Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Nov 13 2003, 05:20 PM
Post #2

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 505

That's it? A single, trivial line to start a new thread? Can you say "spamwhore"?

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Nov 13 2003, 07:08 PM
Post #3

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

i doubt he can

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Nov 13 2003, 07:22 PM
Post #4

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Nov 13 2003, 05:29 PM)
That's it? A single, trivial line to start a new thread? Can you say "spamwhore"?

Give the person a chance ffs!
Ok, so this person has shown his/herself to be a complete abomination towards all kinds of civil conversation, but at least it was in the right forum and not completely random and stupid, so at least they're giving it a go. People change. Not very often, but some people do change.

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
leopold
post Nov 13 2003, 08:47 PM
Post #5

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Yeah, let's be fair guys. At least this is a Daily Life sorta thing.

Anubis, ya could elaborate a bit though. Tell us what band yer in, what yer solo was gonna be, why they took it off ya etc etc... then we can all tell ya how crap it is that they took it off ya.

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Nov 14 2003, 03:20 PM
Post #6

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

hey, i'm in a marching band! is it with a military ish thing, or just for fun? and what do you play? and what songs? intrigued now! cool.gif

i'm in one with air cadets, our squadron's band rocks cause every other squadron apart from cambridge (scum) think we're the best in the wing. quite a big area laugh.gif i play clarinet normally but i could play snare if i learnt to march with it as i'm good at rolling and doing the paradiddlies. and i'm IC of musicians (recently discovered i get to wear a brassard (thing with badges on) on both arms instead of just the right!! go me biggrin.gif also considered musical genius of squadron and compose most of the songs for the three different keys we have instruments in. don't get solos cause we play mostly together though.

there you go! elaborated informative posty thing. try one like that?

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Nov 14 2003, 03:38 PM
Post #7

I used to be an Air Cadet....played in the band too did Biggan(sp?) Hill air show one year, went to Lambersart (in france) to play in a parade and went to RAF Valley for the annual camp type thing...oh and a flew in a glider... and knocked half of one of my front teeth out with the recoil of an L98 rifle (same family as the SA80)....then i left because we just stopped doing cool stuff....then i joined Sea Cadets, our CO there was the national Band Master and i did LOADS of cool stuff with the band, though my two favourites were going to Germany to play in Weisbaden, another festival/carnaval, it was all played for by them, and after the caranaval we got so drunk because people kept giving us drink biggrin.gif then there was one the crowning moments of my life, with another 99 Sea Cadets i played in a band in the Royal Tournament and i was on this HUGE screen (about the size of a large cinema screen) by myself!! i saw it and sh1t a brick tongue.gif, my sister played a drum solo for that....oh yeah...and i sailed around the coast of wales on Royalist... its a Square Rigged ship. big fun, lots of potatoes tongue.gif

wow i've done a lot of stuff
/me goes to add it to his CV

Edit: oh and because i want to show off, my unit used to be the best in the country (we won the Canada Trophy...means we're the best) and I was enrolled by the Second Sea Lord....he's a very important man for those who don't know....probably most of you tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Nov 14 2003, 03:42 PM
Post #8

This space intentionally left blank

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203

You certainly should. Potential employers read all sorts of good things into a list like that.

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Nov 14 2003, 03:53 PM
Post #9

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Nov 14 2003, 03:47 PM)
I used to be an Air Cadet....played in the band too did Biggan(sp?) Hill air show one year, went to Lambersart (in france) to play in a parade and went to RAF Valley for the annual camp type thing...oh and a flew in a glider... and knocked half of one of my front teeth out with the recoil of an L98 rifle (same family as the SA80

oooo what squadron were you an air cadet in?? ....and how old are you then? and did you get rank? and yeah...sorry i'm intrigued, never found other people who go/used to go before (online) huh.gif
i got to shoot an l98 before i'd even done any dry training on a .22! so kewl...good grouping too *proud*
although i never get to go anywhere that kewl with my band, i went to wales on summer camp. jeez, if i didn't go to cadets my life would be sooo different...

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Nov 14 2003, 04:12 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (the lil' pie fairy @ Nov 14 2003, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Nov 14 2003, 03:47 PM)
I used to be an Air Cadet....played in the band too did Biggan(sp?) Hill air show one year, went to Lambersart (in france) to play in a parade and went to RAF Valley for the annual camp type thing...oh and a flew in a glider... and knocked half of one of my front teeth out with the recoil of an L98 rifle (same family as the SA80

oooo what squadron were you an air cadet in?? ....and how old are you then? and did you get rank? and yeah...sorry i'm intrigued, never found other people who go/used to go before (online) huh.gif
i got to shoot an l98 before i'd even done any dry training on a .22! so kewl...good grouping too *proud*
although i never get to go anywhere that kewl with my band, i went to wales on summer camp. jeez, if i didn't go to cadets my life would be sooo different...

129 Squadron, i've never shot .22 in my life tongue.gif and i think i was 1 off the marksmanship award on the 400 meter range....then i knocked my tooth out on the 25 meter range >_< but now i have a pretty new tooth...well it got capped biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anubis
post Nov 14 2003, 04:56 PM
Post #11

Crono trigger is the best

Member No.: 659

you all must hate me alot

--------------------
The darkness bind you all

+Quote Post
Anubis
post Nov 14 2003, 05:02 PM
Post #12

Crono trigger is the best

Member No.: 659

El cap high school band, and i play the turnpet, the solo was for our field-show and it was the only one in our field-show

the person who was sapost to play it wast-out and i got the part. but his mom got pist and now he has to play it

--------------------
The darkness bind you all

+Quote Post
werewolf3361
post Nov 15 2003, 06:04 AM
Post #13

Lost in my mind

Member No.: 555

QUOTE (WeeJ @ Nov 13 2003, 07:31 PM)
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Nov 13 2003, 05:29 PM)

Give the person a chance ffs!
Ok, so this person has shown his/herself to be a complete abomination towards all kinds of civil conversation, but at least it was in the right forum and not completely random and stupid, so at least they're giving it a go. People change. Not very often, but some people do change.

I just have to put in that the reason his posts are so short is because he can't type very fast.... and we're in class most the time he can get on and post.... so yeah just have to put in that.... lol....

and Ted in regards to your solo thing.... I'm sorry that you lost it.... I think you would have done a good job and I agree that Mr.Brown (our music teacher at El Cap) shouldn't be teaching music because he cant hear tones and he can barely read music properly.... biggrin.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
I <3 Girls
"Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians!"

+Quote Post
prezgfish
post Nov 15 2003, 05:41 PM
Post #14

I plug directly into my computer

Group: Banned
Member No.: 61

man this thread is just cruel a guy sticks his neck out trying to get support and

BAM

down comes the guilotine of pain and judgement OUCH

so i suggest pourin glaxitives into the guys coffee

he won't be playing the trumpet then

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Nov 15 2003, 08:00 PM
Post #15

I forgot my socks

Member No.: 417

QUOTE (werewolf3361 @ Nov 15 2003, 12:13 AM)
Mr.Brown (our music teacher at El Cap) shouldn't be teaching music because he cant hear tones and he can barely read music properly.... biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear 'bout that, Anubis. Don't you friggin' hate it when sh-t like that happens? You'd think yer music teacher would have enough of a spine to tell that kid's mom "Look, lady, too f--kin' bad. Your kid didn't get the solo, I have someone else to do it. Deal with it."

(I was in band 5th-9th grades...played Clarinet *grrr* but I wanted to play drums! Stupid mom wouldn't let me. Said they were too loud.)

Did you talk to yer music teacher about it, or is he one of those unapproachable jerkoffs?

...if nothing else works, smear Carmex all over the other kid's trumpet...especialy all over the mouthpiece..!! *evil laughter*

--------------------
If I was a zombie, I would be back from the dead. As it is, I'm just back!

+Quote Post
werewolf3361
post Nov 15 2003, 09:36 PM
Post #16

Lost in my mind

Member No.: 555

QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Nov 15 2003, 08:09 PM)
You'd think yer music teacher would have enough of a spine to tell that kid's mom "Look, lady, too f--kin' bad. Your kid didn't get the solo, I have someone else to do it. Deal with it."

The thing about that is that Mr. Brown called the other kid's parents and told them that he wouldn't do the solo and so the kid's mom made him take it.... it really sucks...
I know this because I get to hear about it every day in computer class sitting next to Ted/Anubis..... I get to hear all about what happened.... every day.... sense it happened.... lol..... that's kewl though... biggrin.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
I <3 Girls
"Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians!"

+Quote Post
leopold
post Nov 17 2003, 11:07 AM
Post #17

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

QUOTE (Anubis @ Nov 14 2003, 05:11 PM)
El cap high school band, and i play the turnpet, the solo was for our field-show and it was the only one in our field-show

the person who was sapost to play it wast-out and i got the part. but his mom got pist and now he has to play it

Yep, that's more along the lines of what I meant...

Actually, that does suck quite a lot. Sorry to hear that, chap. sad.gif Mebbe ya should get your mom in to get biblical so ya get it back. Or maybe do like in American Pie 2 an shove his trumpet up someone's arse... wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 10:43 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!