 0 and 1, and each digit represents 2 times the value of the digit to the right of it).

</geek waffle caused by boredom>

So how does that help colours? In the colour codes each pair in the triplet (first pair representing red, second green, third blue) can have a value from 00 (black) to ff/255 (full brightness). It tends to be a lot easier to work out how your colour will come out if you know how the numbering system works. smile.gif

I'm not exactly certain but I think the colour mixing behaves slightly differently on computer screens to mixing paint colours because computer screens are emissive light sources whereas paint on paper is reflective (also somewhat annoyingly the eye copes better with reflective sources because 99% of what we see is lit this way).

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Wytukaze
post Feb 25 2005, 10:13 PM
Post #20

Carcinogenic Donkey

Member No.: 1,656

QUOTE (moop @ Feb 25 2005, 10:39 AM)
I'm not exactly certain but I think the colour mixing behaves slightly differently on computer screens to mixing paint colours because computer screens are emissive light sources whereas paint on paper is reflective (also somewhat annoyingly the eye copes better with reflective sources because 99% of what we see is lit this way).

It's that, and also the fact that mixing paint colours is mixing negatives, since you're working with what you want to be absorbed, effectively. Hence mixing all the colours on paper gives you black, but on a screen it gives you white. Strange that the red/blue/ mix works the same way, but blue/green/yellow has green and yellow switched. *shrugs*

--------------------

JERUSALEM, Israel (AP) - In response to Israel's denial of water to the West Bank, HAMAS released three cheetahs in West Jerusalem, where they went on a killing spree, mauling four Jews and injuring thirteen.

TEL AVIV, Israel (AP) - Following a cheetah attack on West Jerusalem perpetrated by the majority HAMAS party, the Israeli Air Force retaliated by detonating twenty kiloton nuclear devices over Gaza City, Jenin, Nablus, Rafah, and Ramallah.

ASHDOD, Israel (AP) - As a result of the atomic bombings of five Palestinian cities, a 50-foot tall reptile has woken from its million-year slumber in the Mediterranean Sea. The monster has made landfall at Ashdod and obliterated the city. Eyewitnesses report that the monster left the destroyed city heading southeast.

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Aug 3 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #21

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Member No.: 535

Ok I know I'm not a noob but this has been bugging me for a while now. Since the posting screen changed I am now unable to change my colours. How do I do it using the icon. I'm stuck. Help!!!

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
Novander
post Aug 3 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #22

Take apart your head

Member No.: 1,599

When you click on the change colour icon, scroll up to the top of the screen and VOILA! A colour palette has appeared.

It's still there, it's just shy.

--------------------
IPB Image
I exist on Last.fm, LiveJournal and Facebook. And occasionally in Real Life.

+Quote Post
Cookieflair
post Aug 3 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #23

Oxymoronic Tonic

Member No.: 2,438

I soo didnt know that!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Aug 3 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #24

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Member No.: 535

Yay!!!!!

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
Hell's Vampyre
post Oct 26 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #25

Vice-Admiral Guppy

Member No.: 2,873

Ok so I have the font and size down pat,I'll have to wait about the color part though...

--------------------
Hell's Vampyre
Dread Lord of the Wastelands

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 08:28 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!