2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Life Sucks, come and gripe
quietphyscho
post Nov 10 2003, 05:38 PM
Post #1

Group: New Members
Member No.: 694

Somtimes I look at my life and I think "wow how did I get into this shit hole?" But then I look around and realize I haven't had to deal with anything compared to some people. I read some of the posts people have but in and wonder what's keeping them alive. I don't think that I'm a particularly weak person but when I open my eyes I hve to ask how I can complain. The only person I've ever lost that was truly close to me was my cat, my parents are divored but still get along, and I suffer from depression but was lucky and recognized it and got treatment. I haven't had to dig myself out of any holes. Millions of people have been through absolute torture their entire life but they function on the same level I do. I have great admiration for these people and just want to tell them to hold on. And if your reading this with absolutly nothing to live for and thinking "what in the hell is she doing telling me to hold on?! She has no idea what it's like!" I'm sorry in no way was I trying to imply I understand what you're going through. I'm not sure what this thread is meant to be so just mold it into whatever you want.

--------------------
I live in my own little world... but that's OK everybody knows me here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pab
post Nov 10 2003, 06:12 PM
Post #2

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

yes, the point is good. But:

I'm not sure what this thread is meant to be so just mold it into whatever you want

I shall mould this thread into a tiny lesson on typefaces, or letter-styles. On my comp, the type-face you have chosen is UTTLERLY impossible to read.

Big thick lines + small holes + not much space between leters and lines = the wrong font for anything but titles ....

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Nov 10 2003, 06:36 PM
Post #3

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Member No.: 29

It's a good perspective to be optimistic like that Psycho.....keep it up... smile.gif

+Quote Post
sjbbandgeek
post Nov 10 2003, 06:39 PM
Post #4

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 618

This Reminds me of the M*A*S*H Theme song

+Quote Post
ravein
post Nov 10 2003, 08:54 PM
Post #5

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

wow.. I thought I was the only person in the world who knew the theme song to MASH.. you know that song made a big stink when it first came out... back then no one really talked about Suicide.. let alone sang about...

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
elf
post Nov 11 2003, 05:45 AM
Post #6

disappear with the wandering wind

Member No.: 294

I've been trying to hold on for the past 13 years living in this house. dry.gif;

Holding on some more, I guess. Maybe I'll wait until I'm 18. Maybe.

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Nov 11 2003, 12:56 PM
Post #7

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

that's a long way off honey...what if you can't get out when your 18??

*shudders* that thought haunts me...GAH

(on pab's note, i do like the orange though!)

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
antagony
post Nov 11 2003, 01:27 PM
Post #8

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 560

Whining is my favourite hobby.

I hate Singapore. I can't believe I've spent my entire life in a country I hate so much. Even when I leave I'll still be upset about this because I wasted my whole childhood and adolescence here when I could have been out having fun if I'd been somewhere else. I should have grown up in Canada but I didn't because my parents had the bright idea of staying here for fourteen years. This is a sad excuse for a country. By the time I get out of here and finally have the chance to do all the stupid things I should be doing now, I'll probably know better.

Gah...

--------------------
THE SKY'S GONE OUT!

Urban Freakshow now has a forum // Do you blog here often?

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Nov 11 2003, 01:28 PM
Post #9

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

I often feel like this when I get down. Ya know, why me and then I remember there are starving homeless people out there. It puts it into perspective. HOWEVER, that does not mean to say that you can't ever feel sorry for yourself or the situation you are in. It's all about how it affects you personally. I mean my parents getting divorced was the best thing they could ever do. Yeah at the time it hurt but now I'm better friends with both of them than I ever was. I can't say the divorce did that but it must have contributed somehow. Anyway, my point is.....er.....to me divorce was not a bad thing but to some it is. It all depends on how you look and deal with it obviously.

There is nothing wrong with complaining, moaning, etc. as long as you are prepared to accept the situation and deal with it and help yourself as best you can. Some people can't do this by themselves and that's cool. Just remember who your friends are and who you can trust to help you and you'll be fine.

Yeah, "Hold On" as Good Charlotte said in one of their teen punk efforts.....I'm not slating them...I quite like them.....energetic pop punk with a large slab of cheese wink.gif

Sorry rambling..... blink.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
antagony
post Nov 11 2003, 02:13 PM
Post #10

When I'm upset over stupid things I try to think of homeless people or children in Cambodia so my problems won't seem so bad, but it just makes me feel worse. I end up feeling so guilty for being miserable when I sort of do have a perfect life. I'm so selfish. Overall my problems aren't significant but I can't help but be affected by them anyway... it sucks. Everyone around me enforces that too. It's always "don't be depressed because you have everything" and "you're selfish and delusional" and guilt guilt guilt guilt guilt.

Like I said, whining is my favourite hobby.

--------------------
THE SKY'S GONE OUT!

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Nov 11 2003, 03:11 PM
Post #11

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Member No.: 649

awww. now i feel bad cos i get out of this hell-hole before everyone else. ah well, chin up, as they say. and oddly enough i think of the chim chimmery song. yes, back on topic.

its nice to hear soemoen actually admit they dont have it as bad as others. it gets annoying after you hear time after time "my life is the worst life ever, its worse than yours!" blah blah f*cking blah!

no! im not oging to rant! gahh!

this post wasnt intended to insult anyone, and im sorry for you if you took it that way.

hope things get better for everyone!

love you all muchly!

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Nov 11 2003, 03:18 PM
Post #12

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

indeed, the perpetual thought that their life is worse than ANYONE else's does annoy me in some people. especially when they have friends that are going through worse but they're too busy wrapped up in this boy not liking them and it ruining their life to see through it and be there for them.....grrrr. as one of my friends constantly does when another of my friends is upset over losing an aunt she was really close to. she just doesn't moan because she thinks we don't want to hear it (which we do, if she wants to talk about it) but the other girl is ALWAYS going on about "craig who said he fancied me but went and slept with stacey and i don't know why because he said he really liked me"

oh dear. i'm all angry. i'm sorry peoples dry.gif but it really gets to me!

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Nov 11 2003, 03:46 PM
Post #13

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

don't let anything get you down! you can make it through! smile.gif Your life may not be that hot, but think about it. It could be a lot worse.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
hinsley
post Nov 11 2003, 05:39 PM
Post #14

Talking Cat? Eh, its been dun.

Member No.: 288

QUOTE (ravein @ Nov 10 2003, 09:03 PM)
wow.. I thought I was the only person in the world who knew the theme song to MASH..

ive neverheard of it. my class had to learn it in year 8 and none of us had heard of it. trying to play a song youve never heard of it way hard.

--------------------
Drunken words are sober thoughts.

"But it's turtles all the way down!"

+Quote Post
quietphyscho
post Nov 12 2003, 01:07 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 694

QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Nov 11 2003, 01:37 PM)
Yeah, "Hold On" as Good Charlotte said in one of their teen punk efforts.....I'm not slating them...I quite like them.....energetic pop punk with a large slab of cheese wink.gif

I love that song I'm sure it's saved a few peoples' lives, but then again The Happiest Day Of My Life probobly killed double that number

--------------------
I live in my own little world... but that's OK everybody knows me here.

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Nov 12 2003, 11:45 AM
Post #16

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

QUOTE (quietphyscho @ Nov 12 2003, 01:16 AM)
I love that song I'm sure it's saved a few peoples' lives, but then again The Happiest Day Of My Life probobly killed double that number

Well yeah I guess but you have to ask yourself if people are stupid enough to listen to a song and act it out word for word then they deserve everything they get. Actually....that's a bit harsh.....but do you get my drift? smile.gif It's like blaming all the bad stuff in the world on 'ROCK' music or some other such type of music. It's just daft. It's like we don't have our own brains! rolleyes.gif

I think music should inspire you to do good and help you through the bad times not make you wanna kill yourself or anyone else for that matter!

Anyway, I'm babbling again.... blink.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
antagony
post Nov 12 2003, 01:33 PM
Post #17

I don't understand people who blame music for people's suicides and all that. Personally, when I was really depressed, listening to so-called "suicide music" actually helped me a lot because it made me realize that I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

--------------------
THE SKY'S GONE OUT!

+Quote Post
elf
post Nov 13 2003, 01:01 AM
Post #18

disappear with the wandering wind

Member No.: 294

QUOTE (antagony @ Nov 12 2003, 05:42 AM)
I don't understand people who blame music for people's suicides and all that. Personally, when I was really depressed, listening to so-called "suicide music" actually helped me a lot because it made me realize that I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

Me either. My dad keeps on hating my music because "a while ago there were so many suicides from people who listened to metal"! What the humbugs?!

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
William Wallace
post Nov 13 2003, 03:18 AM
Post #19

*mechanical breath* The force is with you.

Member No.: 690

I don't have much talent. Why is it so hard to draw? I mean, I have lots of control over my fingers when I'm playing TIE FIGHTER or REBEL STRIKE and it always seems so hard just to draw well. I never took art class, so I mostly only do line drwings with a ruler. It really annoys me to see I have to much pottential so wasted. dry.gif ARGH!

Also, It pisses me off like BUGGERY when politicians blame killings on video games and music. They don't now jack sh!t about the stuff, and they criticize it. Those bloody fools at Columbine were screwed up already, it's not like they were normal, not to mention that all the students used to pick on them. it was adding wood to the fire. Stop blaming video games on the dumb sh!t that people do. The media is always looking for a Scapegoat to blame crimes on, and they NEVER think of blaming the criminal him\herself. blink.gif GAH!

--------------------
The one and Only! Rebel Alliance Chief of State.

[b3ta}WWWWWWWWWWW>

Guinness is Good for You.

Loyal son of Scotland

+Quote Post
lygophilia
post Nov 13 2003, 04:06 AM
Post #20

Wanted: Meaningful Overnight Relationship

Member No.: 634

Don't eve get me started on how much I think life sucks... wink.gif ...but here's a funny/depressing song! (depending on how ya look at it wink.gif)

Life's Gonna Suck - Dennis Leary
This one's for all you kids out there . . .

Life's gonna suck when you grow up, when you grow up, when you grow up.
Life's gonna suck when you grow up, it sucks pretty bad right now.

Hey, if you know the words, sing along.

You're gonna have to mow the lawn, do the dishes, make your bed.
You're gonna have to go to school until you're seventeen.

It's gonna seem about three times as long as that.

You might have to go to war, shoot a gun, kill a nun.
You might have to go to war when you get out of school.

Hey cheer up kids, it gets a lot worse.

You're gonna have to deal with stress, deal with stress, deal with stress.
You're gonna be a giant mess when you get back from the war.

Santa Claus does not exist, and there is no Easter Bunny.
You'll find out when you grow up that Big Bird isn't funny. Funny ahahahaha

Life's gonna suck when you grow up, when you grow up, when you grow up.
Life's gonna suck when you grow up, it sucks pretty bad right now.

You're gonna end up smoking crack, on your back, face the fact.
You're gonna end up hooked on smack and then you're gonna die.

And then you're gonna die!
...and it's to the tune of "the wheels on the bus..." blink.gif ...... tongue.gif

--------------------
Blog Site DeviantArt
Don't give me that kinkier-than-thou attitude!
If you are feeling good, don't worry. You'll get over it.
Prejudice is wrong; you should hate everyone the same!
We are born naked, wet, and hungry, then things get worse.
Get your mind out of the gutter, you're blocking my periscope!
Some mornings it's just not worth gnawing through the leather straps.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me!
People say that everyone has a few skeletons in their closet, but I don't. Not yet anyway. The bodies are still decomposing.
We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there!

+Quote Post
William Wallace
post Nov 13 2003, 04:51 AM
Post #21

It's both. I'm crying on one side and pissing with laughter on the other.

--------------------

[b3ta}WWWWWWWWWWW>

Loyal son of Scotland

+Quote Post
antagony
post Nov 13 2003, 01:33 PM
Post #22

Speaking of suicide music... I think I'll listen to some now. God I'm lonely.

--------------------
THE SKY'S GONE OUT!

+Quote Post
Hyperion
post Nov 13 2003, 02:51 PM
Post #23

samazon

Member No.: 234

Dude, i just wrote an article on this. Funny thing, that. Here we go... *yay for copy and paste* It was for English - I intend to rewrite it more scathingly.

My Life Sucks.

Opinions are like mouths – everyone’s got one and they can all inhale vigorously.
I’m getting really tired of hearing all this “teenage angst”. It seems to be “in” these days to be depressed and suicidal, and to whine about how bad life is. Today’s general attitude toward life is that nothing can make it better.
Every day I see and hear students in this school saying that nobody likes them, they have no friends, their life “sucks” because they don’t have the latest computer game or brand of sneakers.
If you look at people our age (roughly 15-16, I’ve noticed that in many people this whining decreases with age) around the world, many would give anything to live the way we do. When you really think about it, we’re handed everything on a silver platter – television, computers, books, an education. Our way of life is, if anything, extravagant.
I realize that I am being hypocritical. I’m just as whiney as everyone else, but at least I realize that I sound pitiful when I complain about my life. I also realize that my life is pretty good, and whining about it has no worth or merit, and in fact only serves to cheapen the experience of life itself. I am, despite my complaints, grateful for the way I live.
But many kids out there aren’t. They truly believe that their lives are second-rate, and because that they aren’t perfect they need to be depressed. Newsflash, everyone – nothing is ever perfect. If you look for flaws, you will find them – in anything and everything.
Most people have pretty good lives. Everyone goes through bad times, but most won’t ruin your life. Try to be grateful for all you have – a home, regular meals, and the opportunity to be a successful human being.
And please – stop whining!! I’ll try if you will.

November 13, 2003

--------------------
I saw you, Walt Whitman, childless, lonely old grubber, poking among the meats in the refrigerator and eyeing the grocery boys. I heard you asking questions of each: Who killed the pork chops? What price bananas? Are you my Angel? Ginsberg

+Quote Post
William Wallace
post Nov 13 2003, 08:08 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (Hyperion @ Nov 13 2003, 03:00 PM)
Dude, i just wrote an article on this. Funny thing, that. Here we go... *yay for copy and paste* It was for English - I intend to rewrite it more scathingly.

My Life Sucks.

Opinions are like mouths – everyone’s got one and they can all inhale vigorously.
I’m getting really tired of hearing all this “teenage angst”. It seems to be “in” these days to be depressed and suicidal, and to whine about how bad life is. Today’s general attitude toward life is that nothing can make it better.
Every day I see and hear students in this school saying that nobody likes them, they have no friends, their life “sucks” because they don’t have the latest computer game or brand of sneakers.
If you look at people our age (roughly 15-16, I’ve noticed that in many people this whining decreases with age) around the world, many would give anything to live the way we do. When you really think about it, we’re handed everything on a silver platter – television, computers, books, an education. Our way of life is, if anything, extravagant.
I realize that I am being hypocritical. I’m just as whiney as everyone else, but at least I realize that I sound pitiful when I complain about my life. I also realize that my life is pretty good, and whining about it has no worth or merit, and in fact only serves to cheapen the experience of life itself. I am, despite my complaints, grateful for the way I live.
But many kids out there aren’t. They truly believe that their lives are second-rate, and because that they aren’t perfect they need to be depressed. Newsflash, everyone – nothing is ever perfect. If you look for flaws, you will find them – in anything and everything.
Most people have pretty good lives. Everyone goes through bad times, but most won’t ruin your life. Try to be grateful for all you have – a home, regular meals, and the opportunity to be a successful human being.
And please – stop whining!! I’ll try if you will.

November 13, 2003

exatly. be happy. You were born with a frigging silver spoon in your mouth, and you make up suicide poetry or dress in black and say your life sucks just because you didn't get your IPOD or you Sneakers or your Computer or what have you. I try not to whine, when I don't get something, I take a deep breath, and remember that other people have it WORSE. Far worse.

I know that life will never be perfect, so when people ask me how my day way, I say sh!tty. Sh!tty, sh!tty, sh!tty. Because there's not going to be ONE day in your life when all is perfect-but that doesn't mean you should cry and whine. Live life to it's fullest instead, because life's far too short to be whining. Go outside! Jump around! Breath in the fresh air! Dance in the glory of life!

I've found that there's nothing like taking a leisurely climb up a rocky hillock. It's even better than the telly our your computer.

--------------------

[b3ta}WWWWWWWWWWW>

Loyal son of Scotland

+Quote Post
lygophilia
post Nov 13 2003, 09:16 PM
Post #25

Wanted: Meaningful Overnight Relationship

Member No.: 634

Hey, I *like* teen angst all right? dry.gif ...for now at least. I like teen angst music. But it's probably the punk sound of it I like rather than the lyrics. And I'm not complaning about not getting something I want...well I *do* complain about it sometimes, tongue.gif (it's a nice hobby) but that's not why I get depressed. I've been diagnosed with depression. I'm very sensitive, and one small thing can ruin my day. But it's not completely my fault. It's a chemical imbalance, and I'm on medz for it. I know my life compared to lives of others is pretty good (which is why I feel like a b**** sometimes). And I find people who say how great life is to be incredibly annoying dry.gif ...but then again, that's probably how depressed people sound to happy people. Oh...and I don't dress in black for those reasons...I like the look...it's easy to match...it's slimming...and...black's a cool color. cool.gif It's not like I wear all black everyday. wink.gif And as for the media/politicians blaming killings on video games/music/tv...grrr! So annoying...not even going to go into that one.

--------------------
Blog Site DeviantArt
Don't give me that kinkier-than-thou attitude!
If you are feeling good, don't worry. You'll get over it.
Prejudice is wrong; you should hate everyone the same!
We are born naked, wet, and hungry, then things get worse.
Get your mind out of the gutter, you're blocking my periscope!
Some mornings it's just not worth gnawing through the leather straps.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me!
People say that everyone has a few skeletons in their closet, but I don't. Not yet anyway. The bodies are still decomposing.
We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 08:16 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!