IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Grandparents Embrace The Free Market, And I, the consumer, benefit!
Polocrunch
post Oct 12 2003, 02:58 PM
Post #1

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 505

Yes, my grandparents have embraced the free market values of competition and ruthless corporate hospitality.
In order to gain the love of us, the loving grandchildren, they splash out on ever more expensive gifts. It all started a few years ago when my maternal grandma got it into her head that we loved the other grandmother better. Paternal grandma had been spoiling us rotten since the day we were born, and is a cheery woman. She smothers us in kisses, fruit, chocolate, treats, and so on. Maternal grandma is, by comparison, quite stingy. So, in order to make up for the love-deficit, she started bringing us home-made cakes and various fruits.
This appeared to work on the others, who are easily swayed by bribery, but I was merely a little concerned. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I couldn't stand the cakes (bleuch!), and that the others were consuming them, not I, even though she had brought them for me. She even wrote my name on the cake-tin to rub in how much she favoured me (hehe).
Well, to this I say: Ha! Capitalism has triumphed at last!

Of course, it's a bit worrying that they think so lowly of me, but ne'er will I worry as long as the food keeps rolling in.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Oct 12 2003, 05:10 PM
Post #2

Ai Ravana-hime

Group: New Members
Member No.: 421

The power of baked confectionaries compels you! ph34r.gif

You know, I've seen stuff like this happen with various families and stuff and really......merchandising really isn't the way to go. I thought it was a love thing, but maybe I'm wrong?

Of course, there's the reverse: Not having to deal with the love thing and getting some swag......laugh.gif

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 05:25 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!